Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 4,151

Einherjar

@CanisWolfred So, why dont we all contact Nintendo to can that whole thing, because Miiverse is just the PN function without the whole community thing. Why do they even bother keeping up all these communitys ? I really cant understand the problem here, sorry.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

CanisWolfred

Einherjar wrote:

@CanisWolfred So, why dont we all contact Nintendo to can that whole thing, because Miiverse is just the PN function without the whole community thing. Why do they even bother keeping up all these communitys ? I really cant understand the problem here, sorry.

The real problem is that no one gives two $#!+s about Miiverse. All we want are the simple community functions that have been around in gaming since 2004. The Vita has them, even the freakin' iPhone has them in Gamecenter. All Nintendo needs to do is get off their butts and set them up. But for reasons that make no freakin' sense, Nintendo refuses to do just that. They were much closer to that in the Wii U Miiverse, yet they port over Miiverse minus those essential functions. It's infuriating, and there's nothing we can do about except shout and scream, because Nintendo's obviously not listening to reason.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Snagrio

While I will agree that there has been too much whining going on as of late, I have to agree with @CanisWolfred. It's 2013 and Nintendo is still so far behind when it comes to online functions (no unification with accounts, region locking, ect.). And even when it seemed like they finally started taking a step in the right direction some stupid catch had to be added for no logical reason. Needless to say, it's hard not to be frustrated at the big N's mishaps recently.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

GuSolarFlare

to me the Miiverse seems to be all about drawing and screenshots, but since I don't have a WiiU I don't know what the Miiverse experence feels like...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Einherjar

@CanisWolfred Well, to be honest, i at least give " $#!+ " about the Miiverse communitys and have no problem with enjoying games without an elaborate friendlist and PM system. And thats what im here for: to play games. I never had problems playing games online with friends on the 3DS even without Miiverse, why should that change anything ? My point is: It worked perfectly without it, why is it such a problem with a little more ? It may not be the full fledged Miiverse integration the WiiU has, but it is something, there is no point in crying about something, that worked beforehand.
And all this talk about "its 20XX, everyone has that". The Vita and the iPhone may have these socal features, but they didnt help making these things more popular than the 3DS or in the case of the iPhone, make it into a real gaming device.
Sure, such features can enhance the experience if your into that sorta thing, but for me at least, they are in no way a make or break factor. I love the Miiverse because its something different. Just because everything has a certain something doesnt mean that it should be treated as "the golden standard" of everything to come. Im definitly aware that i could well be just a case of personal taste and preferences, but i can and will continue to enjoy games with or without these features, and the Miiverse communitys are a good bonus on the sideline.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

Captain_Toad

My coughing isnt going away!

@Giouku I've tried seeing the spoilers on my 3ds and it worked. Probably need to give it another try.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CanisWolfred

Einherjar wrote:

@CanisWolfred Well, to be honest, i at least give " $#!+ " about the Miiverse communitys and have no problem with enjoying games without an elaborate friendlist and PM system. And thats what im here for: to play games. I never had problems playing games online with friends on the 3DS even without Miiverse, why should that change anything ? My point is: It worked perfectly without it, why is it such a problem with a little more ? It may not be the full fledged Miiverse integration the WiiU has, but it is something, there is no point in crying about something, that worked beforehand.
And all this talk about "its 20XX, everyone has that". The Vita and the iPhone may have these socal features, but they didnt help making these things more popular than the 3DS or in the case of the iPhone, make it into a real gaming device.
Sure, such features can enhance the experience if your into that sorta thing, but for me at least, they are in no way a make or break factor. I love the Miiverse because its something different. Just because everything has a certain something doesnt mean that it should be treated as "the golden standard" of everything to come. Im definitly aware that i could well be just a case of personal taste and preferences, but i can and will continue to enjoy games with or without these features, and the Miiverse communitys are a good bonus on the sideline.

Good for you. Me, and many other people, would prefer to play with these features, as we find it makes it easier for us to play said games. So don't you go around telling us that we shouldn't be complaining just because YOU don't think it's a problem for YOU. If you really find it so annoying, just go back to playing your games and ignore us.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sugarpixel

@mariobro4: Really? Huh. I'll have to try it again! When I cliicked on them earlier, it just changes color, but doesn't open...
I'll just put one here as a test:

This is just a test to see if I can open it on my 3DS

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

CanisWolfred wrote:

Einherjar wrote:

Good for ****ing you. Me, and many other people, would prefer to play with these features, as we find it makes it easier for us to play said games. So don't you go around telling us that we shouldn't be complaining just because YOU don't think it's a problem for YOU. If you really find it so annoying, just go back to playing your games and ignore us.

Heh, different ^(#%^#* strokes for different %!(@)%[ folks.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AlexSays

CanisWolfred wrote:

The real problem is that no one gives two $#!+s about Miiverse. All we want are the simple community functions that have been around in gaming since 2004.

Amen to this

Especially the first part. lol

AlexSays

Kalmaro

Alright guys let's calm down. Instead of focusing on what Nintendo didn't give us let's look at what they did.

What we have as an attempt to make the 3DS a more social device from what I'm seeing and it looks like a decent attempt all things considered.

So yes, we don't have full social features yet but let's ask ourselves, does that really make a difference?

Are we going to play it less now that we know that it won't have the same features as the WiiU?

Not only that, who's to say that the features wont be added later? We should be glad with what we got. I'm not saying we should settle for less that what we want be we shouldn't just spit on the things we have now. Nintendo can always improve and i think it's fair to say that they largely know what they are doing as it would take a blind person born yesterday to think that they lack any vision.

So long story short, just give them time and be happy with what you have.

Kalmaro

Big_Boy_Chubs

Today I was walking home from school. I was walking down a gravel/dirt/unstable hill when the ground beneath my feet shifted; i then preceded to fall. When I finally hit the ground, I landed in a big pile of freshly cut prickly branches. luckily I only got a few scrapes.

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

CanisWolfred

Kalmaro wrote:

Are we going to play it less now that we know that it won't have the same features as the WiiU?

If there were more games on the Wii U and Vita, I can assure you my 3DS would still be gathering dust like it did in 2011 and 2012.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kalmaro

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kalmaro wrote:

If there were more games on the Wii U and Vita, I can assure you my 3DS would still be gathering dust like it did in 2011 and 2012.

Games sell systems, not features

Kalmaro

Magikarp3

It would be much easier to be happy with what I had if they weren't taking away the ability to hop regions. Now I'm stuck with the badly priced Australian eShop which misses releases all the time :/

I have no idea what Miiverse is like but from what I gather off the internet it's just a bunch of people wanting X character to be in Smash Bros.

So yeah, it doesn't actually change how I play with the 3DS much. But still, it's a disappointment.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Kalmaro

Mii verse is actually very nice, the community is pretty good and helpful. I'm a bit sore about the lack of features on the 3Ds but I'm also pretty excited about what we are getting as well

Kalmaro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.