Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 4,151

CanisWolfred

I would much rather get something I don't want than nothing. Even if it's something I don't want, at least I'll know the person was thinking of me...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

edhe

I spent today working - by it's nature, hotel work is busy on holidays like Christmas, and Christmas is a good day to work - in regards to tips and time and a half. In theory, anyway.

I've worked three Christmases at my current job now, and not once have I received time and a half. Even worse, our tips were not forthcoming. They've been pocketed, apparently. It's too early to say for sure, but considering how I got my tips on Christmas day last year, it's probably a safe bet that we won't be seeing them this year. A kind colleague shared his tip (that he had kept hold of) between the four of us which amounted to £3 each. I'll keep a close eye on my wage to see if I get that Christmas bonus, but suffice it to say, this will be my last Christmas working there.

It's not just how we never get our tips (the last time I got tips was last Christmas - a rather nice £40) or time and a half (something that isn't required by law anyway), it's not even because today was a fiasco, but more to do with how I'm not getting enough hours all year round (I won't be working much through January and maybe February).

But I received some nice gifts this Christmas that I'm only getting around to trying out. I got an Anker 8000 DPI mouse and a pair of Plantronics Gamecom 780 headphones. It wasn't that I was looking for high end gaming equipment, neccesarily. It's just I needed a precise mouse for art and a good pair of headphones that play through both ears. I talked about it with my mum and my brother and sister, and they were nice and cheap for what they were worth, which was very nice.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

sugarpixel

I'm disappointed so many people are disappointed on Christmas! D:
...my Christmas has been so fun...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

AlexSays

Actually if I got a Nintendo sweater I'd be pretty sad too. lol

AlexSays

KillerGBH

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

All i got for Christmas was $20, a Nintendo sweater, and The Real Ghostbusters DVD set. Worst Christmas ever.

well at least u got something , many people got nothing like me but im still happy . Happy christmas everyone ! ^^

FC: 1693-1364-2468 Electric type ( Dedenne , Electabuzz , Zebstrika )

edhe

AlexSays wrote:

Untitled

I searched google for "Nintendo sweater" and this is what I found.

You are clearly lying.

Just look at that unbridled joy.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh boy did I learn the hard way to not run as fast as I can when the air is below freezing. OW MY LUNGS!

I am still in pain and coughing from Yesterday. Hope I didn't catch pneumonia or something...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

edhe wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Untitled

I searched google for "Nintendo sweater" and this is what I found.

You are clearly lying.

Just look at that unbridled joy.

Lol yeah if someone gave me that we'd have problems.

AlexSays

GamecubeMan

IAmNotWill wrote:

This thread makes me cringe sometimes. #FirstWorldProblems

The fact that this thread makes you "cringe" is a first world problem. u_u

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

KittenKoder

Two things have disappointed me the last couple days, game related but not up for debate:

1. Mega Kangas DCing in rating battles when I KO their mega Kangas.
2. Smogonites DCing because they think their rules should be enforced in rating battles.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Nathan_Wv10

My disappointment of the day is that I still can't download the system update on my Wii U

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

Tasuki

Well I got something for Christmas that I wish I could return. A freakin cold. To make matters worst I had to be at work at 6 AM today. so I couldn't take any cold medicine last night so today has been miserable. At least tomorrow I dont have to be at work till 3PM so I can get some much needed rest.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jaz007

@Tasuki Ooh, that doesn't sound fun. I hope you fell better after you get some rest.

Jaz007

Shirma_Akayaku

Although Christmas has past, I didn't celebrate it. I think my family won't celebrate Christmas anymore. Oh well.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Bunnysbungee

Miss_Dark wrote:

I bought a 3DS xl but became ill because of it. It's the 3D effect apparently. I hope it'll stay away if I turn the 3d effect completely off.

Then maybe you could trade un the 3ds for a 2ds

-Nicole

JoyBoy

Miss_Dark wrote:

Bunnysbungee wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I bought a 3DS xl but became ill because of it. It's the 3D effect apparently. I hope it'll stay away if I turn the 3d effect completely off.

Then maybe you could trade un the 3ds for a 2ds

I've been thinking bout that but I wanted the 3ds xl because of the screen (doesn't the 2ds have a smaller screen?). And isn't a game on the 2ds the same as a game on the 3ds with the 3d effect turned off? Or is there still a difference?

The same reason I bought the XL, the screen is bigger, I don't get affected by the 3d though. And yes, the game is the same, whether on 2ds or 3ds.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

sugarpixel

@Miss_Dark: I was going to suggest that you start off with the 3D on low power, (that's what I did at first, and now I can play all 3DS games on full 3D all the time with no issue) but I never felt ill from the 3D... my eyes maybe hurt a bit at first before I had gotten used to focusing on it... it sounds like, unfortunately, you're one of the unlucky few for whom the 3D simply doesn't work...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.