Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 4,254

GuSolarFlare

@DreamyViridi that's great! good thing nothing too serious happened!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jaz007

@Tasuki Dang man, I really hope you feel better soon and find that someone. And since I read your previous posts, it makes perfect since as to why that would part about your ex bother you. You'll be in my prayers.

Edited on by Jaz007

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

BinaryFragger

@Tasuki

This will probably sound really cliché, but you'll find someone when you least expect it. I used to drive myself crazy trying to find a girlfriend, which was hard because I'm shy, I game a lot and I don't know a lot of people (I live about 800km from my hometown and making new friends is hard for me). Then I found someone when I stopped looking.
So don't despair, if a geek like me can find someone, anyone can.
In the meantime, just have fun playing all the great games that recently came out or are coming out soon.

BinaryFragger

Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

OptometristLime

@Tasuki they say the first step in solving a problem, is being able to formulate what's really bothering you, in this case.
Not to claim any superior knowledge in these matters, but I do think you articulated very well. So maybe the answer is close.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

sugarpixel

Yeah, it's a very good thing if you can pin down your own problems, @Tasuki; I speak from experience. Once you can know/accept your own problems, it's so much easier to do something about it. I've got plenty of mental issues of my own (not depression, though), and only recently have I been able to figure out for myself what's actually going on in my own head. I didn't even understand my own thought process! ...but I'm getting better now, now that I know what's going on.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

ok mine's a small disappointment:
my freaking smartphone's alarm didn't work and I lost the best day of the week to go to college(all classes are about programming)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Tasuki

Just wanted to say thank you for all the responses, thoughts advice etc. It really meant alot to me. Just a small update today I do feel alot better but it comes and goes some days are better then others. I guess for now I should just concentrate on what I need to do now and as some of you said it will come to me someday. Thanks again guys.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MuchoMochi

Tasuki wrote:

Well depression for me is starting to rear it's ugly head. It's pretty bad this time cause all I want to do is stay in bed and drink. thankfully I haven't done that but that's all I feel like doing. Right not I am not even finding video games enjoyable. It's kinda weird though cause things are going ok in my life right now for the most part I am getting back a pretty good size tax return and I will be moving to a new place in a few weeks. Things are going really good with my son so there is no problem there. About the only problem I have lately that I have been dwelling on is the fact that I am single. I mean other then my son, my ex and my co workers who I see at work I really don't have to many people to hang out with. I have tried to hang out with co workers after work but due to my position the company I work for forbids it but that's not the bad part its finding the time when they are not busy and I have a free time. It seems that when they have free time I am at work and vice versa. But the big thing that has depressed me of late if finding that special someone especially when my ex is so happy right now with the guy she's seeing. Don't get me wrong its not the fact that she's with another guy isn't what bothers me it's that she has someone if that makes sense. She's suggested that I should start dating again but honestly I don't even know where to start lol. Other then co-workers I dont really see other people around my age. Then there is the fear that I will just bore a girl my age to tears since I am a huge gamer. Mind you I do have my priorities straight so I dont go spending rent money on the latest Mario game which is a good thing, its just that I just don't know many girls around my age that share the same passion for gaming that I do and then that just makes me more depressed.

Sorry for the ramblings and honestly not sure why I said all this but I do feel a bit better to get this off of my chest. Hopefully I can get through this without any problems.

Hey man it's not easy meeting new people, especially new people to date. I moved away with my girlfriend to go to college in a new town and I haven't made any great friends since I've been here, which is about 2 years. Reaching out is hard but all I can say is don't be afraid to be who you are or scare away potential friends and love interests. It doesn't matter if they don't share the same interests as you, if two people are compatible with one another you'll accept your differences and try to share interests. My girlfriend is by no means a gamer but she watches the directs with me, plays Super Mario 3D World, Wii U Party, Rayman Legends, and other games with me. I don't play sports but I'm at every soccer game her team plays, as she is on a college team. Before you reach out and date someone you have to find happiness with what you have. You have a son, you can focus on being a great father, and as far as finding new dates I would make it known that your single and ready to mingle. Ask your friends and possibly your co-workers as appropriately as possible that you are looking to meet someone. Join a new gym, go to a new coffee shop around town, and just strike up a conversation with someone who strikes your fancy. It's tough but if your confident and happy with who you are women will see that. Wake up everyday with a smile on your face and think about how lucky you are! That's what helps me when I have a depressing feeling.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm always looking to help someone else in a bad place. On the upside we got a direct coming up soon! If video games aren't that enjoyable take a little break or play a real nostalgic game from your childhood. Sometimes I'll buy some candy and pizza, and throw on the N64 for some Banjo and Kazooie. Keep your chin up and game on!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Super_Gravy

MuchoMochi wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well depression for me is starting to rear it's ugly head. It's pretty bad this time cause all I want to do is stay in bed and drink. thankfully I haven't done that but that's all I feel like doing. Right not I am not even finding video games enjoyable. It's kinda weird though cause things are going ok in my life right now for the most part I am getting back a pretty good size tax return and I will be moving to a new place in a few weeks. Things are going really good with my son so there is no problem there. About the only problem I have lately that I have been dwelling on is the fact that I am single. I mean other then my son, my ex and my co workers who I see at work I really don't have to many people to hang out with. I have tried to hang out with co workers after work but due to my position the company I work for forbids it but that's not the bad part its finding the time when they are not busy and I have a free time. It seems that when they have free time I am at work and vice versa. But the big thing that has depressed me of late if finding that special someone especially when my ex is so happy right now with the guy she's seeing. Don't get me wrong its not the fact that she's with another guy isn't what bothers me it's that she has someone if that makes sense. She's suggested that I should start dating again but honestly I don't even know where to start lol. Other then co-workers I dont really see other people around my age. Then there is the fear that I will just bore a girl my age to tears since I am a huge gamer. Mind you I do have my priorities straight so I dont go spending rent money on the latest Mario game which is a good thing, its just that I just don't know many girls around my age that share the same passion for gaming that I do and then that just makes me more depressed.

Sorry for the ramblings and honestly not sure why I said all this but I do feel a bit better to get this off of my chest. Hopefully I can get through this without any problems.

Hey man it's not easy meeting new people, especially new people to date. I moved away with my girlfriend to go to college in a new town and I haven't made any great friends since I've been here, which is about 2 years. Reaching out is hard but all I can say is don't be afraid to be who you are or scare away potential friends and love interests. It doesn't matter if they don't share the same interests as you, if two people are compatible with one another you'll accept your differences and try to share interests. My girlfriend is by no means a gamer but she watches the directs with me, plays Super Mario 3D World, Wii U Party, Rayman Legends, and other games with me. I don't play sports but I'm at every soccer game her team plays, as she is on a college team. Before you reach out and date someone you have to find happiness with what you have. You have a son, you can focus on being a great father, and as far as finding new dates I would make it known that your single and ready to mingle. Ask your friends and possibly your co-workers as appropriately as possible that you are looking to meet someone. Join a new gym, go to a new coffee shop around town, and just strike up a conversation with someone who strikes your fancy. It's tough but if your confident and happy with who you are women will see that. Wake up everyday with a smile on your face and think about how lucky you are! That's what helps me when I have a depressing feeling.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm always looking to help someone else in a bad place. On the upside we got a direct coming up soon! If video games aren't that enjoyable take a little break or play a real nostalgic game from your childhood. Sometimes I'll buy some candy and pizza, and throw on the N64 for some Banjo and Kazooie. Keep your chin up and game on!

Probably the best advice you can give to everybody here.

Let's me add to MuchoMochi's point. I'm in engineering and it is hard to find love interest unless you are into sausage. So my solution is to join volunteer, clubs, or even sports. I got better chance hanging out with women in karate than all of my classes. My point is, you don't need to find love interest and just chill out and hang out with the people you have. I been looking for anime club in my area but I decide to make one and I got a lot of friends through this way. So try making an club or something.

Edited on by Super_Gravy

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

Pit-Stain

I was rummaging through my room like crazy searching for my Pokémon Y. I found it, but then it appeared it's my sister's! I got really frustrated. I checked in my pockets then I found it! My Pokémon Y! I promised myself to look inside my pockets first before searching for something.

Pit-Stain

Dark-Luigi

Today at lunch we had a fight at our school. And right near my lunch table too. When the two boys kept throwing punches, one accidently hit me in the eye. It's seriously hurts like god knows what, I can't wait for school to end already.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

GuSolarFlare

wow @Dark-Luigi......
reminds me of one time I tried to stop a fight in the school......... they stopped just like I asked..... and tried to punch me instead of fighting each other....
I almost got seriously hurt. but became the hero of the school for a day, until they started threatening to gang up on me if I stopped another fight.....

my Backloggery

mamp

So yesterday was the first time I ever had a patient die on me. It was sad but hopefully it'll be a better learning experience for when I become a real nurse.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Mickey

Today... Something awful happened.

Nintendo said that GBA games were coming to the Wii U VC.

At first, I didn't know what to think, what to do... and just how I'd go on with my life after such a shock. I went through a bit of denial ("They couldn't be releasing GBA games to the Wii U! That'd be like releasing an add-on for the GC that would allow players to play GBA games on the GC!") but I eventually faced the unfortunate reality of the situation... and realized that they did release an add-on for the GC like that.

I'll never get hyped-up for a ND ever again. Not after this... not after finding out that they'd be releasing GBA games to the Wii U VC...

On the bright side, though: At least they're not releasing DS games to the Wii U VC!

... Right?

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

sugarpixel

@Mickey ...what's so bad about this? ...I'm a bit disappointed I can't get them on my 3DS, yes, but at least they're somewhere.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Mickey

@Gioku You just don't get it, do you! They're being released on THE WII U! The system I've now decided is the worst system to release these games on! I want these games on the 3DS [exclusively], and I want them on it NOOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I was joking the whole time. I'll be sure to slip in a '' and '' next time.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

@Mickey Maybe they're going to release it for both the 3DS and Wii U, but for some odd reason, are releasing it on the Wii U first.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Ristar the Shooting Star!

Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

S...

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic