General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Showing 2,961 to 2,980 of 3,647

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,961. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@CanisWolfred I don't see why you'd think Disney would go that route with the CG (especially since it's a post-Frozen Disney) other than 'Sony and FOX did it that way in their Live-Action/CG hybrid film'. Hate to say it, 'cause I do like to yell at Disney when they get things wrong, but I think you're being too cynical about this, man. :|

What are they gonna do, use puppets? They said Live-Action. It's not even a CG movie. That's gonna mean people alongside cartoon characters, and they're gonna need a miracle to not make that look weird.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,962. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

I realized I'm wasting my life doing nothing. After realizing that, I'm still doing nothing. :|
Plus, my butt is big, even though I'm skinny. :(

I know exactly how you feel. Minus the butt part. :/

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

2,963. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mickey wrote:

@CanisWolfred I don't see why you'd think Disney would go that route with the CG (especially since it's a post-Frozen Disney) other than 'Sony and FOX did it that way in their Live-Action/CG hybrid film'. Hate to say it, 'cause I do like to yell at Disney when they get things wrong, but I think you're being too cynical about this, man. :|

What are they gonna do, use puppets? They said Live-Action. It's not even a CG movie. That's gonna mean people alongside cartoon characters, and they're gonna need a miracle to not make that look weird.

Heh, heh we'll just have to just wait 'n see. wont we? ;)

Woah I can't believe that Chip n' dale is getting a movie.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Super_Gravy

2,964. Posted:

We didn't party today because people have to work tomorrow! :P

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,965. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mickey wrote:

I said I don't think they're gonna go that route with the CG (assuming we're both talking about the same 'Smurfs/Alvin' uncanny valley).

As for the 'people alongside cartoon characters' issue: It's been done before (not CG, but Disney's gotten good at CG so I'm sure it won't matter) and, since Disney has a history with miracles, I'm optimistic about how they'll handle it. :)

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

2,966. Posted:

tomorrow i'll know my grades gosh im so excited I won't get any sleep tonight

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,967. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mickey wrote:

I said I don't think they're gonna go that route with the CG (assuming we're both talking about the same 'Smurfs/Alvin' uncanny valley).

As for the 'people alongside cartoon characters' issue: It's been done before (not CG, but Disney's gotten good at CG so I'm sure it won't matter) and, since Disney has a history with miracles, I'm optimistic about how they'll handle it. :)

IMO, Real people alongside CG is uncanny by default. It's hard enough seeing it in movies like Transfirmers, but at least those are trying to look realistic (even though it still looks fake). When they try to make them look cartoonish, the real people just exemplify how fake they look and it just winds up being disturbing. It works with 2D characters because they're such a polar opposite, but CG is stuck in a sort of limbo between Cartoon and reality, and as such can never work alongside real people.

Really, mixed formats in general look weird and there's absolutely no need to do them. Once the novelty where's off, it just ends up looking worse than it could've been.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,968. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mickey wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mickey wrote:

IMO, Real people alongside CG is uncanny by default. It's hard enough seeing it in movies like Transfirmers, but at least those are trying to look realistic (even though it still looks fake). When they try to make them look cartoonish, the real people just exemplify how fake they look and it just winds up being disturbing. It works with 2D characters because they're such a polar opposite, but CG is stuck in a sort of limbo between Cartoon and reality, and as such can never work alongside real people.

Really, mixed formats in general look weird and there's absolutely no need to do them. Once the novelty where's off, it just ends up looking worse than it could've been.

I stand by my previous post [if anyone can make it look good, it's Disney], but you make a very good point. Like @Captain_Toad said, though, we'll just have to wait and see. EDIT: But I understand now if you're still skeptical.

But seriously, guys: A CHIP N' DALE MOVIE. I know this is after TPM and other revivals that ruined your childhood, but, no matter how many times I remind myself of that, I can't stop being excited for this!!! :D

@Miss_Dark Good luck sleeping! XD

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

AuthorMessage

Austroid

2,969. Posted:

Got sick.

My sister caught something from a baby at our church's nursery, and now its spreading around the house. Got a headache, sore throat, runny nose; its as fun as it sounds.

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
Currently Playing: Sonic Riders (nostalgia overload!)

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

2,970. Posted:

I'll get my grades in 40 min I woke up 2 hours ago......

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Mitsuko_Chan

2,971. Posted:

I have to clean 20 NES games tonight. Now i'll never get some sleep.

あなたは素晴らしいです。あなたと誰混乱させてはいけない。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

2,972. Posted:

Disappointment of the day was realizing I'm working hard to earn a degree in something that I only think is realistic, where as the thing I'd love to be studying is almost impossible to find a living in. Hobbies exist for a reason I guess!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,973. Posted:

Judging by the late updates and constant server blackouts as of late, something seems to really be going wrong with the [fan-project] I've been following. :( Hope it gets resolved.

PS: I'm withholding the name of the fan-project because I'm not entirely sure it's OK to mention this sort of fan-project by name. I've contacted NL about this and haven't recieved an answer yet, so I'm stuck being vague.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

2,974. Posted:

Just got a call from my school that I have to make up school on 3 Saturdays in April, February, and March. Why can't school just die already? :/

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Super_Gravy

2,975. Posted:

@Dark-Luigi: I never heard of making up classes on the weekend but I heard of rushing or skipping classes due to professors haven't been hired or professors didn't come to class for an month… -_-

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

2,976. Posted:

@Super_Gravy Yeah, I personally wished that school never existed. -_-

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Super_Gravy

2,977. Posted:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Yea some teachers and professors are just… unprofessional. One professor made an elective class and textbooks are required. Guess who the author for that textbook? Yep it is that professor himself. The worst part is that the exam have questions that only be answered from the textbook which make classes seem pointless.

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

2,978. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Yea some teachers and professors are just… unprofessional. One professor made an elective class and textbooks are required. Guess who the author for that textbook? Yep it is that professor himself. The worst part is that the exam have questions that only be answered from the textbook which make classes seem pointless.

lol, that's pretty common practice actually. At my uni some professors will set their books as required even when they're totally not required for the course. It's an easy way to accidentally waste a few hundred dollars :p

Anyway my disappointment is that my timetable for this semester comes out on the 17th. That's literally a week before semester starts. Other uni's have gotten theirs as early as December. It's been impossible to plan work shifts, transport and other stuff too. It'll be lame if I find out I can't even go to the stuff I applied for just because my uni timetable clashes with it.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

2,979. Posted:

Well, our dog of 15 years passed away tonight...

He was doing fine this morning, but sometime during the afternoon he was laying on his side & seemingly lost all strength in his legs because he couldn't stand up (even when we tried to physically stand him up). We gave him a bath to try & perk him up, and after we dried him off we lied him down with a blanket so he could rest, but he never got back up, and a couple hours ago he stopped breathing.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,980. Posted:

@RR529 Aw man, that tough. :( Having delt with the loss of a dog twice before, I'm all too familiar with the emotions you must be going through.

At least he passed away peacefully.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64