Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 4,151

SubBronze

I don't really want to go into details, but I had a friend which I haven't talked to in about a year and we were both in the same crappy long-term situation for a few years. Just saw a post of his on Facebook, and it looks like he's doing much better than me. I was already feeling pretty depressed today, so that didn't really help...

Man I hate Facebook.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

FonistofCruxis

I'm going to need to take a break from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked for at least a few days because of how depressing I'm finding it. I was hoping to beat it before the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf but now I wish I had that game already. Then I could alternate between an RPG with a heavy story and relaxing in the tranquil world of Animal Crossing.

CanisWolfred

I stumbled across a certain user's artist page on a certain website, and saw his most recent upload. And it looked amazing! I had seen this user's DeviantArt page last year, and their art was decent, but that pick was on a whole other level! I thought, "Hey, if this guy could dedicate himself and start making kick@$$ pics like that, perhaps there's some hope for me? Maybe I just seriously need to dedicate myself and keep up with the drawing. Maybe even reinvent my art style. I just need to believe and keep at it! Surely someday I'll be as good as him!" I got so motivated, I was about ready to go off and start drawing like hell!

...then I scrolled down the page, read the description, and found out he didn't draw it. It was a commission from another artist, who had been doing art since he could hold a pencil. I then went to the Deviant Art page of that certain user again, and found that while he had improved a little, he still wasn't near the level of the guy who drew his commission. All of the enthusiasm I had drained out of me all at once, and now I don't feel like drawing anything...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AccessibleDaydream

I just posted about this in Weirdness of the Day, but basically, earlier today I said something really stupid/awkward/just-not-like-me, all because I'm frustrated that I don't have a girlfriend.
Do you want to hear my whole story about how I don't have a girlfriend or not?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Hurray, now I don't have to double post!

I'm getting so desperate to find a good forum of a certain nature, I think I've resorted to stalking...maybe I should just bite the bullet and join one already...or maybe I should just give up...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AccessibleDaydream

@Canis What do you mean by "find a good forum"?
Also, if there's one thing I've learned in my life struggles, is that no one should ever give up, no matter the circumstances.

Edited on by AccessibleDaydream

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

GuardianKing

CanisWolfred wrote:

I stumbled across a certain user's artist page on a certain website, and saw his most recent upload. And it looked amazing! I had seen this user's DeviantArt page last year, and their art was decent, but that pick was on a whole other level! I thought, "Hey, if this guy could dedicate himself and start making kick@$$ pics like that, perhaps there's some hope for me? Maybe I just seriously need to dedicate myself and keep up with the drawing. Maybe even reinvent my art style. I just need to believe and keep at it! Surely someday I'll be as good as him!" I got so motivated, I was about ready to go off and start drawing like hell!

...then I scrolled down the page, read the description, and found out he didn't draw it. It was a commission from another artist, who had been doing art since he could hold a pencil. I then went to the Deviant Art page of that certain user again, and found that while he had improved a little, he still wasn't near the level of the guy who drew his commission. All of the enthusiasm I had drained out of me all at once, and now I don't feel like drawing anything...

Wanna feel better about yourself?

Scroll all the way to the back of my Deviant Art page (link in my signature).

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Undead_terror

ChrisT99 wrote:

We aren't good enough for him jk
@canis good luck trying other forums, most forums now have awful people.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Snagrio

Just to throw in my own two cents regarding anti-depressents, I can't tell you how many times I've seen commercials for them and the side effects included, "May cause thoughts of suicide." Talk about just making things worse...

So my own disappointment today is I went to the dentist, and they said that my premolars are all coming in wrong and one is starting to pop through. So now my parents are debating whether to have them cut out soon (as in slicing through my gums), or just wait until things start hurting before having them taken out. It's not bothering me too much now, but the fact is going to be looming over my head during the next few weeks...

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CanisWolfred

undead_terror wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

We aren't good enough for him jk
@canis good luck trying other forums, most forums now have awful people.

I've joined, like 20 forums over the past 3 years. Trust me, I know that all too well...that's why I'm so afraid to join any and trying various different methods to find a good one. It doesn't help that the particular type of forums I'm looking for tend to have low populations, except for one site that's simply too massive (and is probably where everyone's going)...I don't have many choices from what I've found so far...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

ChrisT99 wrote:

I just posted about this in Weirdness of the Day, but basically, earlier today I said something really stupid/awkward/just-not-like-me, all because I'm frustrated that I don't have a girlfriend.
Do you want to hear my whole story about how I don't have a girlfriend or not?

Whoah there, you're 13, why do need a girlfriend already?! Patience man, patience. I'm not saying don't have crushes or anything like that though, but sure I will listen, so what happened?

Jaz007

AccessibleDaydream

Jaz007 wrote:

but sure I will listen, so what happened?

This is useless, but do you mind if I don't post it till tomorrow? I have to get to bed in 30 minutes or so, after I shower.

Edited on by AccessibleDaydream

AccessibleDaydream

SubBronze

CanisWolfred wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nintendo Says they're not blocking Youtubers, but adding their own ads to them. So yeah, nothing's lost.

Eh, all this stuff is really confusing. As far as I can see its only been going on for about 3 hours, so time can only tell what will will happen in the long-term. I hope partners get the ability to make some money off them, maybe a profit-split with Nintendo.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Jaz007

ChrisT99 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

but sure I will listen, so what happened?

This is useless, but do you mind if I don't post it till tomorrow? I have to get to bed in 30 minutes or so, after I shower.

Take all the time you want.

Jaz007

Magikarp3

@WingedFish

Ouch man. My wisdom teeth are coming in sideways, and I'll need to have my gums cut but I'm waiting until a holiday. I don't think I could juggle daily life with an inability to speak properly or eat solid food.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.