Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 4,151

Tasuki

Got a stomach bug yesterday so I spent the whole night puking and running to the toilet, Everytime I try to eat something it just comes back up. Hopefully this doesn't last too long.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

sugarpixel

@Tasuki I used to get that about once a year when I was younger... sometimes it'd be so bad that I couldn't even hold down water...! ...it's not fun at all. Hope you feel better.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Mickey

@Tasuki Yikes. Hope your stomach bug goes away soon, man!

Miss_Dark wrote:

@Mickey if you believe in dream interpretation that just sounds like you've dealt with a situation in which you felt like you couldn't do what you wanted to do, seeing someone die in your dream can also refer to your own fears of losing that person or losing someone in general

Well, both of those sound very familiar, so that could explain it. Thanks.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

sugarpixel

@Mickey yeah with dreams, your brain is basically trying to occupy itself in the absence of sensory input (all of your senses 'turn off' while you're asleep), and sometimes it pulls from memories or fears that you'd rather it not... but nothing to get too worried about.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Dang. So, several days ago now, I banged my hip into the corner of our freezer. And it really hurt. But I didn't think much of it. The day afterward, though, it was sore just when doing things as simple as walking. And now, about five days later, the spot is still sore if I happen to accidentally touch it! So now I'm like "whoa, I must have really done something to it!"

Tasuki

So my stomach bug is on the mend, I am able to keep some food down mainly soup and jello but hey that's a start. Disappointing part about it is that I called into work again today. I am able to keep things down mind you but I am still running to the bathroom every 20 mins or so, plus I have been exhausted from not really eating the last day and half. However when I tell my boss she scolds at me cause I was part of the opening crew (I did call yesterday to tell them that I wont be in and might not be in today but I talked to different manager). She then tells me that I better have a doctors note when I come back. Well first off I really dont have a doctor and second of all I had no way to even get myself down to the ER. When I tried to explain this she slammed the phone down. So I guess I better start looking for another job.

My Backlog

Ecto-1

Not sure if disappointment is the right word for this, but the passing of Harold Ramis made me genuinely sad in a way that most celebrities' deaths do not. Rest in peace, Mr. Ramis. Untitled

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Tasuki

@Kawaii_Neko: Thanks as I right this I do feel alot better. The only thing now is my stomach feels a bit bubble now I guess would be the best way to describe it. I am still taking it easy though on what foods I am eating.

@Gioku: I hope I dont either especially now that I am in the middle of getting a new place, this would seriously put a damper on things. I guess the best thing I can do is explain my situation to my boss when I go back on Thursday (tomorrow and Wednesday are my schedule days off) and if I do lose my job I guess I will just have to hit the pavement cause unfortunately there is nothing else that I could do.

@Ecto-1: Yeah I couldn't believe that either. It's always sad when someone passes. I am going to have to go on a Ghostbusters marathon soon. I love that pic too, it choked me up a bit.

My Backlog

Jaz007

@Tasuki Dang man, I hope you recover quickly and your boss understands. I really hope you keep your job. You'll be be in my prayers.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Pit-Stain

It's been two weeks and still no fruit in the fridge. I want an apple... I need some healthy vitamins to run through my body... I need to stay focused and awake... Just one piece of sweet, crunchy apple would be enough... Or make that two...

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

@Kawaii_Neko The actual problem is that I'm too lazy to get out of my seat and go buy me a fruit, despite that I'm actually an active person sometimes. Even if I got me an apple, it's almost impossible to eat it because of my new braces. Ouch, it hurts.

Edited on by Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

@Kawaii_Neko I'm a forgetful person, I always forget to tell them. I'll try to attach a lint on my finger to remember. I hope that helps.

Edited on by Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

KingDunsparce

Pit-Stain wrote:

@Kawaii_Neko I'm a forgettable person, I always forget to tell them. I'll try to attach a lint on my finger to remember. I hope that helps.

I think the word you're looking for here is forgetful. Anyways, I can't believe you've gone two full weeks without fruit, that must be terrible! I can hardly go a day without eating like 2-4 apples, sometimes up to like 6 , (not entirely sure how healthy that is, but...), I can't imagine having to wait that long! Goodness, I just realized how many apples I eat! D:

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

sugarpixel

...I must be a terrible person, there's tons of fruit in the house but I just eat potato chips. XD

Pit-Stain

@KingDunsparce Thanks for the correction. I used to eat a lot of apples everyday, until I got my new braces..... Ouch. ;_;

Pit-Stain

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.