Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 4,151

Monntie

I shaved for the first time today. I was quite disappointed that the rubbing alcohol did not burn as much as possible.

~Omnibenevolence~

Socar

My Dad says that I should get a job here in India and at the same time get GRE so I can get a job abroad. Problem is my dad doesn't want me to do GRE alone because chances are that I wouldn't do very well in the exam.

So what's the problem in this? The passion to settle in USA and finally make games exclusively for Nintendo. What's the point of me getting a job only in India when I can't go and settle abroad eventually and make games in the end. Heck the jobs that I apply here don't have much of things related to game design so chances of me getting a job in game design is just low.

Sometimes I wish that if I was an American, I would've had a happier life even though America has its own flaws. Atleast I could have had the chance of making games exclusively for Nintendo. The worst part of all this? I'VE STILL YET TO GET A FREAKIN WII U!?!?!?!? I WISH THE PRICE CUT WOULD FINALLY BE MADE OR SOMETHING?!?!?!?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

SubBronze

I locked myself in my bathroom today after the lock just fell apart (shoddy contractors a few years ago), and I was stuck in there for three and a half hours... Good thing my mum came back to walk the dog at lunchtime otherwise it would have been almost seven before anyone else came home. I also missed an appointment during the day because of it, so that sucks.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

GuSolarFlare

this was actually yesterday, the rubber on my circlepad took the last hit....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Mickey

I actually have a few things.

First: I realize I've lost at least some friends because of this post. Despite what the "PS" part of it may have you believe, I'm really gonna miss those people, despite us disagreeing on this.

Second: I had a dream where an old friend of mine who I recently stopped talking-to (it's better for both of us) sent a ton of PMs to me on Backloggery. They were apologies, as I recall. I remember thinking "but I thought I put him in my ignore list!" but, to be honest, I'd really like it if it happened. I miss him, dearly but I know if I concede that "I was wrong" he'll only go back to being the same jerk that drove me away from him in the first place. That, and he's done some awful things (not just to me) and still hasn't given an honest-to-God apology about it. Just... ugh.

Third: The call to worship at Church was a drag. I mean, I've been told the point of the song was that, even through tough times, you need to trust in Jesus and all that stuff. To me, I thought it was about giving up and waiting for when you die and go to Heaven.

I mean, I was really hoping this song would help me through what I'm about to do (more on that on the fourth thing) and it always went like this: It seems like it's about to make a meaningful statement, but then cowers just before it gets the chance. One of the lines was "Friends may betray you and all... but that reminds us that this isn't our home" implying that everything will be fine once it's all over instead of working towards making things better with actions and all that. Just a really wishy-washy song...

Fourth: Remember that first one? About how I lost a lot of friends by coming-out? Well, I'm about to lose a lot more 'cause I'm gonna come out to everyone I know in real-life. Including all the Christian friends I've made over the past 15 or so years... and my family.

In short: I guess I'm going through that part of my life where a lot of people leave and give up on me. Thank GOD I still have some of you guys, my brother, and my boyfriend to help me through all this. I don't know what I'd do without all of you. >_<

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

sugarpixel

@Mickey I am totally here for you, don't you forget it! I will go with you hand-in-hand into whatever you choose to do. Don't you forget that!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Mickey wrote:

I actually have a few things.

First: I realize I've lost at least some friends because of this post. Despite what the "PS" part of it may have you believe, I'm really gonna miss those people, despite us disagreeing on this.

Fourth: Remember that first one? About how I lost a lot of friends by coming-out? Well, I'm about to lose a lot more 'cause I'm gonna come out to everyone I know in real-life. Including all the Christian friends I've made over the past 15 or so years... and my family.

In short: I guess I'm going through that part of my life where a lot of people leave and give up on me. Thank GOD I still have some of you guys, my brother, and my boyfriend to help me through all this. I don't know what I'd do without all of you. >_<

All I can say is if that is the reason they stop being your friend they never were real friends in the first place. When my friend came out and said he was gay nothing really changed because he was still the same as he had always been to me and my friends so I can't see how this is a friendship breaker for some people, we all have the right to decided how we live and as long as it isn't hurting anyone I see no reason for this not to be the case.
Anyway I wish you the best of luck @Mickey with whatever decision you choose to go with and hope your family and love ones are understanding.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Shirma_Akayaku

@Mickey Good Luck man! I came out to my mom about being bi and she didn't have a problem with it (though she was skeptical on how a person could like both genders).

Just remember, if people don't wanna be your friend after you come out, they might not really be a true friend, but over time, they can change their perception on how they view the world. Hopefully, if anyone leaves you, they could come back.

Anyways, I don't make the best sayings (like the one above), but I hope you keep on going with your life, despite what happens.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Mickey

@Gioku, @Jazzer94, and @Rosalina: Thank you so much, you guys. ^^ I really appreciate the kind words.

So my Mom had me take down the post. Okay, MAYBE it was a little reckless to put it on FaceBook for all the world to see, and maybe I could've handled the whole "telling people about it" thing a heck of a lot better (both here, and in real-life). I'm just not the best at... well, talking, despite what the mini-novels I've written on this very site may suggest.

Anyway: She did the same thing she did the last time I brought this up (except much more saying "you're confused" since last time she didn't know that I was one of them) and gave me the whole spiel about how homosexuality is wrong and sinful and all that. She also forced me to promise not to chat with anyone online... so that isn't very good.

My Dad reacted well, like last time. He said to make sure to keep track of who I am, and pretty much said it was A-OK with him. So yeah. He's awesome.

... There's still everyone else who potentially saw the post and have some things to say to me, but I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I have you guys here to help me get through it. ^^

The Mousekeloggery

sugarpixel

@mickey well, you obviously are not following that no-online-chat promise already, because... here you are that would break my heart if I couldn't talk to you any more... ...so yeah. Good on ya, and... me, and your boyfriend, and everyone else here with kind words are behind you 100%. ^-^ love ya, bro. Don't forget that, and you will get through this just fine.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

AlexSays

On the bright side most people age 20+ people don't talk to anyone they talked to when they were 15, so you're going to lose most of those people anyways

Very inspirational I know

AlexSays

Jaz007

@Mickey, regardless of how I feel about some of your personal decisions, I'll still be supportive of you. I also think that it's really not cool that someone would stop being for friend because of this. It's ironic when people do stuff like that.

Jaz007

Mickey

Again, thanks for all the kind words. I'm glad I don't have to go through this alone like some other less fortunate kids do...

Jaz007 wrote:

@Mickey, regardless of how I feel about some of your personal decisions, I'll still be supportive of you. I also think that it's really not cool that someone would stop being for friend because of this. It's ironic when people do stuff like that.

I was afraid that was the case. Still, I appreciate you not ditching me because of it. ^_^

The Mousekeloggery

Monntie

My previous home has become tainted. I wish for it to be wiped clean to start over. Blatant name calling and cursing so much that it has its own foul cloud of hate and resentment following every participant. I almost began to cry. What happened?

~Omnibenevolence~

RR529

Shifting through my 3DS web browser bookmarks, I came across all the 3D image sharing websites I bookmarked when I first got the machine...

out of all the 7 or 8 websites there, most either no longer exist or haven't been updated since sometime in 2011, which is disappointing, since it's something I was really hoping would grow.

Heck, even the ONE website that seems to still be going hasn't updated in 5 months, and only has 3D screenshots of 3DS games, which I can just see on the eShop or Miiverse anyway.

Needless to say, I had some cleaning up to do.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mickey

@turtlelink Actually, I just found out (this happened awhile ago) that his birthday was a day after mine and spontaneously declared us brothers. It's stuck since. ^_^

The Mousekeloggery

LyIa

@Mickey Hey, dude. I just read your post over, and I'd just like to say, congrats! It's very brave of you to come out like that, and I just want you to know that I respect and support your decision. Heck, three of my best friends are bi. Good luck, brother.

all men are kings 👑

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.