General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Showing 101 to 120 of 206

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

101. Posted:

Finally we will see Buzz Lightyear in outer space?

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eviLaTtenDant

102. Posted:

Can't wait for The Mouse Unleashed.

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RudysaurusRex

103. Posted:

Wait guys... Disney is actually a good company. Pirates anyone? The Avengers? Yeah all under Disney. So it's not Disneys fault. I just hope Lucas as a 'consultant' effs this up.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES
The best troll thread ever

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

104. Posted:

I agree with Rudydog13. The thing is, everyone loves the "original trilogy", and detests the new one, but if you notice, one of the big differences behind the cameras was that George Lucas had a lot more control over the newer films than he did with the older ones. The best rated of the six films, The Empire Strikes Back, wasn't even directed by Lucas.

If there is some good talent both in front of and behind the cameras, it is highly possible that we'll get better films than Episodes I-III.

Also keep in mind that, between Episode IV and Episode I, Lucas hadn't directed a film in 22 years.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

105. Posted:

@Dragon
Yes, GL did say all that (and more comments to the same effect) over the years — although he's also over the years made contradictory statements regarding any potential VII-IX storylines (such as saying he had the storylines in his head, etc). It's been more recenlty — since and during the prequel trilogy — that he's been more firm about "No More Movies", as the prequels resulted in him rebranding the Saga as basically just "The Adventures of Anakin Skywalker (and Son)".

It's something he's gone back on more recently. In the video released regarding the sale:

George Lucas wrote:

“I always said I wasn’t going to do any more and that’s true, because I’m not going to do any more, but that doesn’t mean I’m unwilling to turn it over to Kathy to do more ... and I have complete confidence that she’s going to take them [his story notes and ideas for a follow-up trilogy] and make great movies.”

At any rate, it's out of his hands now. And honestly, it's a good thing — GL is a great storyteller and creative force, but not such a great writer or director. I hope that regardless of what they do with the new movies, that the storylines/scripts/ideas are written or contributed to by some of the better EU authors like Zahn, Luceno, Allston, et al.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magi

106. Posted:

Can't wait! I'm optimistic (which is rare).

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

107. Posted:

Hopefully, the Thrawn Trilogy will be Episodes VII-IX, so I can see Mara Jade on the big screen for the first time...I'm actually liking this news more and more when I think about it. :*

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

108. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...:O

Oh Snap! :P

Anyways, how many companies is Disney going to buy?
Let's see, they've bought:

  • Pixar (that one wouldn't have cost much)
  • ESPN
  • Marvel
    And now Lucasfilm. I'm sure there's other companies that they've bought, too.

Dont forget Jim Henson Studios is also owned by Disney.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

109. Posted:

What if they bought Nintendo? :O

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

110. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Gioku wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...:O

Oh Snap! :P

Anyways, how many companies is Disney going to buy?
Let's see, they've bought:

  • Pixar (that one wouldn't have cost much)
  • ESPN
  • Marvel
    And now Lucasfilm. I'm sure there's other companies that they've bought, too.

Dont forget Jim Henson Studios is also owned by Disney.

Actually if I'm not mistaken, Disney just bought the rights to The Muppets specifically. There are still other productions under the Jim Henson label that Disney doesn't own.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norfair

111. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

What if they bought Nintendo? :O

Please, I don't want nightmares.

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

112. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Gioku wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...:O

Oh Snap! :P

Anyways, how many companies is Disney going to buy?
Let's see, they've bought:

  • Pixar (that one wouldn't have cost much)
  • ESPN
  • Marvel
    And now Lucasfilm. I'm sure there's other companies that they've bought, too.

Dont forget Jim Henson Studios is also owned by Disney.

Actually if I'm not mistaken, Disney just bought the rights to The Muppets specifically. There are still other productions under the Jim Henson label that Disney doesn't own.

I thought it was all of Jim Henson's cause I remember seeing the Buena Vista logo after Dinosaurs.

Oh yeah and I forgot to add that Disney also owns ABC and Touchstone Pictures as well.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

113. Posted:

rudydog13 wrote:

Wait guys... Disney is actually a good company. Pirates anyone? The Avengers? Yeah all under Disney.

The Avengers was all Marvel. They already had it finished in terms of writing and all that by the time Disney bought out Marvel. Beginning with Iron man 3 and every Marvel forward will Disney Actually have control.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

114. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

rudydog13 wrote:

Wait guys... Disney is actually a good company. Pirates anyone? The Avengers? Yeah all under Disney.

The Avengers was all Marvel. They already had it finished in terms of writing and all that by the time Disney bought out Marvel. Beginning with Iron man 3 and every Marvel forward will Disney Actually have control.

And have you seen the trailer to Iron Man 3? From what it seems, this is no happy Disney movie, it still looks like it under Marvel's control, but under Disney's name but that seems to change nothing.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noob_The_Third

115. Posted:

Disney is on a quest to buy everything.

8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

116. Posted:

Untitled

Honestly it would be pretty tough for them to make it worse than the prequels, disney might do a good job you never know.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

117. Posted:

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

118. Posted:

I have miiiiixed feelings about this!

On one hand I am so excited that we finally get a new trilogy, but on the other hand: Lucasfilm sold to Disney?! What the....!!

I guess Disney only bought it for the merchandising rights! There was already lots and lots of merchandising, now there will be even much more!! So I fear that the movies will suck big time, because they will be only made to sell merchandising. Hopefully I am wrong! As long as the movies aren't worse then episode 2 and 3 (wich where still pretty fun by the way), I am happy!

Guess we also see a new Indiana Jones (and/or a CGI TV-series) pretty soon. Not much expectations though, since Indiana Jones 4 was pretty dissapointing!

Henmii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

119. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

Guess we also see a new Indiana Jones (and/or a CGI TV-series) pretty soon. Not much expectations though, since Indiana Jones 4 was pretty dissapointing!

Well I am not sure of the Indy series since that was a joint collaboration between Lucas and Spielberg. I know the movie rights for Indy are owned by Paramount and that wasnt part of the deal.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

120. Posted:

Norfair wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

What if they bought Nintendo? :O

Please, I don't want nightmares.

But just think of the epic crossovers! XD
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!