General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Showing 2,281 to 2,300 of 3,702

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

2,281. Posted:

@RR529 That sounds sad for the students as a whole and school to do that, unless there is some background information as to why they're banning these sports necesseties. I hope the ban may get lifted though.

I woke up earlier than usual and I've done practically nothing productive today and it's now even preventing me from sleeping because I'm so fixated on my day... :/

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,282. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

It turns out that an elementary school in New York state is going to ban the use of Footballs, Baseballs, & Soccer balls, as well as the activities of Tag & Cartwheeling during recess, as being too dangerous...

Sure, they said there will be special opportunities during P.E. for the students to take part in such activities, as orchestrated & supervised by teachers, but it's pretty sad how we now feel like we have to protect kids from being kids.

This may be worse than that little league football organisation in California, that's going to start fining teams $200 any time they score too many points.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

I was gonna be shocked until I read it was in New York. I'd be even less surprised if it was at one of the schools near where I live. They already banned half the fun games while I was growing up. :/

EDIT: Looked it up. I'm just going to link it because the title is hilarious: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/10/08/long-island-school-to-stu...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,283. Posted:

I lost my Mario Kart 7 game card... I lost my entire game case inside the couch, but we managed to fish it out. I opened up the case, and MK7 was missing... it's still in the couch somewhere, but it's so small I can't get it to come out... hopefully I'll find it soon and/or Pokémon Y and Mario & Luigi Dream Team will keep my mind off of it...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

2,284. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

I lost my Mario Kart 7 game card... I lost my entire game case inside the couch, but we managed to fish it out. I opened up the case, and MK7 was missing... it's still in the couch somewhere, but it's so small I can't get it to come out... hopefully I'll find it soon and/or Pokémon Y and Mario & Luigi Dream Team will keep my mind off of it...

Hopefully you find it by the time I start getting good (you have a while), so we can rematch. ;)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,285. Posted:

@CaptainCharlie: Yeah, you're one of the reasons I need to find it, lol. I'll look for it again tonight, but I'm not really too hopeful... we'll see...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

2,286. Posted:

Finding out that a draft for one of my reviews got deleted when my computer automatically shut down. That and the fact that I have to go to the dentist today :P

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,287. Posted:

This morning has been tragic for me. For those of you who've watched my chicken montage, you may remember a little bird named Brittany.
Untitled
Well I was doing my morning rounds at the coop, and she was nowhere to be seen. I found her inside unable to stand and barely breathing. I took her into the house down to the basement, thinking how to end her suffering. About five minutes later, she made the decision for me and breathed her last in my arms while I cradled her as if she was my own child. I gave her a proper grave behind the henhouse with stones spelling out her initial.

This is the fouth time in a month that a bird has died while in my grasp. Only this time it was personal. You may think me strange for being upset about a lowly chicken, but to me they mean just as much as someone would about dogs or cats, so it's been very hard for me, especially considering birds are my favorite animals.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,288. Posted:

@WingedFish That's awful, man. I hope you don't have to go through that again anytime soon. :(

@ShadowFox254 Yeah, I know. Writer's block is the worst. I hope you motivate yourself into working on it again soon!

@CanisWolfred I tend to stick with other Channel Awesome members alongside NC like Linkara, Spoony (former member but I still count him), NChick, Cinema Snob, Todd In The Shadows, and Angry Joe. You could give one of those a chance if you haven't already. Oh, and I think The Escapist has some good shows too (mostly because I'm a big fan of Jim Sterling.)

@RR529 That sounds pathetic. I hope they get their act together soon before they become the laughing stock of the United States.

@Gioku Ooh...! I hate losing game carts! And of course it had to be a 3DS game cart. One of the tiniest cartridges next to the DS. I wish you all of the good luck I have in finding it, bro.

@CapnPancakes Ugh, that sounds like a drag. I hope that, when you rewrite that review, it goes well. And I hope the dentist isn't too bad.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

2,289. Posted:

@WingedFish - I don't find it strange at all. Animals can be important to people, no matter what they are. I've kept preying mantises as pets, and it's very sad when they passed. I gave them gravestones as well. I understand how you feel, and I hope your other chickens stay healthy.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

2,290. Posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson_Day

I didn't get a day off for this to watch the Spongebob episode...

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

RR529

2,291. Posted:

My family (including my brother) is going out to eat, while I have to stay behind and eat leftover lunch...

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Mickey

2,292. Posted:

I had to say goodbye to my first Karate teacher.

A little while ago (it had to have been a couple months), a friend of mine said he's gonna leave for the Navy soon. I was shocked, but when it didn't happen I assumed the friend was lying. Cut to today's class and that same friend is telling me that he just announced (in the other class) that this was his last week. Then my Dad comes and tells me and my sister that we should say goodbye to him before we leave. So, after enduring a particularly tough class, Dad's asking what I'll say to him. I barely stuttered out "Goodbye, sir." and he figured that the teacher deserved better (and he did) so he came up with "Goodbye, sir. You've made a big difference in my life and I'll miss you." So we're walking to where the Teacher is (he'd just finished class.) and my sister's already crying. I do my best to hold it in, barely say my prepared goodbye, and we leave.

I wanted to say that MickeyTheGreatBigCrybaby didn't actually cry this time... and I put up a really good fight. I made it up to my room before I started bawling my eyes out.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Musterd

2,293. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

This morning has been tragic for me. For those of you who've watched my chicken montage, you may remember a little bird named Brittany.
Untitled
Well I was doing my morning rounds at the coop, and she was nowhere to be seen. I found her inside unable to stand and barely breathing. I took her into the house down to the basement, thinking how to end her suffering. About five minutes later, she made the decision for me and breathed her last in my arms while I cradled her as if she was my own child. I gave her a proper grave behind the henhouse with stones spelling out her initial.

This is the fouth time in a month that a bird has died while in my grasp. Only this time it was personal. You may think me strange for being upset about a lowly chicken, but to me they mean just as much as someone would about dogs or cats, so it's been very hard for me, especially considering birds are my favorite animals.

I feel you... Sometime's it's even sadder when an animal dies. They never really do anything to deserve it.
This reminds me of the day last year my parakeet died... She hated me, but I kept trying to get her to like me. One day, I noticed her sitting on the bottom of the cage. She never did that.
We have a male, too. I was hopeful- I thought maybe she had an egg. She didn't...

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,294. Posted:

Captain_Bagel wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Untitled

I feel you... Sometime's it's even sadder when an animal dies. They never really do anything to deserve it.
This reminds me of the day last year my parakeet died... She hated me, but I kept trying to get her to like me. One day, I noticed her sitting on the bottom of the cage. She never did that.
We have a male, too. I was hopeful- I thought maybe she had an egg. She didn't...

At least with this particular scenario I knew she wasn't going to be around for too long since she was born with a deformity. If nothing else the winter freeze would have killed her since her body was incredibly thin.

At least I have solace in knowing that I gave Brittany a fulfilling life, for if she had ended up with anyone else, she'd have been immediately culled (destroyed so as to prevent passing down bad genetics), so I can be satisfied in that.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

2,295. Posted:

I woke up this morning to find that I fell asleep while doing my major Unit packet due today... And there's a huge Unit Test today. Wish me luck! D:

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,296. Posted:

Great, after 6 months of not having to add anybody to my ignore list, I had to add 3 people today...and one of them it's just because their poor use of puctuation and captialization makes my eyes hurt. I never thought that'd be a reason I'd have to ignore somebody...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,297. Posted:

Going to talk about some things tomorrow and if things don't work out, breaking it off with my girlfriend. What sucks is that it's not surprising.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,298. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo: One word (or smiley): :(
Somehow, this makes me incredibly upset... maybe because I've never made it that far, I hate to see others lose after making it that far...

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,299. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: One word (or smiley): :(
Somehow, this makes me incredibly upset... maybe because I've never made it that far, I hate to see others lose after making it that far...

There could still be hope. It's just really unlikely at this point since I can't tell what's a lie anymore.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,300. Posted:

I watched After Earth tonight, and I thought it was really boring. However quite a lot of plot elements seemed awfully familiar.

Let's see, the main characters go on vacation via spaceship travel, get hit by an asteroid and crash-land on a strange planet that turns out to be earth in the future, and have to find missing ship parts while avoiding dangerous native wildlife while also under a time limit.

Now where have I known this story before?
Untitled