Forums

Topic: Digimon Disscussion Thread

Posts 101 to 104 of 104

Randomname19

I?m late to the party,since Yo-kai Watch came out recently in my country,so I don't know is somebody already noticed this:
Untitled
I know foxes have been part of japanese culture for centuries,but this yokai is obviously a rip-off of Renamon.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Octane

@Randomname19 I don't know, anything based on the Ninetails will look similar; Looks at Ninetails from Okami:
Untitled

Or the Pokemon Ninetales. There's probably plenty of other examples. Some are bound to resemble others closely. I think it's just the colour scheme that's very similar in your example.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Randomname19

@Octane But the Ninetails from Okami and the Pokèmon aren't yellow and purple and they don't stand on two legs like Renamon.That yokai does.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Tyranexx

Randomname19 wrote:

I?m late to the party,since Yo-kai Watch came out recently in my country,so I don't know is somebody already noticed this:
Untitled
I know foxes have been part of japanese culture for centuries,but this yokai is obviously a rip-off of Renamon.

Kyubi could also be compared to (wait for it...) Kyubimon. I noticed this as soon as I laid eyes on the character. However, as @Octane mentioned, nine-tailed foxes are pretty popular mythological figures in Japan. Naruto is another example that comes to mind.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.