Forums

Topic: Describing Nintendo fans

Posts 21 to 28 of 28

turtlelink

Nintendo are birds and fans are freaks.
Therefore, Nintendo Fans are birdfreaks!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have to agree strongly with Swiket here, too. He did a great job summing things up. Nintendo Fans are just like any other type of fans. I'm actually repressing laughter right now at those who seem to imply that Nintendo fans are somehow more "open-minded" and "kinder towards other consoles." Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are indeed plenty of Nintendo fans who are like that. No, what I find comical is the sheer audacity of believing that somehow other console fandoms have fewer individuals who are open-minded, play other genres, and have no interest in bashing the other consoles. That's simply overlooking the negatives of your own fanbase while focusing on the negatives of the other fanbase. That's naive and hypocritical, and as far as I can tell, it makes you look like pretty poor example of the type of fan you just described.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I just had to get that out there.

Jaz007

Kyloctopus

turtlelink wrote:

Nintendo are birds and fans are freaks.
Therefore, Nintendo Fans are birdfreaks!

We also like eating Turtle Soup for the soul.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

scrubbyscum999

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have to agree strongly with Swiket here, too. He did a great job summing things up. Nintendo Fans are just like any other type of fans. I'm actually repressing laughter right now at those who seem to imply that Nintendo fans are somehow more "open-minded" and "kinder towards other consoles." Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are indeed plenty of Nintendo fans who are like that. No, what I find comical is the sheer audacity of believing that somehow other console fandoms have fewer individuals who are open-minded, play other genres, and have no interest in bashing the other consoles. That's simply overlooking the negatives of your own fanbase while focusing on the negatives of the other fanbase. That's naive and hypocritical, and as far as I can tell, it makes you look like pretty poor example of the type of fan you just described.

Oh, my feelings are hurt! In all honesty though it is my own PERSONAL experience that Nintendo fans seem to be less caring to attack the other consoles. They tend to just keep to themselves. Again, this what I have experienced in real life day to day interaction.

WingedFish has described a lot of my experience. I just went to GameStop and there was this grown man who asking if Injustice Gods of among us would have a lot of blood and gore. The employee was telling him probably not and explaining why (I could tell he was holding back a slight raised eyebrow type reaction). The guy was obviously disappointed. My thing is, why does it matter? Nothing wrong with something like Mortal Kombat but is it really that big of a deal?

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I dunno, but I'm a Nintendo fan and I just, well...you know, play video games. >_>
From what I've seen, Sony fans seem to bash the crap out of Nintendo's stuff, it's irritating. (what's funny is that they call Nintendo boys immature, um, wat? lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Happy_Mask

Well you see, Nintendo means "Leave luck to turtles", so therefore a Nintendo fan would be a turtle that excretes high velocity wind power.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

CanisWolfred

Trainer_DJ wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh, my feelings are hurt! In all honesty though it is my own PERSONAL experience that Nintendo fans seem to be less caring to attack the other consoles. They tend to just keep to themselves. Again, this what I have experienced in real life day to day interaction.

WingedFish has described a lot of my experience. I just went to GameStop and there was this grown man who asking if Injustice Gods of among us would have a lot of blood and gore. The employee was telling him probably not and explaining why (I could tell he was holding back a slight raised eyebrow type reaction). The guy was obviously disappointed. My thing is, why does it matter? Nothing wrong with something like Mortal Kombat but is it really that big of a deal?

And in my personal experience, from being on this site and many others, Nintendo fans are a varied bunch. Some are total jerks who can't stop bashing other consoles, some are close-minded people who refuse to play other types of games unless Nintendo makes them (and even then...), some are casual fans who just play a few games here and there, others hardcore fans who play a large amount of genres and even games from other system, while still others are people who just play what they like and don't worry about the other consoles. And you know what? That's pretty much my experience with every other fandom out there, too. I can't say which one has more of a certain type, but who can? Without a proper head count, we can never say for sure, and IMO, it's completely and utterly pretentious to say "my fandom is better than your fandom" with nothing but anecdotal evidence to back it up. And yes, that is what you're saying, whether you mean to or not.

As for your second statement:

1) It's none of your business, so why do you care?
2) Some people just like lots of blood and gore in their games. Is that really hard to understand?
3) If they do like blood and gore, there's nothing wrong with that. Even completely normal, stable people will go see a Horror/slasher film or play Gears of War, and still enjoy it. It's just entertainment.
4) It's made by the people who finally made a good Mortal Kombat game. You know what the original main appeal of the series was? Lots of blood and gore. So if you're a fan of Mortal Kombat, especially if you liked its blood and gore, you're probably gonna be disappointed when you find out they won't include that.

I really didn't want to start sounding patronizing, but I really, really couldn't see why you even had to ask the question. From what I got out of your statement, you think it's an insignificant factor that shouldn't matter to other people. Well, it may seem insignificant to you, but "one man's trash is another man's treasure" - it's obviously important to him, and you don't know him, so how can you imply that it shouldn't be important to him?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

LordLzGlad wrote:

And then there are those that couldn't care less about the "console wars" but occasionally poke fanboys for the fun of it

Don't tell theblackdragon

d'aww, it's so cute when you pretend like i don't know what you're up to

that said, fans are fans are fans. we as a group are no more 'open-minded' or whatever than fans of anything else out there. Just play what you like, don't get wrapped up in labels. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.