Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 4,151

Retro_on_theGo

@Gioku I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks that's what it comes down to. It's for the best though. Messing around with love isn't really worth it at (I'm assuming) your age group. Too many variables and lack of experience. I wouldn't advise you to avoid it all completely, but definitely don't make it top priority. Honestly, all of the problems like that come from glorifying "love". It's not gonna be some magical thing, it's a struggle. You gotta try and that comes with risks. Just don't give up and definitely don't get too attached where you get hurt over it, not too quickly anyways. Baby steps buddy. You'll get there.

Mickey

@CanisWolfred I agree wholeheartedly. A 7/10 is an exceptional score that too many gamers [and, sadly, developers] take for granted.

@GamecubeMan I probably don't, but I THINK I know the feeling. I hope it all worked out, man!

@GustavoSF That sounds rough. I hope you get Pokémon Y ASAP!

@WingedSnagret I hope you two still get along despite your different video game preferences.

@Gioku

Gioku wrote:

...I've decided I'm done with this "love" thing...
All of the work required... the heartache, the potential disappointment... everything... I don't want any of that.

Well, I'm sorry, but work, heartache and disappointment is just a part of life. It isn't something you can avoid, you'll have to face it again someday and you need to figure out how to deal with it. Quitting is not an option.

And it's all easily avoidable: just don't get started; don't get involved.

Trust me, bro, that heart thing inside of you will force you to get started and it'll make you get involved, whether you like it or not. It's just a simple fact of life.

It's a long, hard road... and nobody's making you go down it. So I'm not going to. I couldn't even take the first step down that road.

Look: just because you couldn't take that first step doesn't mean you should give up on the whole thing. There'll be other chances. Trust me.

That girl I like? She'll always be "that girl I like"... and just a friend.

I went through the very same thing (with a few differences but, for the most part, it's the same) I know that it hurts, I know you feel like she's out of reach right now, I know the emotional scars won't be going anytime soon, but it'll fade. Everything will be right as long as you have friends to help you through it like I did. Yes, she's "that girl you like" and she's just a friend but you've got to remember that anything can happen. Sure, your relationship may never go above friendship but, then again, you may also get married to her in the future. Either of those things could happen. I don't recommend that you count on things changing, just remember that things could change.

The only thing that could ever sway me is if I ever met a girl, and we both instantly fell in love, and everything went smoothly - an incredibly unlikely event, at best.

That's your problem. No relationship is gonna be like those whirlwind romances you see in the movies. That doesn't mean you won't have a healthy, happy relationship though. As long as you're real about it, you're bound to get lucky.

So I'm done chasing a relationship. If a relationship wants to chase me, then so be it - but I'm finished.

I actually have no problems with this part of the post. In fact: go ahead and do that.

Whew. And with that off my chest, I return to my usual goings-on...

I'm glad you got that off your chest, bro. It's not healthy keeping stuff pent up inside. I hope I helped.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

GuSolarFlare

@Mickey got Fire Emblem Awakening instead of Pokémon Y and I don't regret it!
@Gioku man, I don't know how many times I failed when it comes to relationships and the only thing I've learned from those experiences is that you can't let that take you down!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Retro_on_theGo

GamecubeMan wrote:

Over the past few months I have gotten to know this one girl. No, its not the one I had feelings for before, alas that ship has sailed. Its funny because this girl was actually helping me out with the other girl... weird how things play out. Anyway, Im really nervous because tomorrow Im suppose to tell her how I feel and yeah..... even thought she kinda already knows I still pretty tense...

Hahah! You got this. Show her whose the man. The GamecubeMan!

PanicPuppet

I saw Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball music video.... less of a "disappointment," and more of a "where can I get some brain bleach?"

PanicPuppet

Snagrio

Austroid wrote:

I saw Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball music video.... less of a "disappointment," and more of a "where can I get some brain bleach?"

I find the music video title so fitting for the current state of her career. :3

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SubBronze

Bought Guacamelee today during the Crossbuy sale on PSN, and I love it so far. Decided to Google it to look at the Wikipedia page and stuff, only to find out its going to be free on PS+... Dammit Sony with your amazing deals enticing me...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

RR529

I got a $5 Big Box from Taco Bell for dinner (which was good), but after entering my code, it looks like I won't be playing the future first.

Oh well, you never win these things anyways

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Wheeler

Crap a$$ Friday with the family. Nothing but ******** for the whole time. -_-

Wheeler

hcfwesker

Pre-ordered Batman Arkham Origins for WiiU back in august on Amazon. Game released today .. mine wasn't shipped out til late this afternoon, what BullS***!

Edited on by hcfwesker

Friday the 13th Switch Discord: https://discord.gg/KGqkJaN

Nintendo Network ID: hcfwesker | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Not figuring out how to get my Season Pass codes to work in the Eshop

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Mickey

@Austroid I was more like: "what happened to my Miley! " I hope you recover soon.

@RR529 Aw, man. That's a bummer. I hope you have better luck next time!

@ShadowFox254 Sorry about your family not being as great as you'd like them to be, but please refrain from swearing. Even if you use symbols or stars to censor yourself. I hope your family problems are only temporary.

@CountWavula That's gotta be rough. I hope life gets easier for you soon, man.

@hcfwesker Look on the bright side! You're getting the game eventually!

@HawkeyeWii Yeah, codes like that are known to fail outside of the eShop too. I hope that you get your codes working and that publishers stop ripping gamers off.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

iwanttodie

Nintendo didn't win a joystick.
NI NO KUNI DIDN'T WIN A JOYSTICK.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.