General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Showing 1,161 to 1,180 of 3,782

AuthorMessage

Austroid

1,161. Posted:

Nostalgia Critic's "review" of Jurassic Park... ugh, just painful.

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 5
#RidleyInSSB4WiiU

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,162. Posted:

My aquatic frog (named Wollywog) died. I don't think I even had him/her for over a week. :(

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,163. Posted:

^^It wasn't very good, but it was bearable at least. It certainly wasn't a good pick to review, though. You could tell he was scraping the bottom of the barrel for material with it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,164. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

Nostalgia Critic's "review" of Jurassic Park... ugh, just painful.

Jeff...uh..Goldblum uh uh uh ;)

@Canis: Well we do have Jurassic Park III to look forward to, and I bet he has a lot to say about that "train wreck"

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

1,165. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

My aquatic frog (named Wollywog) died. I don't think I even had him/her for over a week. :(

Awww I'm very sorry to hear that! Very endearing name. :(
Hopefully there's a new page for you, that is full of successful aquatic adventures.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Austroid

1,166. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It wasn't very good, but it was bearable at least. It certainly wasn't a good pick to review, though. You could tell he was scraping the bottom of the barrel for material with it.

That whole t-rex thing was just... why?

I hated how he bashed every minor mistake and character (even though he didn't really act as though he knew what their expertise was; Grant is a paleontologist but he's not good with computers, maybe because he probably didn't use one like everyone does nowadays because it was in the early 90s) in the film but ends it with "I love it anyway : DDD"

LzQuacker wrote:

Well we do have Jurassic Park III to look forward to, and I bet he has a lot to say about that "train wreck"

I like JP III... god I wish he'd stop bashing movies I like. First it was The Grinch, basically JP, now JP III? He should go back to reviewing old, obscure stuff.

Edited on by Austroid

#RidleyInSSB4WiiU

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,167. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Awww I'm very sorry to hear that! Very endearing name. :(
Hopefully there's a new page for you, that is full of successful aquatic adventures.

Thanks. I actually think it was my own fault since I didn't change the water when I should have. And since the tank is rather crowded the poor thing likely died from the toxicity. Oh well, I need to get a bigger aquarium anyway...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,168. Posted:

I have to get up earlier to go to my job tomorrow. I'm gonna be so freakin' groggy.

Austroid wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

Well we do have Jurassic Park III to look forward to, and I bet he has a lot to say about that "train wreck"

I like JP III... god I wish he'd stop bashing movies I like. First it was The Grinch, basically JP, now JP III? He should go back to reviewing old, obscure stuff.

Or maybe you should just stop liking terrible movies, like the Grinch and Jurassic Park III. Or grow a sense of humor, because he's just trying to make jokes. :P At least with the Grinch he stayed remotely factual while still being funny.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Melkaticox

1,169. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z3cI0NnKN0&feature=inp-lt...

This.

Disney reviews written by Neil Sharpson, voiced by Erik Copper and edited by me on my channel! They're hilarious, I can promise you that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Melkac/videos

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,170. Posted:

Watching the devastation in Moore, Oklahoma, due to a massive tornado hitting there while knowing I passed through there 6 weeks ago on a college visit. I didn't really give the town much of a second thought, but it's very creepy knowing I was there just a short while ago.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,171. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

Watching the devastation in Moore, Oklahoma, due to a massive tornado hitting there while knowing I passed through there 6 weeks ago on a college visit. I didn't really give the town much of a second thought, but it's very creepy knowing I was there just a short while ago.

Haven't been their but it bummed me out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Austroid

1,172. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Or maybe you should just stop liking terrible movies, like the Grinch and Jurassic Park III. Or grow a sense of humor, because he's just trying to make jokes. :P At least with the Grinch he stayed remotely factual while still being funny.

I do have a sense of humor my friend, but I feel as though Doug is losing his.

"Terrible" doesn't mean the same for everyone. The Grinch got an Academy award for best make-up, and a Saturn award for best music, and its become a staple for Christmas as much as the original Chuck Jones cartoon short, which says a lot. JP III for the record isn't that bad, far from it. There are MUCH worst movies out there. Look at all the people who flock to see Michael Bay's robot orgy films.

I love watching NC, just lately his stuff hasn't been as great, and the fact he randomly reviewed JP, and teared it apart with the tiniest of nitpicks and bad humor (god that whole t-rex bit was BAD) shows he's willing to do anything to keep himself relevant.

Edited on by Austroid

#RidleyInSSB4WiiU

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,173. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I do have a sense of humor my friend, but I feel as though Doug is losing his.

"Terrible" doesn't mean the same for everyone. The Grinch got an Academy award for best make-up, and a Saturn award for best music, also its become a staple for Christmas as much as the original Chuck Jones cartoon short, which says a lot. JP III for the record isn't that bad, far from it. There are MUCH worst movies out there. Look at all the people who flock to see Michael Bay's robot orgy films.

I love watching NC, just lately his stuff hasn't been as great, and the fact he randomly reviewed JP, and teared it apart with the tiniest of nitpicks and bad humor (god that whole t-rex bit was BAD.)

It shows he's willing to do anything to keep himself relevant.

To each their own. Nostalgia Critic's always been hit or miss to me, and I haven't really seen any change in his sense of humor, other than throwing in skits that are just as hit or miss as the rest of his jokes. TBQH, I prefer his videos for the commentary, so I've really been liking how he'll do straight up editorials now. So in my book, that means he's doing better than ever.

And nitpicking can be funny if it's true. At least to me.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

1,174. Posted:

All over Google+ there are rumours spreading that Infinite (favorite Kpop group~)
is coming to America to film a MV in Texas (I live a few states up.) and I'm upset because this could be total truth or someone had nothing better to do and decided to spread lies to deceive Inspirits everywhere :O.

I don't know what to believe anymore, and so I'm depressed.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,175. Posted:

Konata wrote:

All over Google+ there are rumours spreading that Infinite (favorite Kpop group~)
is coming to America to film a MV in Texas (I live a few states up.) and I'm upset because this could be total truth or someone had nothing better to do and decided to spread lies to deceive Inspirits everywhere :O.

I don't know what to believe anymore, and so I'm depressed.

Speaking of that I ca sort of relate! Anamanaguchi is coming to my hometown this Sat. and the tickets are dirt cheap but I can't go! >_<
I got over it awhile ago though, oh well, y'know? gotta move one. :3 lol

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,176. Posted:

The biggest freakin' bumblebee I've ever seen in my entire life has made a routine of constantly orbiting our house throughout the day, and I'm the one who has to walk the dog every 2 hours...

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,177. Posted:

The weather here has been incredibly muggy, so much so that just merely walking around the house makes you sweat buckets. And since we're trying to save on the electric bill (especially since my dad lost his job a couple weeks ago), that means no AC. :p

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,178. Posted:

It's half term next week but I'm going to have to go in to college for a few days next week as I've fallen behind in some of my lessons.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,179. Posted:

My girlfriend just dumped me :'(.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,180. Posted:

Was not able to get a Wii U, since the Target sale was online only, and no way am I paying for the shipping of a console.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~