Forums

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Posts 101 to 120 of 204

RudysaurusRex

Wait guys... Disney is actually a good company. Pirates anyone? The Avengers? Yeah all under Disney. So it's not Disneys fault. I just hope Lucas as a 'consultant' effs this up.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

I agree with Rudydog13. The thing is, everyone loves the "original trilogy", and detests the new one, but if you notice, one of the big differences behind the cameras was that George Lucas had a lot more control over the newer films than he did with the older ones. The best rated of the six films, The Empire Strikes Back, wasn't even directed by Lucas.

If there is some good talent both in front of and behind the cameras, it is highly possible that we'll get better films than Episodes I-III.

Also keep in mind that, between Episode IV and Episode I, Lucas hadn't directed a film in 22 years.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

the_shpydar

@Dragon
Yes, GL did say all that (and more comments to the same effect) over the years — although he's also over the years made contradictory statements regarding any potential VII-IX storylines (such as saying he had the storylines in his head, etc). It's been more recenlty — since and during the prequel trilogy — that he's been more firm about "No More Movies", as the prequels resulted in him rebranding the Saga as basically just "The Adventures of Anakin Skywalker (and Son)".

It's something he's gone back on more recently. In the video released regarding the sale:

George Lucas wrote:

“I always said I wasn’t going to do any more and that’s true, because I’m not going to do any more, but that doesn’t mean I’m unwilling to turn it over to Kathy to do more ... and I have complete confidence that she’s going to take them [his story notes and ideas for a follow-up trilogy] and make great movies.”

At any rate, it's out of his hands now. And honestly, it's a good thing — GL is a great storyteller and creative force, but not such a great writer or director. I hope that regardless of what they do with the new movies, that the storylines/scripts/ideas are written or contributed to by some of the better EU authors like Zahn, Luceno, Allston, et al.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Magi

Can't wait! I'm optimistic (which is rare).

Magi

Knux

Hopefully, the Thrawn Trilogy will be Episodes VII-IX, so I can see Mara Jade on the big screen for the first time...I'm actually liking this news more and more when I think about it.

Knux

Tasuki

Gioku wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...

Oh Snap!

Anyways, how many companies is Disney going to buy?
Let's see, they've bought:

• Pixar (that one wouldn't have cost much)
  • ESPN
  • Marvel
    And now Lucasfilm. I'm sure there's other companies that they've bought, too.

Dont forget Jim Henson Studios is also owned by Disney.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Philip_J_Reed

Tasuki wrote:

Gioku wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Oh Snap!

• ESPN
  • Marvel

Actually if I'm not mistaken, Disney just bought the rights to The Muppets specifically. There are still other productions under the Jim Henson label that Disney doesn't own.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Norfair

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

What if they bought Nintendo?

Please, I don't want nightmares.

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

Tasuki

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Gioku wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Oh Snap!

• ESPN
  • Marvel

Actually if I'm not mistaken, Disney just bought the rights to The Muppets specifically. There are still other productions under the Jim Henson label that Disney doesn't own.

I thought it was all of Jim Henson's cause I remember seeing the Buena Vista logo after Dinosaurs.

Oh yeah and I forgot to add that Disney also owns ABC and Touchstone Pictures as well.

My Backlog

Tasuki

rudydog13 wrote:

Wait guys... Disney is actually a good company. Pirates anyone? The Avengers? Yeah all under Disney.

The Avengers was all Marvel. They already had it finished in terms of writing and all that by the time Disney bought out Marvel. Beginning with Iron man 3 and every Marvel forward will Disney Actually have control.

My Backlog

MrWalkieTalkie

Tasuki wrote:

rudydog13 wrote:

Wait guys... Disney is actually a good company. Pirates anyone? The Avengers? Yeah all under Disney.

The Avengers was all Marvel. They already had it finished in terms of writing and all that by the time Disney bought out Marvel. Beginning with Iron man 3 and every Marvel forward will Disney Actually have control.

And have you seen the trailer to Iron Man 3? From what it seems, this is no happy Disney movie, it still looks like it under Marvel's control, but under Disney's name but that seems to change nothing.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Reala

Untitled

Honestly it would be pretty tough for them to make it worse than the prequels, disney might do a good job you never know.

Reala

Happy_Mask

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Henmii

I have miiiiixed feelings about this!

On one hand I am so excited that we finally get a new trilogy, but on the other hand: Lucasfilm sold to Disney?! What the....!!

I guess Disney only bought it for the merchandising rights! There was already lots and lots of merchandising, now there will be even much more!! So I fear that the movies will suck big time, because they will be only made to sell merchandising. Hopefully I am wrong! As long as the movies aren't worse then episode 2 and 3 (wich where still pretty fun by the way), I am happy!

Guess we also see a new Indiana Jones (and/or a CGI TV-series) pretty soon. Not much expectations though, since Indiana Jones 4 was pretty dissapointing!

Henmii

Tasuki

Henmii wrote:

Guess we also see a new Indiana Jones (and/or a CGI TV-series) pretty soon. Not much expectations though, since Indiana Jones 4 was pretty dissapointing!

Well I am not sure of the Indy series since that was a joint collaboration between Lucas and Spielberg. I know the movie rights for Indy are owned by Paramount and that wasnt part of the deal.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Jani-Koblaney

I personally don't mind this. Maybe they will get some fresh, new ideas or something. BTW I don't get all the hate behind the prequel trilogy. Sure, it wasn't as good as the originals, but I thought that the prequels were good too..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Joeynator3000

They just need to go and buy everything and get it over with already, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.