Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Showing 2,341 to 2,360 of 3,659

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

2,341. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm disappointed by how many games see a 7 out of 10 as a bad score. Just because your math teacher thinks you need a tutor if you get a 70% on your test doesn't mean the rest of the word needs to follow such bullcrap logic...

A seven can mean it can have a few reasonably large issues, but it's still enjoyable overall. These issues are of varying importance to people, so it makes since that they might see seven as a sub par score. If anything, it'll help me prioritize my purchases. :3

Except that would require reading the review, something I'm absolutely positive most of the people who complain about 7's don't do...

You might not want to check out TvTropes's 8.8 page then...

It does annoy me that games-wise, the scale is normalised so that 60-70 means ok to bad and anything 50 and under might as well be zero. It's the way the press has been made though, so I guess I've gotten used to it.

I just have to keep the faith that gamers don't make their purchases solely off review scores. I can rattle off a bunch of 7/10's which I enjoyed far more than some 10/10's, I'm sure everyone could.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

2,342. Posted:

Over the past few months I have gotten to know this one girl. No, its not the one I had feelings for before, alas that ship has sailed. Its funny because this girl was actually helping me out with the other girl... weird how things play out. Anyway, Im really nervous because tomorrow Im suppose to tell her how I feel and yeah..... even thought she kinda already knows I still pretty tense... :$

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,343. Posted:

from the positive of the day thread:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I finally have the money for Pokémon Y!

but the only online store that Pokémon Y isn't sold out is one that will have a delayed release.... in december..... so I'll have to hunt for it in the mall tomorrow(with a giant chance of finding nothing...)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,344. Posted:

It turns out the pastor's son I talked to about a month ago (who was really interested in getting a 3DS) is a CoD drone/graphics whore. We argued a good hour over that stupid franchise last night. Figures... :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,345. Posted:

...I've decided I'm done with this "love" thing...
All of the work required... the heartache, the potential disappointment... everything... I don't want any of that. And it's all easily avoidable: just don't get started; don't get involved.
It's a long, hard road... and nobody's making you go down it. So I'm not going to. I couldn't even take the first step down that road.
That girl I like? She'll always be "that girl I like"... and just a friend.
The only thing that could ever sway me is if I ever met a girl, and we both instantly fell in love, and everything went smoothly - an incredibly unlikely event, at best.
So I'm done chasing a relationship. If a relationship wants to chase me, then so be it - but I'm finished.

Whew. And with that off my chest, I return to my usual goings-on...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

2,346. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

All of the work required... the heartache, the potential disappointment... everything... I don't want any of that. And it's all easily avoidable: just don't get started; don't get involved.
It's a long, hard road... and nobody's making you go down it. So I'm not going to. I couldn't even take the first step down that road.
The only thing that could ever sway me is if I ever met a girl, and we both instantly fell in love, and everything went smoothly - an incredibly unlikely event, at best.
So I'm done chasing a relationship. If a relationship wants to chase me, then so be it - but I'm finished.

Dont completely give up but at the same time dont force matters (not that your doing so, just a thought). :)

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,347. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

And this is exactly why I avoided all that high school dating drama junk and never had a girlfriend up to this point at 18 years of age. If the right girl, whoever she may be, suddenly takes a fancy to me, then I'm all for it. But until then I'm perfectly content to remain alone and wait. Though at the same time I'd like to marry early, before I turn 30 at least.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,348. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

things go wrong with this subject all the time, just remember if nothing is going wrong at all it might be a bad sign. and don't forget to not get too emotionally tied to a girl BEFORE things works out, if there's a chance that she doesn't feel the same for you be ready for things to go wrong and to move on after it so your heart won't be hurt too much. hope I could be helpful! :D

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,349. Posted:

pokémon Y IS sold out everywhere(X too) and no shop has any prediction to have more anytime soon.....

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,350. Posted:

This song represents my stance on relationships pretty well:

...with the "bay" being potential relationships... and I'm just sittin' on the dock, watching the tide roll away...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

2,351. Posted:

@Gioku
Yeah, I avoided all that drama, it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,352. Posted:

@CapnPancakes: Yep, exactly. I realized "you know what? I don't have to do that if I don't want to". So although it is a bit of a disappointment, I actually feel better for it. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,353. Posted:

@Gioku I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks that's what it comes down to. It's for the best though. Messing around with love isn't really worth it at (I'm assuming) your age group. Too many variables and lack of experience. I wouldn't advise you to avoid it all completely, but definitely don't make it top priority. Honestly, all of the problems like that come from glorifying "love". It's not gonna be some magical thing, it's a struggle. You gotta try and that comes with risks. Just don't give up and definitely don't get too attached where you get hurt over it, not too quickly anyways. Baby steps buddy. You'll get there.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,354. Posted:

@CanisWolfred I agree wholeheartedly. A 7/10 is an exceptional score that too many gamers [and, sadly, developers] take for granted.

@GamecubeMan I probably don't, but I THINK I know the feeling. I hope it all worked out, man!

@GustavoSF That sounds rough. I hope you get Pokémon Y ASAP!

@WingedSnagret I hope you two still get along despite your different video game preferences.

@Gioku

Gioku wrote:

All of the work required... the heartache, the potential disappointment... everything... I don't want any of that.

Well, I'm sorry, but work, heartache and disappointment is just a part of life. It isn't something you can avoid, you'll have to face it again someday and you need to figure out how to deal with it. Quitting is not an option.

And it's all easily avoidable: just don't get started; don't get involved.

Trust me, bro, that heart thing inside of you will force you to get started and it'll make you get involved, whether you like it or not. It's just a simple fact of life.

Look: just because you couldn't take that first step doesn't mean you should give up on the whole thing. There'll be other chances. Trust me.

I went through the very same thing (with a few differences but, for the most part, it's the same) I know that it hurts, I know you feel like she's out of reach right now, I know the emotional scars won't be going anytime soon, but it'll fade. Everything will be right as long as you have friends to help you through it like I did. Yes, she's "that girl you like" and she's just a friend but you've got to remember that anything can happen. Sure, your relationship may never go above friendship but, then again, you may also get married to her in the future. Either of those things could happen. I don't recommend that you count on things changing, just remember that things could change.

That's your problem. No relationship is gonna be like those whirlwind romances you see in the movies. That doesn't mean you won't have a healthy, happy relationship though. As long as you're real about it, you're bound to get lucky.

I actually have no problems with this part of the post. In fact: go ahead and do that.

I'm glad you got that off your chest, bro. It's not healthy keeping stuff pent up inside. I hope I helped.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Scanning

2,355. Posted:

On a lesser important note, I read this on the Internet recently...

"Koopa Kid is retired." - Yasuyuki Oyagi

I'll miss the K. Kids. Not that they were that important anyways, but I'll miss them nonetheless. Will always remember the time when the generic K. Kid was playable in Mario Party 5 and 6. I will always remember him, Toad, and Boo being the newest additional characters to Mario Party 5. Good times.

Edited on by Scanning

Bye Bye.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,356. Posted:

@Mickey: Hey thanks, man. You too, @Retro_on_theGo. I really appreciate the kind words. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,357. Posted:

@Gioku It's what friends are for. :)

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,358. Posted:

@Mickey got Fire Emblem Awakening instead of Pokémon Y and I don't regret it!
@Gioku man, I don't know how many times I failed when it comes to relationships and the only thing I've learned from those experiences is that you can't let that take you down!

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

2,359. Posted:

I played League of Legends today; holy crap m rage quit is terrifying. It got to the point where I nearly physically harmed someone.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,360. Posted:

Crap, got sick pretty bad...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~