Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Showing 2,301 to 2,320 of 3,647

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,301. Posted:

@WingedFish: Sounds more like this to me:
Untitled
...other than they didn't crash land on future Earth, lol. :P

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,302. Posted:

@CaptainCharlie It's kind of sad that I'm 96% sure that's something that would happen to me. I hope everything worked out for you, man.

@CanisWolfred Aww, that's too bad. I hope you don't have to add anymore people soon. You probably added me so I guess that means you won't be reading this...

@Retro_on_theGo Ooh... that really doesn't sound good. I hope things work out and, if not, you give her exactly what she deserves.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,303. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

You probably added me so I guess that means you won't be reading this...

You keep saying things like this, you might just tempt me.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,304. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Ah that's not nice Mickey! Errrr. Canis!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,305. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Ah that's not nice Mickey! Errrr. Canis!

It's okay, Retro. He's right. I'll make an effort to stop self-deprecating for you, Canis.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

2,306. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo Hope things work out for you man, if they don't then I hope someone even better comes along really soon for you.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,307. Posted:

Mega Man 6.....ugh.

Ok, i've spent a little over an hour playing it, but i was in such an uncomfortable & akward position since my retro set up is quite low to the ground forcing me to actually SIT on the ground which lead to giant tooshie pains and leg cramping. :P A bean bag chair would be pretty handy dandy right now. For now i'm just going to raise my TV stand with whatever and get a lower chair and Restart my game. Anyhoo! Mega Man 6 is quite possibly the weakest entry of the original 6 NES mega man games....I've beaten most of the lame robot masters(Tomahawk, Yamato, Wind?), trudged through the bland looking stages, while listening to it's trashy forgettable chip tunes. Yeah.....Guess NES-Mega didn't exactly go out with a bang, quite the opposite really.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RR529

2,308. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Mega Man 6.....ugh.

Ok, i've spent a little over an hour playing it, but i was in such an uncomfortable & akward position since my retro set up is quite low to the ground forcing me to actually SIT on the ground which lead to giant tooshie pains and leg cramping. :P A bean bag chair would be pretty handy dandy right now. For now i'm just going to raise my TV stand with whatever and get a lower chair and Restart my game. Anyhoo! Mega Man 6 is quite possibly the weakest entry of the original 6 NES mega man games....I've beaten most of the lame robot masters(Tomahawk, Yamato, Wind?), trudged through the bland looking stages, while listening to it's trashy forgettable chip tunes. Yeah.....Guess NES-Mega didn't exactly go out with a bang, quite the opposite really.

I suggest watching the two part episode of Game Exchange (on YouTube) that covered MM6.

It's a show that points out all the significant cultural influences that you can learn from games, with MM6 being the NES entry in the series that has the largest cultural nods to various countries across the globe. (something they were intending to do)

Maybe you'll appreciate it a bit more after watching?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,309. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Mega Man 6.....ugh.

I suggest watching the two part episode of Game Exchange (on YouTube) that covered MM6.

It's a show that points out all the significant cultural influences that you can learn from games, with MM6 being the NES entry in the series that has the largest cultural nods to various countries across the globe. (something they were intending to do)

Maybe you'll appreciate it a bit more after watching?

Probably not. :* :P
But really, i should reserve judgement until I actually finish the game and I will even if I'm not up to it....Because the MM formula is wearing a bit thin and I'm finding this entry extremely boring. Perhaps i'm being a little too hard on it considering i was extremely uncomfortable based on the way i was playing it. After this, I'll have 7 to tackle whenever i fork over the 100+ smackaroonies for a cart off eBay and that's that for the classic series!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

2,310. Posted:

Disaster has struck, my copy of Pokemon X did not come in the post this morning...There's no way I'll be able to play it until at least Monday (no post on Sunday), and now I need to avoid spoilers for two more days. What's annoying is that I've had a pre-order since April, but I had to cancel it and make a new pre-order a few days ago because the card I put in expired, and Amazon didn't let me change the payment options for some reason. If I still had that April pre-order, I probably would have gotten it yesterday.

Oh well, it will be worth it eventually...

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

2,311. Posted:

I created the subtitles for a movie they were gonna show today at a filmfestival. It was the first time because the audience was the press. It took me at least 60 hours to provide all the subtitles, it was a 2h movie and over 1000 subtitles. My task was to project the subtitles manually (they didn't appear automatically because of the program I had to work with, it doesnt allow that). You can project subtitles manually by pressing a button when the subtitle has to appear and by releasing it when it has to disappear.

The movie started and I immediately noticed that the whole version was DIFFERENT. The director changed huge huge parts... the first scene til the last scene was different. They kept some dialogues but they switched dialogues, used different songs (and thus different lyrics that I translated), added new lines, changed dialogues completely. I couldn't do anything but skip all the subtitles and just show the ones that were correct.. It was absolutely awful. I immediately called for someone who works there but he just told me that they can't help that, it sometimes happens and that it isn't my fault. Tomorrow there is another show but this time it's for real audience (not just the press). In the morning I have to go there to retranslate the whole damn thing and the great thing is: I have a colleague but she can't come because she "has to work" so "sorry you'll have to do it all by yourself". She was also just laughing when the whole thing went wrong.

I litteraly burst into tears when I got home lol. I can't believe this happened after all the efforts and hard work and my colleague is just a huge idiot. She makes me want to vomit.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

WildMan

2,312. Posted:

Looks like I won't be able to buy Pokémon X today.. :(

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

2,313. Posted:

@Miss_Dark Shank her, and teach that leech a lesson.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,314. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gioku wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: One word (or smiley): :(
Somehow, this makes me incredibly upset... maybe because I've never made it that far, I hate to see others lose after making it that far...

There could still be hope. It's just really unlikely at this point since I can't tell what's a lie anymore.

Sometimes women just aren't worth the BS. I'm not the relationship type, i aim for chick friends with benifits, but you have to learn to not get to close because it could easily be something more.lol I'm too career oriented and into my art along with a few other things to really even care about getting into a lovey dovey relationship, at least at this point. I'd rather screw around and have fun. :*

But yeah, did you guys actually have anything in common? Gaming, movies(a specific genre?) ect?

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,315. Posted:

@CountWavula Yeah, I get ya wavebro. I planned to not get attached anyways, so better sooner than later so it wouldn't be as big of a deal. It's not that big of deal now anyways, just kind of sucks, but time goes on so no point in wasting it moping.
We had a lot in common actuality. :P Gaming, anime, some movies, music. We both love Pokemon and she even cosplayed a few times in her life. I was hoping it'd be more than just a quick thing because of how cool she is but there's always more chicks.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,316. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@CountWavula Yeah, I get ya wavebro. I planned to not get attached anyways, so better sooner than later so it wouldn't be as big of a deal. It's not that big of deal now anyways, just kind of sucks, but time goes on so no point in wasting it moping.
We had a lot in common actuality. :P Gaming, anime, some movies, music. We both love Pokemon and she even cosplayed a few times in her life. I was hoping it'd be more than just a quick thing because of how cool she is but there's always more chicks.

Seemed like a good thing! But there are dozens of other girls out there with the same interests although they're extremely rare compared to the typical Blonde plastic bombshell who likes to watch mindless reality tv, devote half her life to Facebook via I-phone to spew out her boring little'nobody gives a damn' daily life trivial events, while spending hours putting on her mask while overly socializing and phoning it up at the club. Yeah, i can't STAND girls like that, who live the most superificial, boring, mundane generic life styles while completely SCOFFING at somebody for liking videogames, or things like action figure collecting or being into cartoons. they can't seem to fathom how or why somebody would be in love with those following things. they're not even worth a one night stand, unless you make a quick speedy dash out the window Spider man style once the deed is done. :P Otherwise, you'll wake up in the morning 'reaching' for a conversation.

Looks like you're going to have to hit up a gaming or anime convention to find your next Poke'Hottie! lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,317. Posted:

lol I'll make sure to use your tubulartastic way with words on that next chick! ;)

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,318. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

lol I'll make sure to use your tubulartastic way with words on that next chick! ;)

Follow my lead and you'll end up with these. Somebody already snagged Donatello, hurry before they're gone!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,319. Posted:

I won't get Y until Monday. I'm just going to avoid that thread for the next 24 and a half hours...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,320. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I won't get Y until Monday. I'm just going to avoid that thread for the next 24 and a half hours...

You poor soul.. I would be devastated in your position. :(

My Colors! 3D Gallery