General Discussion Forum

Topic: Digimon Disscussion Thread

Showing 1 to 20 of 93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrimsonFire

1. Posted:

I just had to make this thread and i wanted to for some time. Now i can because Digimon is somewhat relevant now.

With Digimon Xros Wars coming out on nick in 2013
http://www.digimonspirit.net/digimon-fusion-to-air-on-nickelo...

Untitled
and this
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/digimon-world-redigitize-decode-is...

which may or may not be coming to the U.S

Also you can discuss the previous seasons here as well as the games.
SO DISCUSS

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

2. Posted:

I'd rather watch the Japanese dub on Crunchyroll.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's going back on TV. It's a kids' show. Kids should watch it without having to go on the ever dangerous internet (and hog mommy's and daddy's computer...). Still, if I have the option of watching it on the internet, legally, I will.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zoroarkrules25

3. Posted:

It looks like disney Xd did it better.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

4. Posted:

I guess Power Rangers and TMNT are doing well enough on Nick that they're bringing in more "action" kid shows?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

5. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'd rather watch the Japanese dub on Crunchyroll.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's going back on TV. It's a kids' show. Kids should watch it without having to go on the ever dangerous internet (and hog mommy's and daddy's computer...). Still, if I have the option of watching it on the internet, legally, I will.

Oh sweet. Yeah, I'd rather watch the Japanese dub. Shoutmon's voice bugs me a hell of a lot less.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

6. Posted:

This dub sounds better than the other one they have in Malaysia.
With the exception of One Piece I never really watch subbed episodes of shows, although it's nice to have options when watching them.

@TheKingOfTown: Too bad they only air them on weekend mornings in favor of more Spongebob and bland teen pop star sitcoms during every other time.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Austroid

7. Posted:

But... but... what about releasing the rest of Data Squad on DVD!? I've been waiting for Collection 3 for a couple years now.

Also on the subject for dubbed animes. I'd much rather watch something that's in my native tongue than read text every half second, no matter how "bad" its considered.

Also Japanese voices bug the CRAP out of me!

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
Currently Playing: Sonic Riders (nostalgia overload!)

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

8. Posted:

@Austroid: I think you'd better give up on that set. Chances are they'll release the complete season like they did with the first three.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Austroid

9. Posted:

@TwilightV Yeah, I can see that happening; but the box sets they made for the first two collections are so kewl!1!

That'll take a while though; being the latest season released in the US and all. Season 1 was re-released in October (going to nab that soon) and they're about to re-release season 2 in late March. So I'm guesstimating that next June will be when they release Data Squad/"The Complete Season 5."

Ugh...

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
Currently Playing: Sonic Riders (nostalgia overload!)

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

10. Posted:

I'd say maybe at the end of this year, since they have Season 3/Tamers coming in June.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KonataIzumi

11. Posted:

Thank God I forbid myself to watch te japanese version of Digimon since it was way too ugh for me. So happy to see a dub. Why do i have a feeling nick is doing some Saturday morning block with this,Korra,TMNT and Megaforce?

KonataIzumi

Nintendo Network ID: Kokatsu | Twitter: kokatsu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

12. Posted:

Nick could use an action block, IMO. Granted, I was always one who believed that there should be more on TV (that's kid-friendly) than comedies. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

13. Posted:

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

14. Posted:

KonataIzumi wrote:

So happy to see a dub. Why do i have a feeling nick is doing some Saturday morning block with this,Korra,TMNT and Megaforce?

Friday night would be useful too. They've been airing new TMNT's with other episodes and repeats.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WanderFan91

15. Posted:

I enjoyed Digimon Xros Wars in all its Japanese glory with English subtitles when I watched it online. I don't know how I feel about the show actually getting localized in the West; my concern is what content will go through the process of alteration or removal when it gets here (I'm hoping they'll keep the poignant moments in tact and try to stay as faithful as they can), 'cause anime shows rarely stay the same in the West as they do in native Japan (I'm looking at you One Piece). That's just my main concern over this news, since I loved it in Japanese.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

16. Posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these guys will deal with Mirvamon . :P (I think that's her name.)

Give us a new Medabots and bring it over and Nick could have a sick action block.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

17. Posted:

RetroBrony91 wrote:

I enjoyed Digimon Xros Wars in all its Japanese glory with English subtitles when I watched it online. I don't know how I feel about the show actually getting localized in the West; my concern is what content will go through the process of alteration or removal when it gets here (I'm hoping they'll keep the poignant moments in tact and try to stay as faithful as they can), 'cause anime shows rarely stay the same in the West as they do in native Japan (I'm looking at you One Piece). That's just my main concern over this news, since I loved it in Japanese.

Well, actually, they stopped doing that kind of stuff ages ago. Like, seriously, pointing out One Piece for its changes stopped being relevent when Funimation got ahold of the show over 6 years ago. The main culprits have long died out. While there's still a chance there might be changes (this is a new Saban, so who knows how they'll operate), I doubt they'll be able to get away with any of them, since doing such things are no longer the norm, nor are they considered acceptable by the community.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

18. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RetroBrony91 wrote:

I enjoyed Digimon Xros Wars in all its Japanese glory with English subtitles when I watched it online. I don't know how I feel about the show actually getting localized in the West; my concern is what content will go through the process of alteration or removal when it gets here (I'm hoping they'll keep the poignant moments in tact and try to stay as faithful as they can), 'cause anime shows rarely stay the same in the West as they do in native Japan (I'm looking at you One Piece). That's just my main concern over this news, since I loved it in Japanese.

Well, actually, they stopped doing that kind of stuff ages ago. Like, seriously, pointing out One Piece for its changes stopped being relevent when Funimation got ahold of the show over 6 years ago. The main culprits have long died out. While there's still a chance there might be changes (this is a new Saban, so who knows how they'll operate), I doubt they'll be able to get away with any of them, since doing such things are no longer the norm, nor are they considered acceptable by the community.

I have mixed feelings on OP because of certain translations and some of the dub's cast. Those translations also apply to the subtitled version.

Anyways, Saban did a pretty good job with Tamers, so i'm not all that worried about the dub. The occasional cheesy joke is to be expected though.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrimsonFire

19. Posted:

New Digimon Discussion Thread

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

20. Posted:

I have yet to get tired of Digimon Tamers.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~