Forums

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Posts 121 to 140 of 204

Jeremyx7

I'm fine with this provided Disney allows Lucas Film 100% creative freedom. That includes ideas, writing, directing, actors, special effects, ect... As far as production goes Disney should help out allot in order to make the movies that much quicker but not at the expense of quality.

I'm honestly excited about the concept of Episodes VII-IX. I wonder if they're going to be somewhat based off the Thrawn Trilogy books of which I read the first book 'Heir to the Empire' but never finished 'Dark Force Rising' nor 'The Last Command'. Awesome books btw, but I wouldn't mind something a bit different provided it connects well with all six episodes of the Saga.

Star Wars has been HUGE to me throughout my life and I love the amazing creative/imaginative universe that it continues to expand upon. Grew up with the original trilogy right before I started middle school...then immediately the following year episode 1 came out and Loved Star Wars that much more & so on. I absolutely love how much depth and richness the prequels' back stories contributed to the original trilogy so I'm open minded for ep 7.

As far as Disney goes owning Lucasarts, one can only hope for the best. Until then though, we shall see what happens.....

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

HawkeyeWii

Maybe the world will end after all this winter, so we won't have to see these movies....

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

joker94 wrote:

I personally don't mind this. Maybe they will get some fresh, new ideas or something. BTW I don't get all the hate behind the prequel trilogy. Sure, it wasn't as good as the originals, but I thought that the prequels were good too..

Yeah I don't really understand the hatred either. It's kind of ridiculous! I mean, do you know how high the expectations were for those movies?? There was no way imagineable he could have lived up to it. TAke the expectations for the last Dark Knight movie, times 1000. Yeah that's what you get

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

Knux

The prequels aren't bad Star Wars episodes (except for Episode II). The original trilogy is just put on this impossibly high pedestal by the fans, so there was tons of disappointment the moment Episode I was released in theaters. The Phantom Menace was hyped to hell and back, so there was no way in hell that film could have pleased all of the fans. It's a combination of nostalgia and impossible to fulfill high standards that caused the prequels to get so much backlash. If we're going to play that game, then I can say that the original trilogy isn't perfect either (which it isn't, no film or game is really perfect in my opinion). Episodes III-VI are fantastic films though. Episode I is good, and Episode II is a freaking joke.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

CanisWolfred

I actually thought Episode 3 was the worst of the 3. I'd say why, but I don't want this thread to devolve into yet another "which **** stinks more" kind of argument.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HawkeyeWii

@Jon_Talbain

It is ultimately your opinion, but that was easily the best of the 3. This isn't even an opinion, more of a fact. You can't tell me you liked Jar Jars babbling better than 3. If you did.... you have my pity.

Twitter:

Ideal_Hero

I've got to say that I agree with @Knux more on this one. I found the prequals to be fine. I still like the originals more, but I enjoyed the new ones for what they were. Not to mention whether you like the prequals or not is a matter of opinion so there isn't a right or wrong in that area.

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Knux

Jon_Talbain wrote:

I actually thought Episode 3 was the worst of the 3. I'd say why, but I don't want this thread to devolve into yet another "which **** stinks more" kind of argument.

Then you're going to be shocked when I say that Revenge of the Sith is my FAVORITE Star Wars movie.

Knux

Auracle

I personally enjoyed all the Star Wars movies. I remember watching all of these growing up (well, except 3, which came out later). While I don't think the Prequel Trilogy is as good as the Original Trilogy, I wouldn't say it was awful.

Edited on by Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

WesCash

Knux wrote:

Then you're going to be shocked when I say that Revenge of the Sith is my FAVORITE Star Wars movie.

Obligatory:
Untitled

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

SilverLightning

and it will be full of crappy CGI, i hope they do it like the original trilogy how everything was real

im SilverLightning i was @BlueLightning i changed my name, i was born in a barn in ohio i was put in prison. 19 years later andy dufresne escaped shawshank prison.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3094-8702 | Nintendo Network ID: SilverLightning

WesCash

@TBD
It's because words are not capable of conveying the emotion displayed by Mark Hamill, the greatest actor of all time forever and ever.

@SilverLightning
Agreed. Watching the "remastered" versions of the original Star Wars is rather sad. It's so obvious what has been added in because the CG is just screaming at you. Puppet Yoda beats CG Yoda in a fight any day of the week.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Auracle

WesCash wrote:

Puppet Yoda beats CG Yoda in a fight any day of the week.

True, this be. Eh hehehe!

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Happy_Mask

theblackdragon wrote:

^ yeah that same image has been used a couple times in this thread already lol :3

This better?
Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

I really liked Episode III, it was clearly the best out of the prequels in my opinion.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Adam

The Expanded Universe is too expansive. It is a huge mess before the planned story arcs (New Jedi Order and the ones afterward when I stopped reading). I doubt they will straight up adapt any of the books. It would be a pain to stay faithful to the books. They are going to want to make their own stories, but there just isnt a place in the timeline for some grandiose adventure that hasnt already been told, or without the need to reference stuff that has already happened in the books, leaving nonreaders in the dark.

More likely they'll pick and choose elements as they go along. I would not be surprised to see Mara Jade worked in, and maybe Thrawn, too. What I read about Disney's plans though compared this more to James Bond, with a movie every few years, not necessarily a trilogy format at all.

I dont expect much here... But i am intrigued nonetheless. Can they really do any worse than Phantom Menace?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

the_shpydar

The EU became a bigger mess once the prequels hit in particular (a bunch of Zahn's trilogy was definitely impacted; it had hinted that the Clone Wars was a series of battles that involved attempted cloning of Jedi, amongst other tidbits — although there were continuity issues right from the unofficial birth of the EU, as both Zahn's Trilogy and the Dark Empire comic series were originally set at the same time; it was promptly retconned by shifting DE ahead a year or so), especially since it was originally thought that the Clone Wars and the Rise of the Empire happened further back in time from the original film (more like 40-60 years), as opposed to the 20 or so years that Lucas decided to go with. Once the prequels were going on (as Adam said, around the time of the NJO series), Lucasafilm in general was able to coordinate things a lot better so there would not be as many contradictions.

Then of course the Clone Wars tv series came along to fugatch some things some more, lol

Even if they go with a completely new original story, i expect that some EU references will be thrown in, just as the prequels made some quick references to EU stuff and characters (basically quick throwawy lines, like Obi-Wan's reference to Master Quinlan Vos). If nothing else, Mara Jade and the Solo children are a must (well, at least Jacen and Jaina).

/end SW Geek comment

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.