Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 4,151

Pinkkitty

I feel rather sad lately. I seem to only have one good friend at school, and even then she's not the best....
But, at least it's Friday!

Pinkkitty

CanisWolfred

For some reason I still can't get over the fact that a man I only knew as Tiki Man died two years ago. I only knew him though his website, where I read his webcomic and semi-regular rants, but I never actually talked to him, met him in person, or really interacted with him in any way. I suppose it felt more personal, since judging from his rants, I was one of only, like, 10 people who actually read his comic, and to be honest, his comic was not only the first webcomic I ever read, it was something of an epiphany for me at the time, since it showed be a whole different way comics could be made...even though in retrospect, his comic wasn't really anything unique, I had just never seen anything like it before at the time. He also introduced me, indirectly through his link page, to a bunch of webcomics, some of which are still my favorites to this day.

Yeah, I know, I'm dwelling too much on a total stranger, I just need to let it go. Perhaps the real problem is just that he died before finishing his story, and it scares me to think that the same thing could happen to me. I mean, hell, I haven't even really started any of my projects, let alone finish them. Now I'm suddenly forced to realize that I may be running out of time, that I don't have time to hash out all the details before I start a major project. I may not even have time for a major project. Now I'm thinking I gotta take things one step at a time, as opposed to building up to a big leap, and just do something just so I can say I tried to do something with my life...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Captain_Toad

GuardianKing wrote:

This is gonna sound dumb, but the bad ending of SMT IV...

Holy crap...

heh, heh

Mine is a bit bittersweet.
I went to see Planes with my friends. Awesome. The bittersweet part, I went without my annoying nephew because he had a last minute thing to do.
It's a nice that I get all the popcorn and drink by myself, (even though the medium popcorn is a bit large for me to handle. I have to learn how to handle movie food.) But it's kinda a bummer that I don't get to spend time with my nephew.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Mickey

@CanisWolfred There's no reason to beat yourself up because you still haven't gotten over the loss of a friend. I'm certain that, if I was put in your position and one of you guys died, I'd be going through the same thing. It doesn't matter whether or not you've met the guy personally. Plenty of people mourn the loss of people they never met! Take for example: Celebrities. I didn't know Lou Albano personally, but it still hurt when I heard that he died.

I'm sure you'll move on eventually, man. Just stop acting like you're some sort of freak for mourning the loss of a human being for a bit longer than you think is normal. Because that's not true.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

CanisWolfred

Mickey wrote:

@CanisWolfred There's no reason to beat yourself up because you still haven't gotten over the loss of a friend. I'm certain that, if I was put in your position and one of you guys died, I'd be going through the same thing. It doesn't matter whether or not you've met the guy personally. Plenty of people mourn the loss of people they never met! Take for example: Celebrities. I didn't know Lou Albano personally, but it still hurt when I heard that he died.

I'm sure you'll move on eventually, man. Just stop acting like you're some sort of freak for mourning the loss of a human being for a bit longer than you think is normal. Because that's not true.

That's kind of the thing, he wasn't exactly a friend since I never wrote to him or anything. But you have a point about the cekebraties. I'll try to keep that in mind, thanks.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

@miss_dark rather than get all upset, maybe you should use this opportunity to really think this through, no? Because if you had it all thought out, I'd imagine you would've reasoned with her, so she could understand why you thought it was important, yes?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

the programmer acted up again.... he was complaining I did "nothing" but I received the robot in very sad state, it was so bad that I had to stop in the first test. too many parts were broken or damaged! I don't really care for his opinion. but I feel like I must defend my pride!!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jani-Koblaney

Mickey wrote:

@Miss_Dark Yeah, that doesn't look like good parenting. :/

Let's see you try to parent.. It's much harder than it looks, and it's rude to say that someone's parents are bad right to their face.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Mickey

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Mickey wrote:

@Miss_Dark Yeah, that doesn't look like good parenting. :/

Let's see you try to parent.. It's much harder than it looks, and it's rude to say that someone's parents are bad right to their face.

Yeah, nevermind the fact that I specified that it "looked" like bad parenting, implying that there might be something I'm not seeing. Oh, and not saying that her Mother is a bad parent (I said it looked like bad parenting). And the fact that I didn't say it to her face (since this is the internet) and was just putting my personal opinion (based on how I was raised) out there. Back off.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Tasuki

It seems that everyone here on NL is in some kind of mood today. Insulting one another. :/ What is going on here?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

It seems that everyone here on NL is in some kind of mood today. Insulting one another. :/ What is going on here?

I blame the moon, and the change of seasons. I always seem to be upset this time of the month...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Auracle

My cold has gotten worse since yesterday, but at least I'm not running a fever.
But yeah. People seem a bit edgy today. Sounds like it's group hug time. But not with me. Cold. :3

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

CanisWolfred

Oh yeah, aside from being edgy for the last few hours (I woke up feeling great, too...), I'm disappointed with the fact that the way the iPad works, it's just not good for drawing on it with my style, and I'm just not that flexible. I've been trying off and on for over a year and it's just annoying no matter what I try. I'm starting to regret not using my $500 towards a Wacom tablet...but then I'd need another $1000 for the programs...ugh...guess for now I'll just stick to paper, a cheap scanner, and Gimp. -_-;

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Happy_Mask

Tasuki wrote:

I'm still over here being cool, so it's all good. I'm simply a ray of sunshine piercing the darkness in all of your hearts.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

theblackdragon

GuardianKing wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Meh, I quite like it; it reminds me that the people here aren't mindless sheep.

It's one thing to be a 'mindless sheep'. It's another to repeatedly violate our Community Rules and wind up banned.

Food for thought.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Auracle

@Happy_Mask - Shine on, Masked One! Light the world with your radiantly unnerving smile!

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.