Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 4,151

Snagrio

@WildTwinVikings Aw geez, that's horrible! I remember when a beloved cousin of mine died in a car crash several years ago, so trust me when I say I share your pain.

My prayers go out to you and your family, if only I could offer more...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Retrowire

Here's my disappointment today, I found out my thread got locked because another similar thread existed. I didn't think that was very fair, so I messaged NintendoLife about it. Here's the message.

"Hello, I just wanted to give a little feedback regarding this website.

First off, I LOVE the community here, everyone is so much nicer on average than in other forums on the web.

That said, I have to complain a little about the treatment of a thread that I made in the General Discussions section of the site. I made a thread called The Foodie Thread because I saw that people would make general threads that regarded a specific interest. https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_foo...

Anyways, I started the thread with an encouraging message for everyone to share recipes, favorite flavors and even bad food experiences. I wanted to create a thread that was a centralized area for culinary collaboration amongst gamers. During the thread, I was recommended several times to instead go post my culinary talk in another thread named "The all-encompassing food topic" https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_all...

I visited it, and the thread seems to only exist for people to say what they ate. The introduction to the thread is merely, "So now there's no need to make any more threads about particular subsets of food. If you eat it, it belongs in here." What a nice way to intro me into a generic thread where it doesn't even evoke the same message of collaboration as my own thread.

At first I thought, "Oh, well I don't really like that thread as much, it won't be a problem if I continue my own thread, and maybe I can really get people talking about cooking in general! Not just eating!"

Today I go to my thread and find that it's been locked. Nice. NintendoLife basically forced me to stop my mission to share a passion of cooking and eating with others simply because there was another thread called "The all-encompassing food topic" Keep in mind, that topic is about food you eat, or food in general. My topic was reaching to speak about the culinary arts themselves, restaurants, recipes, those who are seriously interested in being a Foodie could post their ideas, their techniques. "The all-encompassing food topic", does not deliver the same environment. It's just upsetting that I made a positive thread to get people talking and I just get forced into a room (thread) where people just talk about food in general.

On these rules, I should be able to make a thread called "The all-encompassing Anime & Manga topic" and this thread: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/anime_n... should be locked. Because that's essentially what happened to me and that's not fair.

I would be happy if NintendoLife replied to this message and gave me permission to open my Foodie Thread again, start a new one or at least explain why the decision to lock my thread made any sense.

On a side note, does NintendoLife plan to ever have a private messaging system available on the site? Just wondering. I think that'd be nice. Thanks for reading."

I just hope this works out.

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

Gregor

Ad Blocker is making ads for their program that blocks ads. Wat.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

RazorSharp

At school, they changed my second period class(it WAS computers) now I have math lab, and it's filled with 7th graders! I feel so dumb! @wildTwinvikings so sorry for your loss!

Until they kick us out, Until they kick us out, Until they kick us out, people move your feet.
Get, get, get low when the whistle go.
【=◈︿◈=】

Nintendo Network ID: RaZor_5harp

Mickey

@Retrowire Allow me to explain why your thread was locked:

Your thread was locked because there was already a food topic. Whether they had the same intentions as you doesn't matter. It's all-encompassing so naturally it extends to sharing recipes, favorite flavors and "even bad food experiences." Just because some people don't use it for that, doesn't mean it can't be used for it. If you made "The all-encompassing Anime & Manga topic", it would be locked because we already have an Anime & Manga topic. Simple as that.

I hope I helped.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Captain_Balko

First day of University today, had to run literally across the entire campus to get to Russian History, was fifteen minutes late even though I left Literary Tradition early, everyone looked at me when I came in and I felt like such an idiot.

Captain_Balko

Retrowire

Mickey wrote:

@Retrowire Allow me to explain why your thread was locked:

Your thread was locked because there was already a food topic. Whether they had the same intentions as you doesn't matter. It's all-encompassing so naturally it extends to sharing recipes, favorite flavors and "even bad food experiences." Just because some people don't use it for that, doesn't mean it can't be used for it. If you made "The all-encompassing Anime & Manga topic", it would be locked because we already have an Anime & Manga topic. Simple as that.

I hope I helped.

Well, I suppose that makes sense. If the thread already exists and it CAN serve a similar purpose then a duplicate will be removed. I read the community guidelines that you recommended to me in the Newbie thread, but your explanation makes it clearer.

So! Am I allowed to start a vegetarian thread?!

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

Gregor

I found out that @theblackdragon is an insane lunatic that goes into peoples houses and kills them... with an eraser. What a sick twister world this is.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

Retrowire

Gregor wrote:

I found out that @theblackdragon is an insane lunatic that goes into peoples houses and kills them... with an eraser. What a sick twister world this is.

Well that makes me feel much safer about asking him whether or not I can make that Vegetarianism thread. D:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Checked that I wasn't dreaming and the Browns did indeed lose their game yesterday. The vast ocean of disappointment and sadness that sprung up from within me, like a sulfur spring, completely washed my day away into oblivion. The white stillness that followed could almost have been described as a soothing calm were it not for the shadow of regret looming over me from behind, like the moon eclipsing the sun, covering the patches of sun on the ground with greedy shadows, the abode of nightmares and abominations that work their evil craft in the inky blackness. From such despair can there be any light? The only hope I can cling to is "perhaps next Sunday will be different." If only, if only, then my life would be filled with light and love and peace again. Now I wallow in despair and darkness. But within my heart is a small dime-sized glimmer of hope. Perhaps next Sunday, the suns rays will reach this wretched creature once again. If only....if only.....

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Jani-Koblaney

Not really sure what to say, but thanks everyone for the support! It really means a lot to me..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

sugarpixel

You know that feeling you get when there's a girl you have a crush on, but you know you can never be with them? It's especially bad when you see said girl every day, and have harbored such feelings for 6 years... I'm feeling this very hard right now...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Gioku wrote:

You know that feeling you get when there's a girl you have a crush on, but you know you can never be with them? It's especially bad when you see said girl every day, and have harbored such feelings for 6 years... I'm feeling this very hard right now...

Is the only reason because she said no to you once or is there something more to it? But yeah that sounds harsh. I get the gist of how you must feel, sorry man.

sugarpixel

@Retro_on_theGo: Nah, it's because she's a year older than me, I've never talked to her... I doubt she'd even know my name... It simply will never happen. We're too far away; both literally and psychologically.

You know, I've never had any luck with girls... I will admit that I pretended to have girlfriend for a short amount of time, because I was angry... I came so close... But I'll never do that again... it just made it worse...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.