General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Showing 2,421 to 2,440 of 3,613

AuthorMessage

Gso

2,421. Posted:

Finding out that the only Wii U Virtual Console download this week is Wario's Woods. :(

Edit: Yeah the new Youtube comment system sucks and too bad about Blockbuster.

Edited on by Gso

Gso

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,422. Posted:

the WiiU is officially released in Brazil now... the price? R$1.899,90(in dollars $822.80) and that's the Mario and Luigi bundle..... man, I need to leave this country...... just for the sake of gaming.....

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

2,423. Posted:

My teach said that if I don't pass math, I fail the whole grade. I thought he was bluffing at first be he sounded serious, and my grade so far is a E...Feh, I don't even care anymore.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,424. Posted:

@UnknownNico Ugh, that had to be rough. I hope you have better luck next time...

@ShadowFox254 I hope your visit with the doctor goes well!

@WingedSnagret They know we have nowhere else to go to for entertainment so they can do whatever they want. It sucks. :(

@Tasuki Really? Huh. That sucks. I discovered Star Wars Battlefront thanks to Blockbuster...

@GustavoSF Aw, man! I hope you get your hands on a Wii U sooner than later...

@Dark-Luigi Not caring never got anyone anywhere. I'll be praying for you and your grades.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

2,425. Posted:

@DarkLuigi
E? I thought letter grades were only d and f?

Don't give up son. You can always ask for help whenever you have trouble like your teachers/parents/friends.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

2,426. Posted:

Don't give up @Dark-Luigi. You're at an age where a letter can determine your future and hang your life in the balance! The sooner you're done with it all, the better. It'll pay off in the end. You can do it!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Austroid

2,427. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

The new comment format on YouTube. It freaking sucks!

Also, that "new deleted scene" featuring the death of a certain Gungan that's become insanely popular.

People today are such children...

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
"There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike." -George Lucas

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,428. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

People today are such children...

Similar to the writers and target audience of a certain Gungan.

The Mousekeloggery

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

AuthorMessage

Austroid

2,429. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

I don't know about putting actual children in the same boat, they deserve more credit than that. I believe they're smarter than the blood-thirtsty psychos that are so-called "adults."

The writers did fairly well with balancing his comedic acts and his general seriousness in TCW. With Eps. II and III he was a serious, good-hearted, if a bit naive guy. Everyone acts like he would grab the camera, shake it around, and scream annoyingly into it for two hours. [Heavy sigh]

Its a never-ending argument, it would seem...

"There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike." -George Lucas

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

2,430. Posted:

Google, we simply do not care about Google+. At all. Please stop forcing us to use it just you can show your shareholders the number of G+ accounts there are, even though the number of them that actually use the website is less than 1% of the account numbers.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,431. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

Mickey wrote:

I don't know about putting actual children in the same boat, they deserve more credit than that. I believe they're smarter than the blood-thirtsty psychos that are so-called "adults."

I wasn't putting children on the same boat, I was just mentioning that his target audience was children. And I wouldn't be so quick to judge the adults who were happy to see Jar Jar die...

Everyone acts like he would grab the camera, shake it around, and scream annoyingly into it for two hours. [Heavy sigh]

Its a never-ending argument, it would seem...

I don't know about that. The argument stopped pretty quickly when I found out about Jar Jar resembling (whether or not it was intentional) black caricatures in minstrel shows and early American cinema, due to his broken English, clumsiness, naivety and shuffling gait, all typical traits of a black character from that time. Physically, he has large nostrils and his "lips" make up half of his face, both traits commonly exaggerated in black caricatures. The Gungan accent, which sounds vaguely Caribbean, doesn't help the issue. Jar-Jar's first lines in the series, "Me-sa your humble servant," call slavery and domestic servitude to mind. Whether or not all of that was intentional, that's still a very valid reason to dislike Jar Jar.

I'm not saying everyone hates Jar Jar for that specific reason, I'm just saying that some (myself included) do. You shouldn't jump to conclusions and call people "blood-thirsty psychos" for wanting to see a character (that might bring back memories of a less accepting and enlightened time) die.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,432. Posted:

Hay guise, remember when Google was just a useful search engine? I miss those days.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,433. Posted:

Woke up with an earache. It's faded, but it's still there...

@CanisWolfred Yeah. Since then, it's gained sentience and is now trying to take over the Internet.

I wish I was joking too.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

WildMan

2,434. Posted:

@Mickey Or maybe it's just the fact that people are overly sensitive and try to find racism/sexism/whatever in absolutely anything...

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,435. Posted:

@WTV_94 I suggest you be sensitive to "people's" sensitivities. Whether you think they're "overly sensitive" or not.

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

WildMan

2,436. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@WTV_94 I suggest you be sensitive to "people's" sensitivities. Whether you think they're "overly sensitive" or not.

I am, but there are points where the sensitivities go overboard..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

2,437. Posted:

WTV_94 wrote:

Mickey wrote:

I am, but there are points where the sensitivities go overboard..

If you don't like the cut of someone's jib, just ignore them. The Internet makes it so easy to disregard the existence of almost anybody. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,438. Posted:

@WTV_94 Who's to say when their personal sensitivities go overboard? You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but the same goes for them. Once again, I suggest that you be sensitive to people's sensitivities whether you think they go overboard or not. Or, like @Wonder_Mask said, just ignore them if they're too sensitive for your tastes.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

Gso

2,439. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

the WiiU is officially released in Brazil now... the price? R$1.899,90(in dollars $822.80) and that's the Mario and Luigi bundle..... man, I need to leave this country...... just for the sake of gaming.....

I used to feel bad about Mexico's high prices and 16% sales tax until I found out about Brazil. Ouch!

Gso

AuthorMessage

Austroid

2,440. Posted:

@Mickey I think his actor Ahmed Best (a black actor in case you didn't know) says it best: "Not only do I think that has no validity [Jar Jar being a racial stereotype], I think it's really stupid for anyone to put their own prejudices and their own homophobia on a complete fantasy movie."

Did everyone just forget about the twin robots in Transformers RotF? That's a much better example.

Most hate him just because he was "annoying" which is debatable in of itself. Look at all these kids shows nowadays on stations like CN; Annoying Orange, Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc. I find those infinitely more annoying, than whatever reasoning people have against an honestly tame, harmless, comedic character in a sci-fi movie.

Going by your reasoning, you should probably hate Disney as well. All their cartoons like Dumbo and such, with crows being stand-ins for black people, the infamous controversial film Song of the South, the deleted scene from Fantasia, the indians in Peter Pan, etc. etc. Racism is always going to exist and be a recurring issue, letting it ruin something like Star Wars or a Disney cartoon for you won't do you any good.

Edited on by Austroid