Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 4,151

CanisWolfred

It's not like this place isn't a place for discussion, but there really isn't any need to form an argument here guys. I made this thread for people to vent about the crap that comes their way. Please do not be a part of that crap.

Anyways, naturally the day I get the stomach to call Microsoft again to get my Live account fixed, they have an outage and everyone's filling up the line. I gotta do this before the 22nd or I am screwed until February. Crud...i hope I get a call back in an hour...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

Anyways, naturally the day I get the stomach to call Microsoft again to get my Live account fixed, they have an outage and everyone's filling up the line. I gotta do this before the 22nd or I am screwed until February. Crud...i hope I get a call back in an hour...

I got a call back...but my problem apparently requires an escalate group, and it it could take over 2 weeks for them to get back to me...in two weeks the Xbox One comes out and they'll be swamped...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

PanicPuppet

@GuadianKing Way to be a jerk. This doesn't even concern you.

I'm tired of discussing this, and wish it never happened in the first place, alright? Don't just pop in and tell someone what they should and shouldn't do. It doesn't make either person look good.

In other news, my 3DS's wi-fi hasn't been working the past week. Sometimes it'll work enough to let me go on the eShop, but never the internet. Yet my sibling's 3DS wi-fi works just fine.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Mickey

@Austroid @GuardianKing I can tell where this is going so I'm just going to say it now: This has gone long enough. Austroid, if you're looking for an apology, fine. I'm sorry for saying that the writers of Jar-Jar and the target audience of Jar-Jar were children or acting like children when writing the character or reacting to criticism of the character. I'm sorry for the way I conveyed my opinion to you.

Now let's all drop it and move on.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Snagrio

I blowed my nose too hard and now one of my nostrils is bleeding. And no it isn't because I saw a really hot girl.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

PanicPuppet

(My heavily revised comment)
@Mickey I appreciate the apology.

Even though I didn't ask for them, I can respect you're opinions as well. But, I want to leave you with some trivia:

-Jar Jar and the other Gungans' designs were inspired by Hardosaurs from the Cretaceous Peroid, as well as various amphibians. At one point they were even going to wear giant shells with claws on their arms as battle armor; looking like crabs as a result.

-Jar Jar's comedic antics and mannerisms were influenced by Buster Keaton and Bugs Bunny.

-Ahmed Best's experience in dancing was implemented into Jar Jar's movements as a result.

A great quote from Best: "Whether you like the character or not, he is what he is. There are no pretenses, and there is nothing else other than what he is. He just wants to do good all the time, and he's not a character that has any secrets or a dark side."

So take that how you will.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

@WingedSnagret You don't have to tell me twice, its one of the most infamous examples of extremity out there. But I never even wanted to go in an in-depth discussion about it.

All I said was what I thought about the video and its popularity, nothing more.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Auracle

I've caught 22 Espurr in the Friend Safari, but not one of them has its hidden ability.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Mickey

Was playing a great level of Rayman Legends and had just beaten it [the level] when, all of a sudden, the Wii U turned off! The light was blinking red so I fiddled around with the cables and now it's working. I looked up the problem and saw that plenty of other people had the issue and had to send their console to Nintendo. I hope that an update scrapped the need to do that or I'm just a lucky case!

@NOT_Shadowing I'm sorry you read that.

@GustavoSF Aw, it's okay, Gus! As long as you're aware of it, you can keep your carelessness under control.

@CanisWolfred Ugh, that sounds rough. I hope that you do get your Live account fixed despite the Xbox One taking up much of their time.

@WingedFish I hope you got your bloody nose taken care of! And stop lookin' at them girls, kay?

The Mousekeloggery

Tasuki

Well I am disappointed at myself cause I let my temper get the best of me at work and went off on a customer.

I felt so bad after it happened more so cause I let him goad me. I tried to walk away but I just snapped. Although with him hurling insult after insult at me as I walked away didn't help. Lucky I am off the next two

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mickey

@Tasuki The fear of losing your job aside, there would be reason to worry if you didn't talk back to the guy. Whether or not you get fired, you did the right thing.

The Mousekeloggery

CanisWolfred

@Tasuki - That certainly got to suck, man. I hate when people do that, knowing the other person can't do anything without severe consequences...

I have two disappointments: I didn't get that Target Job I interviewed for, and I can't find my copy of Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, and I think I may have sold it years ago...and somehow didn't realize it until today, when I wanted to play it again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

all my disappointments lately center around the fact I'm not going to see her again after thursday, that is, if I even get to see her thursday...
it's all right all I've got to do is move on, nothing too hard, might take about two weeks(one week sad the rest trying to stop liking her)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Tasuki

Thanks guys. I know its not my fault and honestly I can't see myself getting fired over it but with companies these days who knows. It seems like they will get mad at you for getting upset at a customer no matter what they do. I once got fired from a fast food place cause some punk kid threw a shake at me and when I told him to leave and I refused to deal with him. He asked for the manager and told him it was an accident (when obviously it wasn't) and fired me later that day after my shift for being rude to him, after all he was paying.

Anyway though I have made my peace and honestly if they are going to fire me for something like that then maybe thats a company I dont want to work for. Its just that in this economy a job is a job thought. :/

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AlexSays

Mickey wrote:

@Tasuki The fear of losing your job aside, there would be reason to worry if you didn't talk back to the guy. Whether or not you get fired, you did the right thing.

What? You're never in a position to yell at a customer. No business actively encourages their employees to have an attitude with customers, regardless of what they do.

The right thing to do would be to let it go and be the more mature person. Instead you yell at him a little? Oh no, I'm sure that entirely changed his viewpoint. That accomplishes nothing and makes the business look bad.

The customer is always right for a reason. Employees are disposable. There are far too many unemployed people without temper tantrums to entertain people that are easily upset.

AlexSays

sugarpixel

So this is the world I'll be entering in a year or two... I can't say I'm looking forward to it... so hopefully, I take off as a game designer fairly quickly... or else I'll get stuck in this disaster... but I have high aspirations. And when it comes to video games - I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I'll do anything to fulfil my dreams as a game designer.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.