Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 4,151

UnknownNico

I ended up knocking out a shiny Murkrow.

I'm really running out of ideas for my signature.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
I used to run on blast processing. Now I'm 64-bit.
Currently playing: ARK: Survival Evolved, Splatoon
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

Wheeler

Been having a huge headache for a week now. I can't even think right or understand what I'm saying. Think I'll go take a nap, and see the doctor tomorrow.

Wheeler

Snagrio

The new comment format on YouTube. It freaking sucks!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Tasuki

Learning that Blockbuster Video has finally shut it doors. Since that is the last brick and mortar video store in my area it signifies the end of an era to me. I have so many fond memories of renting stuff from video stores when I was a kid and even up into my teenage years and young adult. There were so many games that I would have never played if it weren't for Blockbuster.

I knew this was just a matter of time due to Netflix,GameFly and Redbox but it is still sad to see it go.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gso

Finding out that the only Wii U Virtual Console download this week is Wario's Woods.

Edit: Yeah the new Youtube comment system sucks and too bad about Blockbuster.

Edited on by Gso

Gso

Nintendo Network ID: gisotelog

GuSolarFlare

the WiiU is officially released in Brazil now... the price? R$1.899,90(in dollars $822.80) and that's the Mario and Luigi bundle..... man, I need to leave this country...... just for the sake of gaming.....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Mickey

@UnknownNico Ugh, that had to be rough. I hope you have better luck next time...

@ShadowFox254 I hope your visit with the doctor goes well!

@WingedSnagret They know we have nowhere else to go to for entertainment so they can do whatever they want. It sucks.

@Tasuki Really? Huh. That sucks. I discovered Star Wars Battlefront thanks to Blockbuster...

@GustavoSF Aw, man! I hope you get your hands on a Wii U sooner than later...

@Dark-Luigi Not caring never got anyone anywhere. I'll be praying for you and your grades.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Captain_Toad

@DarkLuigi
E? I thought letter grades were only d and f?

Don't give up son. You can always ask for help whenever you have trouble like your teachers/parents/friends.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

DreamyViridi

Don't give up @Dark-Luigi. You're at an age where a letter can determine your future and hang your life in the balance! The sooner you're done with it all, the better. It'll pay off in the end. You can do it!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

PanicPuppet

WingedSnagret wrote:

The new comment format on YouTube. It freaking sucks!

Also, that "new deleted scene" featuring the death of a certain Gungan that's become insanely popular.

People today are such children...

PanicPuppet

Mickey

Austroid wrote:

People today are such children...

Similar to the writers and target audience of a certain Gungan.

The Mousekeloggery

PanicPuppet

Mickey wrote:

I don't know about putting actual children in the same boat, they deserve more credit than that. I believe they're smarter than the blood-thirtsty psychos that are so-called "adults."

The writers did fairly well with balancing his comedic acts and his general seriousness in TCW. With Eps. II and III he was a serious, good-hearted, if a bit naive guy. Everyone acts like he would grab the camera, shake it around, and scream annoyingly into it for two hours. [Heavy sigh]

Its a never-ending argument, it would seem...

PanicPuppet

SubBronze

Google, we simply do not care about Google+. At all. Please stop forcing us to use it just you can show your shareholders the number of G+ accounts there are, even though the number of them that actually use the website is less than 1% of the account numbers.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Mickey

Austroid wrote:

Mickey wrote:

I don't know about putting actual children in the same boat, they deserve more credit than that. I believe they're smarter than the blood-thirtsty psychos that are so-called "adults."

I wasn't putting children on the same boat, I was just mentioning that his target audience was children. And I wouldn't be so quick to judge the adults who were happy to see Jar Jar die...

Everyone acts like he would grab the camera, shake it around, and scream annoyingly into it for two hours. [Heavy sigh]

Its a never-ending argument, it would seem...

I don't know about that. The argument stopped pretty quickly when I found out about Jar Jar resembling (whether or not it was intentional) black caricatures in minstrel shows and early American cinema, due to his broken English, clumsiness, naivety and shuffling gait, all typical traits of a black character from that time. Physically, he has large nostrils and his "lips" make up half of his face, both traits commonly exaggerated in black caricatures. The Gungan accent, which sounds vaguely Caribbean, doesn't help the issue. Jar-Jar's first lines in the series, "Me-sa your humble servant," call slavery and domestic servitude to mind. Whether or not all of that was intentional, that's still a very valid reason to dislike Jar Jar.

I'm not saying everyone hates Jar Jar for that specific reason, I'm just saying that some (myself included) do. You shouldn't jump to conclusions and call people "blood-thirsty psychos" for wanting to see a character (that might bring back memories of a less accepting and enlightened time) die.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Mickey

Woke up with an earache. It's faded, but it's still there...

@CanisWolfred Yeah. Since then, it's gained sentience and is now trying to take over the Internet.

I wish I was joking too.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Jani-Koblaney

@Mickey Or maybe it's just the fact that people are overly sensitive and try to find racism/sexism/whatever in absolutely anything...

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Mickey

@WTV_94 I suggest you be sensitive to "people's" sensitivities. Whether you think they're "overly sensitive" or not.

The Mousekeloggery

Jani-Koblaney

Mickey wrote:

@WTV_94 I suggest you be sensitive to "people's" sensitivities. Whether you think they're "overly sensitive" or not.

I am, but there are points where the sensitivities go overboard..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.