Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 4,151

GuardianKing

LuigiMan200 wrote:

...So for the past year; the student loan company has given me grants (money I don't have to pay back) to survive through the 3 years of Uni. However, they've overlooked something on the form my parents filled; and it's only NOW they realise I was not entitled to it AFTER they give me the cash. So I have to pay back everything I spent on travel and books because of their screw-up! This effectively (not actually but feels pretty dang close) leaves me penniless...

Holy crap that sound awful! Money is one of the main reasons I'm so afraid of college (no matter how intellectually gifted I ave, it doesn't make a damn difference if I can't afford school. )

I hope everything works out for you, man! Honestly, I don't know what else I can say. Normally, I'd help look for programs to help, but you're in the UK, so...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

GamecubeMan wrote:

Another one of the girl Im interested friend's reminded me that I make her feel uncomfortable. Despite the fact I have barely have said 2 sentences to her. I cant help but feel insulted though. I have even gone as far as to apology for an action I have know idea Im exactly apologizing for. It just bums me out that I have made a terrible first impression. Ugh, this whole charade sucks! I dont know what to do at this point anymore.

Maybe the friend is just messing with you. Or, just as you said, reminding that you used to? Before you apologized? Maybe you're reading a bit too much into it?
Just try talking to her more in a group of friends so there's no awkward pauses. Get to know her interests that you share and talk about them. Just be yourself, dude. Stay calm and collected around her and about this whole thing. You'll be fine!

DreamyViridi

@Miss_Dark - I'm over it now but I was really depressed... I'm studying IT. Anything computers more or less because I don't know what to do career-wise.
@Nobodys_Angel - I appreciate the thought. My parents will pay for part of it and my savings will cover the rest. £1,300 is all I have for the nest 2 years. The fact that my parents have no choice but to bail me out makes me feel bitter...
@Big-Luigi - I do too... Now I need a job just to survive. I wish I was 16 again...

Thank you all for your concern.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

GuardianKing

@GamecubeMan I have a better question: in what ways do you think you make her feel uncomfortable? Make a list of all those "reasons" in your head, and read it aloud. Chances are, you'll realize there was no issue to begin with.

How do you even make someone feel uncomfortable just talking?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

e-love

@LuigiMan200, Hope all goes well with your situation~

@GCM, <3 buddy. You can't let these things affect you. I'm sure you're a catch, you just need to look in the right places. Or maybe just not be looking at all right now, you're young there's still time. Don't take these things personally at all. You'll find the right person for you~

On another note I was informed I have to get my wisdom teeth removed, joy :0

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

DreamyViridi

@Retro_on_theGo, @Emaan
I swear, if luck was a video game stat; mine would be ★☆☆☆☆☆.
Seriously; thanks everyone.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AlexSays

They don't have private loan companies? In the US they hand out student loans like candy.

As long as you're going to school for something worthwhile a few thousand here or there is not a huge deal.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Birdman

AlexSays wrote:

They don't have private loan companies? In the US they hand out student loans like candy.

As long as you're going to school for something worthwhile a few thousand here or there is not a huge deal.

According to @LuigiMan200's profile he's from the UK, so I guess he's at least not getting saddled with the interest rate spike student loans were just hit with here ...

And I don't think private/federal loans makes a difference; both can be incredibly merciless when it comes to getting the money you owe them.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AlexSays

I meant more along the lines of a private loan company could bail him out now since he said he has very little to work with the next couple years.

And don't worry, you're speaking to the choir about interest rates on student loans. lol. Tends to make a fairly significant difference when your education costs are in the hundreds of thousands.

AlexSays

DreamyViridi

@AlexSays - I see what you mean. However, the reason I applied for grants in the first place was to avoid this kind of situation; having to pay back what I spent. A loan would only deepen the hole that's been dug as I'd be stuck having to pay back the loan company, pitting me back to square 1; y'know? Plus the possible interest loans and all that...

At least this 'mistake' happens now then at the end of the 3 year course...
And if the US truly have it worse, then in some ways; I should be thankful.

Mario Maker Levels

AlexSays

Oh I know. Loans should not be taken lightly, and I can see how you would be hesitant if your career goals are still up in the air. They're just a necessary evil for some people.

I don't know how it works for the UK, so I can't say for sure we have it worse. I actually don't have many problems with it. Subsidized loans are available so the government pays the interest until students are finished with school, and students in my field very nearly have a guaranteed high paying job once they're finished.

So they're still a good avenue for lesser fortunate people to seek higher education, it's just up to people to be responsible and ensure they can carry the burden once they have graduated. Hopefully higher interest rates scare off some more students from taking out unnecessary loans to finance less-than-helpful degrees (you know who you are! lol).

AlexSays

FireMario887

@Retro_on_theGo: You and me think identically. I understand what you mean... I usually (mentally) beat myself up for stupid unimportant things and usually forgets about simple things. I hate it too..... >:[

FireMario887

Snagrio

My life right now feels like its stuck in a rut. I'm just sitting around, wasting time literally doing nothing. I know I need to get proactive and start trying to find a new job, think/plan about the future, ect. but I can't find any motivation and feel completely hopeless...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Retro_on_theGo

WingedFish wrote:

My life right now feels like its stuck in a rut. I'm just sitting around, wasting time literally doing nothing. I know I need to get proactive and start trying to find a new job, think/plan about the future, ect. but I can't find any motivation and feel completely hopeless...

I feel the same way, bro. Didn't get the job I was expecting this summer and I already finished my studies for now so I'm just sitting around doing nothing. I played F-zero X so much today that I got sick of it and stopped mid cup. I've been looking for other jobs to no avail.

e-love

@WingedFish, I feel you. My summer has basically been me sitting around doing nothing, crying, doing unwise actions to forget about pain, with the occasional good moment here and there. I really need a job as well, and I'm very fearful about this next year and what it might hold- mostly regarding college after high school is over. The future seems very blurred for us and it's definitely hard to make sense of what to do with ourselves at this moment in time. I hope the best for you in this time <3

@Retro, I can also relate to this. We just have to do our best to not let the little things get the better of us, but it's not easy~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.