Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 4,151

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

OK, but just, um... don't start getting ideas, OK @SheldonRandoms?

lol I've just noticed I might have started something troublesome!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

DreamyViridi

...My brother has been hospitalised for the night. After unfortunately ending up on the receiving end of a car accident, he suffered severe whiplash and has slight blood pressure issues. I believe he'll pull through no problem, he's strong-willed; though I'm still a bit concerned.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

GuSolarFlare

@DreamyViridi man that's terrible! hope you brother gets better soon and heals completely.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Snagrio

@DreamyViridi Yikes! I pray for a swift recovery for him then.

Now then, I'm off to destroy the vehicle that brought your brother to harm.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

sugarpixel

WingedSnagret wrote:

Now then, I'm off to destroy the vehicle that brought your brother to harm.

Way ahead of you!
Untitled
That car will never hit anyone ever again!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KingDunsparce

I finally beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Halfway through the ending (post-final boss), my GameCube froze without saving that I beat it. I'm in shock right now... at least I beat it though.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Tasuki

Well depression for me is starting to rear it's ugly head. It's pretty bad this time cause all I want to do is stay in bed and drink. thankfully I haven't done that but that's all I feel like doing. Right not I am not even finding video games enjoyable. It's kinda weird though cause things are going ok in my life right now for the most part I am getting back a pretty good size tax return and I will be moving to a new place in a few weeks. Things are going really good with my son so there is no problem there. About the only problem I have lately that I have been dwelling on is the fact that I am single. I mean other then my son, my ex and my co workers who I see at work I really don't have to many people to hang out with. I have tried to hang out with co workers after work but due to my position the company I work for forbids it but that's not the bad part its finding the time when they are not busy and I have a free time. It seems that when they have free time I am at work and vice versa. But the big thing that has depressed me of late if finding that special someone especially when my ex is so happy right now with the guy she's seeing. Don't get me wrong its not the fact that she's with another guy isn't what bothers me it's that she has someone if that makes sense. She's suggested that I should start dating again but honestly I don't even know where to start lol. Other then co-workers I dont really see other people around my age. Then there is the fear that I will just bore a girl my age to tears since I am a huge gamer. Mind you I do have my priorities straight so I dont go spending rent money on the latest Mario game which is a good thing, its just that I just don't know many girls around my age that share the same passion for gaming that I do and then that just makes me more depressed.

Sorry for the ramblings and honestly not sure why I said all this but I do feel a bit better to get this off of my chest. Hopefully I can get through this without any problems.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DreamyViridi

@Tasuki - It's OK. Sometimes, a good ranting is what's best to lets the stress out. A friend of mine does it with me 'listening' on occasion.

On a slightly more positive note, thanks to everyone here who gave their regards to my bro. He was is hospital for just the one night and is back at work again, as if the whole accident never happened! ^^
What's more, his car was insured, so he's getting a new one as a replacement.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

GuSolarFlare

@DreamyViridi that's great! good thing nothing too serious happened!

my Backloggery

Jaz007

@Tasuki Dang man, I really hope you feel better soon and find that someone. And since I read your previous posts, it makes perfect since as to why that would part about your ex bother you. You'll be in my prayers.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

OptometristLime

@Tasuki they say the first step in solving a problem, is being able to formulate what's really bothering you, in this case.
Not to claim any superior knowledge in these matters, but I do think you articulated very well. So maybe the answer is close.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

sugarpixel

Yeah, it's a very good thing if you can pin down your own problems, @Tasuki; I speak from experience. Once you can know/accept your own problems, it's so much easier to do something about it. I've got plenty of mental issues of my own (not depression, though), and only recently have I been able to figure out for myself what's actually going on in my own head. I didn't even understand my own thought process! ...but I'm getting better now, now that I know what's going on.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

ok mine's a small disappointment:
my freaking smartphone's alarm didn't work and I lost the best day of the week to go to college(all classes are about programming)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Tasuki

Just wanted to say thank you for all the responses, thoughts advice etc. It really meant alot to me. Just a small update today I do feel alot better but it comes and goes some days are better then others. I guess for now I should just concentrate on what I need to do now and as some of you said it will come to me someday. Thanks again guys.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MuchoMochi

Tasuki wrote:

Well depression for me is starting to rear it's ugly head. It's pretty bad this time cause all I want to do is stay in bed and drink. thankfully I haven't done that but that's all I feel like doing. Right not I am not even finding video games enjoyable. It's kinda weird though cause things are going ok in my life right now for the most part I am getting back a pretty good size tax return and I will be moving to a new place in a few weeks. Things are going really good with my son so there is no problem there. About the only problem I have lately that I have been dwelling on is the fact that I am single. I mean other then my son, my ex and my co workers who I see at work I really don't have to many people to hang out with. I have tried to hang out with co workers after work but due to my position the company I work for forbids it but that's not the bad part its finding the time when they are not busy and I have a free time. It seems that when they have free time I am at work and vice versa. But the big thing that has depressed me of late if finding that special someone especially when my ex is so happy right now with the guy she's seeing. Don't get me wrong its not the fact that she's with another guy isn't what bothers me it's that she has someone if that makes sense. She's suggested that I should start dating again but honestly I don't even know where to start lol. Other then co-workers I dont really see other people around my age. Then there is the fear that I will just bore a girl my age to tears since I am a huge gamer. Mind you I do have my priorities straight so I dont go spending rent money on the latest Mario game which is a good thing, its just that I just don't know many girls around my age that share the same passion for gaming that I do and then that just makes me more depressed.

Sorry for the ramblings and honestly not sure why I said all this but I do feel a bit better to get this off of my chest. Hopefully I can get through this without any problems.

Hey man it's not easy meeting new people, especially new people to date. I moved away with my girlfriend to go to college in a new town and I haven't made any great friends since I've been here, which is about 2 years. Reaching out is hard but all I can say is don't be afraid to be who you are or scare away potential friends and love interests. It doesn't matter if they don't share the same interests as you, if two people are compatible with one another you'll accept your differences and try to share interests. My girlfriend is by no means a gamer but she watches the directs with me, plays Super Mario 3D World, Wii U Party, Rayman Legends, and other games with me. I don't play sports but I'm at every soccer game her team plays, as she is on a college team. Before you reach out and date someone you have to find happiness with what you have. You have a son, you can focus on being a great father, and as far as finding new dates I would make it known that your single and ready to mingle. Ask your friends and possibly your co-workers as appropriately as possible that you are looking to meet someone. Join a new gym, go to a new coffee shop around town, and just strike up a conversation with someone who strikes your fancy. It's tough but if your confident and happy with who you are women will see that. Wake up everyday with a smile on your face and think about how lucky you are! That's what helps me when I have a depressing feeling.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm always looking to help someone else in a bad place. On the upside we got a direct coming up soon! If video games aren't that enjoyable take a little break or play a real nostalgic game from your childhood. Sometimes I'll buy some candy and pizza, and throw on the N64 for some Banjo and Kazooie. Keep your chin up and game on!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.