General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 3,612

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,101. Posted:

University is making me different, more opinionated and sometimes more hostile. Sometimes after saying things, I'll look back and think "wow, that was so out of character."

So yeah, a lot of things in my life are changing very fast. And I wish they'd slow down just a little.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,102. Posted:

I don't know for 100% certain, but I think I just saw someone steal a dog. So yeah, my faith in human decency has gone down a lot... It could of been mine if I was walking a little bit faster as well.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,103. Posted:

Buying a Wii U only to discover the Wii U Gamepad won't reach into my bedroom, just 20 feet away. :(

Also, this.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,104. Posted:

I have summer homework

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

SqueakyTheBone

1,105. Posted:

I recently caved in and decided to book a doctors appointment in regards to anti-depressants. I've purposefully avoided them in the past, not exactly comfortable with the idea of drugging myself for the illusion of happiness. But given that in my current state i'm just wasting away, growing ever more embittered at everything, unable to rev up that motivation to do something meaningful with myself, I think they could help give me that extra 'umph', y'know?

In fact the more I think about it, this might turn out to be kind of a good thing for me in the end. But at the same time I can't help but be a little disappointed in myself for not being able to solve my problems on my own two feet. I know this is kind of an odd place to post all this personal guff, but hey, it gets it out of the system.

What a freakin' tool, eh?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,106. Posted:

^How old are you? I took anti-depressants when I was a teenage, but they kinda just made me more depressed. Apparently that's common with teenagers, hormones and all that.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SqueakyTheBone

1,107. Posted:

Despite my angst-y whining, i'm twenty years old. Really should be getting my act together at this age, but hey-ho. I have heard various things about anti-depressants just making things worse, but very few have elaborated on why that's the case. If its not too much to ask, would you care to tell why they didn't work out for you? If you don't want to share that's perfectly understandable.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,108. Posted:

They made me more suicidal, and eventually I was in the hospital. Lets leave it at that.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,109. Posted:

@SqueakyTheBone it's a shame to hear about that. I've come close to asking about anti-depressants a few times in my life, except I just kind of roughed it out. I figured that it wasn't so much an illusion of happiness, but that my life was really starting to suffer with the lack of sleep and the malnutrition from being too meh to eat. I hope they work out for you!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

SqueakyTheBone

1,110. Posted:

@CanisWolfred I see. Apologies for bringing it up, but thanks for sharing. I'll have to give it some more serious thought.

@Magikarp I'm glad things (presumably) worked out for you! I wish I had the strength to tough these things out, but my mindset is too weak in that regard. Thanks for the kind words.

Edited on by SqueakyTheBone

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,111. Posted:

I don't really want to go into details, but I had a friend which I haven't talked to in about a year and we were both in the same crappy long-term situation for a few years. Just saw a post of his on Facebook, and it looks like he's doing much better than me. I was already feeling pretty depressed today, so that didn't really help...

Man I hate Facebook.

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,112. Posted:

I'm going to need to take a break from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked for at least a few days because of how depressing I'm finding it. I was hoping to beat it before the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf but now I wish I had that game already. Then I could alternate between an RPG with a heavy story and relaxing in the tranquil world of Animal Crossing.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,113. Posted:

Me: Walking to talk to a girl that i used to like.Think about it a little,goes the other direction.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,114. Posted:

I stumbled across a certain user's artist page on a certain website, and saw his most recent upload. And it looked amazing! I had seen this user's DeviantArt page last year, and their art was decent, but that pick was on a whole other level! I thought, "Hey, if this guy could dedicate himself and start making kick@$$ pics like that, perhaps there's some hope for me? Maybe I just seriously need to dedicate myself and keep up with the drawing. Maybe even reinvent my art style. I just need to believe and keep at it! Surely someday I'll be as good as him!" I got so motivated, I was about ready to go off and start drawing like hell!

...then I scrolled down the page, read the description, and found out he didn't draw it. It was a commission from another artist, who had been doing art since he could hold a pencil. I then went to the Deviant Art page of that certain user again, and found that while he had improved a little, he still wasn't near the level of the guy who drew his commission. All of the enthusiasm I had drained out of me all at once, and now I don't feel like drawing anything...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

1,115. Posted:

I just posted about this in Weirdness of the Day, but basically, earlier today I said something really stupid/awkward/just-not-like-me, all because I'm frustrated that I don't have a girlfriend.
Do you want to hear my whole story about how I don't have a girlfriend or not?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,116. Posted:

Hurray, now I don't have to double post!

I'm getting so desperate to find a good forum of a certain nature, I think I've resorted to stalking...maybe I should just bite the bullet and join one already...or maybe I should just give up...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

1,117. Posted:

@Canis What do you mean by "find a good forum"?
Also, if there's one thing I've learned in my life struggles, is that no one should ever give up, no matter the circumstances.

Edited on by ChrisT99

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,118. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I stumbled across a certain user's artist page on a certain website, and saw his most recent upload. And it looked amazing! I had seen this user's DeviantArt page last year, and their art was decent, but that pick was on a whole other level! I thought, "Hey, if this guy could dedicate himself and start making kick@$$ pics like that, perhaps there's some hope for me? Maybe I just seriously need to dedicate myself and keep up with the drawing. Maybe even reinvent my art style. I just need to believe and keep at it! Surely someday I'll be as good as him!" I got so motivated, I was about ready to go off and start drawing like hell!

...then I scrolled down the page, read the description, and found out he didn't draw it. It was a commission from another artist, who had been doing art since he could hold a pencil. I then went to the Deviant Art page of that certain user again, and found that while he had improved a little, he still wasn't near the level of the guy who drew his commission. All of the enthusiasm I had drained out of me all at once, and now I don't feel like drawing anything...

Wanna feel better about yourself?

Scroll all the way to the back of my Deviant Art page (link in my signature). ;)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,119. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

@Canis What do you mean by "find a good forum"?

We aren't good enough for him :'( jk
@canis good luck trying other forums, most forums now have awful people.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,120. Posted:

Just to throw in my own two cents regarding anti-depressents, I can't tell you how many times I've seen commercials for them and the side effects included, "May cause thoughts of suicide." Talk about just making things worse...

So my own disappointment today is I went to the dentist, and they said that my premolars are all coming in wrong and one is starting to pop through. So now my parents are debating whether to have them cut out soon (as in slicing through my gums), or just wait until things start hurting before having them taken out. It's not bothering me too much now, but the fact is going to be looming over my head during the next few weeks...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64