Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 976 to 995 of 4,151

Captain_Toad

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Don't forget the follow-up calls!

What's that?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CanisWolfred

mariobro4 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

What's that?

Where you call up the places you applied to, ask to speak to the manager, say "This is [insert name here], I applied for [insert job here] on [insert date], and I'm calling to follow up."

It's very important, since it lets them know that you're still interested in the job (and, among other things, it could let you know whether or not the job is even available).

Only do it when it's been a week or two since you applied, though. No need to pester.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Captain_Toad

CanisWolfred wrote:

mariobro4 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

What's that?

Where you call up the places you applied to, ask to speak to the manager, say "This is [insert name here], I applied for [insert job here] on [insert date], and I'm calling to follow up."

It's very important, since it lets them know that you're still interested in the job (and, among other things, it could let you know whether or not the job is even available).

Only do it when it's been a week or two since you applied, though. No need to pester.

I shall give that a try. Thanks!

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Mickey

I can't do anything today. I can't think because one half thinks this and the other half is appalled by what the other half is thinking and I can't resolve it because I'll probably just cry for another twenty minutes. I can't write, because whenever I try, the character just turns into me and the story turns into me fighting myself. Y'know, back when I was a kid, I thought puberty was just when you were thirteen or something, you'd feel excruciating pain for five minutes and then it's over. I was only half right, it's actually excruciating emotional pain and it certainly lasts longer then five minutes. Overall, I want the old me back. He made funnier posts.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Arianabtd

Today really isn't my day today. I really feel out of it, and I wasn't able to accomplish any school today.
Oh and I feel like passing out x3.
Anyways~ I'm hoping some feel good Sunggyu music will make me feel better ^^.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I was looking around the internet and came across a video of a mother beating her baby...I was completely shocked and other emotions I really can't describe...what world do we live in?

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Mickey

undead_terror wrote:

I was looking around the internet and came across a video of a mother beating her baby...I was completely shocked and other emotions I really can't describe...what world do we live in?

In a world where people film other people harming babies.

The Mousekeloggery

Jaz007

I've looked at some posts I've today and before today and I can't believe all the little typos I make. I mean it's not line terrible grammar just putting in the wrong by misspelling it or something like that and it drives me crazy.

Jaz007

Captain_Toad

I just called the people at the job and they told me to call back after lunch? I said "O.K when the best time?" They said "Umm ...After lunch?" (guy hangs up)

Why am I getting the feeling that this is going to end badly?

Mickey

mariobro4 wrote:

I just called the people at the job and they told me to call back after lunch? I said "O.K when the best time?" They said "Umm ...After lunch?" (guy hangs up)

Why am I getting the feeling that this is going to end badly?

That is the most Beavis & Butthead reply I have ever heard.

The Mousekeloggery

Captain_Toad

Now I think the place that I applied a job for may have lost my application. I'm going to have to double back for it........

Mickey

So, I was playing Trials: Evolution, I got stuck, and when my sister made a suggestion I said I WAS doing that. Then my Dad said it was how he got the record and I snapped at him and said something along the lines of
"I AM DOING THAT! YOU'RE TELLING ME TO DO THAT BUT I AM AND-" Then he told me to just settle down. It was quiet for what felt like an eternity. He told me it was good that I was standing up for myself when I apologized but I know what I did.

Extra: The Disappointment thread has more pages than The Positive thread. That's disappointing...

mariobro4 wrote:

Now I think the place that I applied a job for may have lost my application. I'm going to have to double back for it........

That sucks man. Hope you get that worked out.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Mickey

Don't you just hate it when your family only knows one side of you and they think you're the perfect little sibling/son when in reality you're DEFINITELY not perfect?

let me explain. My special week talk has come and gone and, unintentionally, it was very shaming. What I mean by that is, they were talking about what they liked about me and then they said I had GREAT self-control... anyone who's been following my recent posts in this thread should know EXACTLY why that is wrong. So naturally, my day is ruined because of that.

PS: Let me explain to those of you who DON'T celebrate "special weeks." Special weeks happen every week and, in youngest to oldest order, a new kiddo is chosen every week.

PSS: Does anyone else celebrate special weeks?

The Mousekeloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.