Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 4,151

Jaz007

Retrowire wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

@Retrowire I know this much for sure, when I find my wife-to-be in the future (probably within the next few years since I'm 18 now), I'll treat her with the utmost respect and remain loyal to her no matter the circumstance. That, in my eyes, is what makes a true man.

Yes, always be loyal no matter what. As a great man once said, "There are 2 words that are the key to a successful marriage. Those words are, 'Yes, dear.'"

But what if she asks "does this dress make me look fat"?

Jaz007

Retrowire

Jaz007 wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

@Retrowire I know this much for sure, when I find my wife-to-be in the future (probably within the next few years since I'm 18 now), I'll treat her with the utmost respect and remain loyal to her no matter the circumstance. That, in my eyes, is what makes a true man.

Yes, always be loyal no matter what. As a great man once said, "There are 2 words that are the key to a successful marriage. Those words are, 'Yes, dear.'"

But what if she asks "does this dress make me look fat"?

Well, there's an exception to most rules. Here's another tip from a wise man known as Retrowire, if your wife asks you how does this dress look on me? Never answer, "It looks comfortable."

I WILL NEVER FORGET. LOL

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

Mickey

Okay, @Everyone, that's enough. This is all good conversation, but it's still off-topic. In closing: The guy's a scumbag, people that are like him are scumbags, and @Retrowire's niece should dump him.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Retrowire

Mickey wrote:

Okay, @Everyone, that's enough. This is all good conversation, but it's still off-topic. In closing: The guy's a scumbag, people that are like him are scumbags, and @Retrowire's niece should dump him.

My apologies for derailing the thread somewhat, thanks for the words all the same.

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

Retro_on_theGo

Retrowire wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Retrowire I understand. I also hope he gets what he deserves. I hate it when people do something like this and I can never understand why. u_u I wouldn't dare toy with a girl's feelings like that. If there's another you just have to break it to her, be a man. My current girlfriend was cheated on by her ex before me. She's different ever since that jerk did what he did and I won't stand for anyone hurting someone like that. Man or woman.

You know, my wife and I were talking about that. Why do people do this? And the conclusion we reached was, Greed.

To have enough and only want more, it's just greed. When people apply that greed to relationships, they are essentially treating people like objects. Well, people are more than objects and when there's someone that lives their life this way, it can only be certain that they are a very self centered person.

And my condolences for the jackhole that scarred the one that you love. It is a scar, but the best you can do is protect the one you're with from more harm. Healing that scar, is up to her.

Greed sounds about right. Or they're just perverts that never learned how to be loyal lol.
And thanks on that last part man. I have no idea when she'll heal from it, if she ever does. Its made things pretty tough and honestly, I'm starting to think I'm waiting my time. I don't want to give up on her though so I'm just seeing where this will all end up.

GuardianKing

@Mickey That's it: we need to talk. The way you just break down such a serious topic, despite it being "off-topic" is way too abrupt for the kind of person you are. I notice a sudden behavior change whenever you're upset, which is why I'mma go take this to the Backlog.

Toodles.

@Retrowire Geez, what a jerk... I can't land my hands on a single relationship, and seeing men like that makes me want to go up to them and gut them on the spot. Sadly, I'm no superhuman, meaning all I can ever do is stand idly by and watch as others slowly devolve far away from me.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Retrowire

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Retrowire I understand. I also hope he gets what he deserves. I hate it when people do something like this and I can never understand why. u_u I wouldn't dare toy with a girl's feelings like that. If there's another you just have to break it to her, be a man. My current girlfriend was cheated on by her ex before me. She's different ever since that jerk did what he did and I won't stand for anyone hurting someone like that. Man or woman.

You know, my wife and I were talking about that. Why do people do this? And the conclusion we reached was, Greed.

To have enough and only want more, it's just greed. When people apply that greed to relationships, they are essentially treating people like objects. Well, people are more than objects and when there's someone that lives their life this way, it can only be certain that they are a very self centered person.

And my condolences for the jackhole that scarred the one that you love. It is a scar, but the best you can do is protect the one you're with from more harm. Healing that scar, is up to her.

Greed sounds about right. Or they're just perverts that never learned how to be loyal lol.
And thanks on that last part man. I have no idea when she'll heal from it, if she ever does. Its made things pretty tough and honestly, I'm starting to think I'm waiting my time. I don't want to give up on her though so I'm just seeing where this will all end up.

Sorry @Mickey, I don't want to go off topic but I feel wrong not responding to this. I wish there were a Private Messaging system in place here at Nintendo Life.

@Retro_on_Thego I know it seems trying, but do not give up. Never give up. If the relationship gets to a point where it can no longer hold up on it's own, then nothing can be done, but NEVER let it end because of your patience wearing thin. It could be one of the worst things for you, and it would only damage the girl more. She would feel as if it was all her fault, that her emotional baggage was the undoing of something that could have been great for her.

Personally, my wife has a lot of huge trust issues and insecurities with men in general because of previous boyfriends and men in her life. We have worked through many of these issues, but I still love her and will continue to be here for her, even if some of those issues never die.

Again, big apologies @Mickey. I just really wanted to help someone out.

Tasuki

@Retrowire: Wow I hope that your niece does something before the wedding. Trust me on this one don't get married thinking that the cheating will stop cause it wont. As someone said once a cheater always a cheater. I made the mistake of marring a girl who cheated on every boyfriend she ever had thinking that oh it wont happen to me. Well that was a big mistake I caught her cheating and that was that. Now I am divorced but I still have a hard time now even talking to woman cause what my ex did to me is in the back of my mind. Hopefully one day I will get over it which I believe I will especially since lately I have been thinking of looking again for a girl. Now really the only thing holding me back is how to go about that. But thats a different story.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingDunsparce

@Retrowire Wow, that's awful. I certainly hope she recovers from it.
Same goes for you @Retro_on_theGo. There are a lot of jerks in this world, sadly.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Retrowire

Here's the follow up to my disappointment of the day guys,

She had a long night discussing it all with him and in the end she told him that she had lost all trust in him and he'll have to earn it back. That's right, she's giving him another chance.

She told him, the engagement is off. It's not like that makes a difference though seeing as how he never cared about the engagement to begin with, that's not really a loss for him. He cried in front of her, so she believes he's been punished enough.

Needless to say, I'm a tad disappointed. This is another POS guy, that gets away with treating women like that. I've had additional words with my niece and she's admitted that her mind is telling her to leave him, but it's just so hard to betray her heart about it. She knows what she needs to do, it's just really hard for her. The best I can do now, is pray. :/

Edited on by Retrowire

OptometristLime

@Tasuki in reading your first hand account... if there's a bright spot your story definitely reinforces your message.

My gut tells me that someone who doesn't respect boundaries in a relationship, also won't be swayed by "marital status".
Not to belabor the point, but yea we're dealing with a creep. The fellowship of nerds as we might consider ourselves, tend to hold the few human relationships we maintain (haha) with a high level of respect. So this is the right crowd to vent to, basically; myself included of course.

EDIT
Just read the comment above me... argh. Prayer sounds like the right answer, maybe some wagging of the fists.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Retrowire

OptometristLime wrote:

@Tasuki in reading your first hand account... if there's a bright spot your story definitely establishes your credibility.

My gut tells me that someone who doesn't respect boundaries in a relationship, also won't be swayed by "marital status".
Not to belabor the point, but yea we're dealing with a creep. The fellowship of nerds as we might consider ourselves, tend to hold the few human relationships we maintain (haha) with a high level of respect. So this is the right crowd to vent to, basically; myself included of course.

EDIT
Just read the comment above me... argh. Prayer sounds like the right answer, maybe some wagging of the fists.

My wife was saying this earlier, in regards to nerds typically being better men than most. Popular people have friendships and relationships easily and therefore, their relationships aren't as valuable, and easily replaceable. We nerds (haha) do have fewer relationships but they are much more valuable and contain much more substance than most.

My wife had many problems regarding men, mainly because they always viewed her as an object and only wanted her for her looks. My wife found me more appealing than any other simply because I maintained a conversation with her that treated her like an equal. I love her because of everything that she is, she loves me only because of my devilishly good looks. JK LOL

Anyways, to all you nerds/geeks/gamers out there, be a gentleman, continue being a romantic, keep your respect for women and it will pay off. You are more rare than you think.

Jani-Koblaney

My cousin just died. Finally she's at peace in heaven, unlike the suffering she has gone through for the past few years!

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Retrowire

WildTwinVikings wrote:

My cousin just died. Finally she's at peace in heaven, unlike the suffering she has gone through for the past few years!

My wife and I give our condolences. There is no end in death, only a new beginning.

sugarpixel

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Well that's a much bigger disappointment than anything else today... I'm so sorry...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Tasuki

@OptometristLime: Not sure what you mean by that by uh thanks.

@Retrowire: Well all I can say is pray for her and be there for her thats all you can do for her. Unfortunately she made the decision that she thinks is good for her and if it turns out to be the wrong one well, you are just going to have to let her figure that one out on her own. Its sucks being in love with a cheater trust me on that. All my friends tried to warn me about my ex but I just thought they were jealous or wrong. Lost a few good friends that way.

@WildTwinVikings: I am sorry for your lost man. My thoughts and prays go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.