Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,151

Captain_Toad

@Retro
@Varia
Why do I have the feeling that I share the same style with you 2 guys?
Anyway, curse my procrastination, I need to finish this blasted homework!
Tip for procrastination: Do things bit by bit instead of looking at it like a big thing.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Snagrio

@Retro, @Emaan My situation is even worse. Forgive this long ramble, but this always feels like the best place to let out my feelings, since I don't really have any real world friends.

You see, I've been through two jobs within less then a few months. First was at McDonald's, where I was at for a while. Then I got offered a job at a dog boarding kennel, which I quickly took and dropped McDonald's over. And I loved my job; working with animals was something I've wanted to do ever since I learned how to talk. But in less then two months, I got fired and was told I wasn't fit for the position. That was the biggest blow to me in recent memory, to be told that I wasn't any good at my childhood dream job. I have no idea where to turn now; not even video games give me much enjoyment anymore.

Every aspect of my life since has been met with total apathy. Even my beloved pets have been neglected, because I just don't feel like anything in life is worthwhile now. All in all, I feel absolutely miserable. In fact I'm crying as I write this...

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CerealKiller528

My band mates made a poll on changing the band name and my suggestion (Yesterday's Wasteland) is losing....

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

Captain_Toad

WingedFish wrote:

@Retro, @Emaan My situation is even worse. Forgive this long ramble, but this always feels like the best place to let out my feelings, since I don't really have any real world friends.

You see, I've been through two jobs within less then a few months. First was at McDonald's, where I was at for a while. Then I got offered a job at a dog boarding kennel, which I quickly took and dropped McDonald's over. And I loved my job; working with animals was something I've wanted to do ever since I learned how to talk. But in less then two months, I got fired and was told I wasn't fit for the position. That was the biggest blow to me in recent memory, to be told that I wasn't any good at my childhood dream job. I have no idea where to turn now; not even video games give me much enjoyment anymore.

Every aspect of my life since has been met with total apathy. Even my beloved pets have been neglected, because I just don't feel like anything in life is worthwhile now. All in all, I feel absolutely miserable. In fact I'm crying as I write this...

All I can say is to keep your head up high even when things are at it's bleakest. There will be always something out there for ya.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Jaz007

Oh my goodness @WingedFish. That's terrrible. Hold in there buddy, hold in there. It will all work out. I seriously hope you become happy again soon.

Jaz007

Retro_on_theGo

@WingedFish That's sad to hear. Don't worry, buddy! Just stay positive and keep going. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Don't give up, there's always something better waiting to happen. I'm sure it's tough for you right now but just keep moving forward. That's why we have eyes in the front of our heads instead of the back. We can see our goal and keep getting closer to it. If they were in the back we'd never move on because we'd always be stuck looking at the past. I can only hope your luck turns around so you can be happy again.
Nah.
I'm sure it will! <3

RR529

Don't worry, @WingedFish, I know how you feel.

I had great grades in high school, and then I got a job at the same place my dad worked & was going to university, and things seemed like they were going great.

Then, I lost all my scholorship money because I got a 3.4 GPA instead of a 3.5 GPA, and with no scholarships, I had to quit. A few months later, I lost my job, because I had to get dental work done, but they didn't want me to take the time off.

I've had one job since then, but I was late too many times because the cab drivers I used didn't like using the highways (they liked to zigzag their way around town, based on routes they were comfortable taking, and sometimes be slowed down by picking up more than one person).

I was 20 then, and here I am at 22, and still havent found another job (employers scared about my short duration at my past jobs), living at home, and I feel absolutely useless half the time, when my parents are having financial troubles (and my dad constantly gets on to me about not having a job, and when under stress, threatens to kick me out of the house).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

e-love

@Retro, I have severe anxiety and manic depression so I'm often happy then sad the next moment, so I can understand me coming off as cheerful on here. Then again I'm not going to post negatively all the time on here because I use NL as a getaway of sorts, along with video games in general, so discussing them also is a nice reprieve. Back to how things affect me easily and how I said I can relate to you in that aspect, I've just been experiencing major instances of loneliness and sadness due to problems with friendships, self-identity, and other things. I don't really look at crying as much of an occasion anymore, it just happens- very often some nights. Especially this summer in which I don't have a job, most of my friends are off on trips, my parents are away at work, my sibling is away at college, I am at my most lonely. It's probably due to this that I am more vulnerable and prone to letting my thoughts get the better of me, because sitting around day after day with nothing but ourselves can do that~

@WingedFish, again, I am deeply sorry to hear this. I hope things work out in the end for you~ Happiness is certainly something that we can't take for granted because we don't know when we will reach those times when it seems like it is so far away. I'll keep you in my thoughts <3

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Gregor

I have a Belkin router which is a potato and it hates my 3DS so I find it difficult to engage in peer to peer gameplay across the globe.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

Mickey

@Retro_on_theGo Hey, man. It's VERY common to be like that. Even people that are practically perfect in every way like me are like that at times. And don't worry about whether or not you'll get a job, I'm sure everything will be alright in the end.

@Emaan Yeah... I'm sort of the opposite. I come off as morbidly self-deprecative and depressed in a lot of my posts (don't forget overly self-aware) and in real-life I'm all smiles. On the subject of your situation, just remember what I always say: The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

@WingedFish I know sometimes life can be depressing or painful. I'm not going to make up some lame speech about how it isn't because that would be a lie. I'll just say that you aren't alone. Everyone in Nintendo Life (including yours truly) will be there with you through all of it. I myself have gone through some tough times as well (though not nearly on the level of what you're going through) and I've always gotten through them knowing that my friends in Nintendo Life will help me.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Jani-Koblaney

@Wingedfish I feel the exact same way. I graduated (barely) from high school a year ago and it seems like things were going great. I got a job painting from someone I know and things were going well. Then it went downhill. I hated painting, and I was constantly being yelled at for being too slow. Eventually I got fired.. Since that I haven't had a job, aside from doing some shoveling in the winter. I hate feeling like a bum without a job, but I just get way too nervous (I feel sick to my stomach at times) about applying for a new one out of fear of not being fit for it. I hate being autistic..

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Magikarp3

I was bored out of my mind today. The kind of profound boredom that leads people to do things they'd regret later for a bit of short term excitement. It's a little sad when I realised that all I'm doing right now is waiting until semester starts so I can drown myself in work again.

and @WingedFish I totally get where you're coming from. A lot of my uni friends are realising that the dreams they used to have are in reality dead ends, and it's not an easy revelation to get over. I hope that you'll find something enjoyable soon

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

SubBronze

My laptop which is less than a year old might have just died on me, along with all my revision notes... Good thing I just bought a tablet I guess.

EDIT The computer's not dead, but almost every update on my computer has been deleted, so its going to be a pain to get back to normal...

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

RudysaurusRex

My detasseling start date keeps getting pushed back, it has been pushed back two weeks from when we were supposed to start. I'm really starting to lose any drive I have to do the work. And it starts on Saturday now. The only thing really pushing me is the potential to build my own computer.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Mickey

@Bulby That's a bummer. I hope everything goes back to normal eventually!

@RudyDog You always have us to motivate you! You can do it, Rudy!

The Mousekeloggery

Dark-Luigi

I've got a call today from my nephew that my grandmother had died....I...just don't believe it. . She was a great grandmother too....I can't believe that she's gone. She was the best grandmother anyone could ever meet and have....I...honestly don't know what to say anymore.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Snagrio

@Big-Luigi Aw, that's terrible man! I give you and your family my condolences.
/offers hug

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Mickey

@Big-Luigi Everyone goes sometime. And even though it'll be hard to live with, you need to remember that she's in a better place. If you need any emotional support, you just shoot me a PM at Backloggery.

The Mousekeloggery

CerealKiller528

I got into an argument with the band and I ended up quitting. Sucks....

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.