Forums

Topic: Cool things most people don't know (maybe).

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

komicturtle

I heard Rugby is real popular with older much buffer men.. and in the gay community (not a bad thing as it'd be partially insulting myself).

@Morpheel
Because if it's Summer here it's winter there... I think it should be close to spring time there.

I wouldn't know.

komicturtle

Bankai

I heard Rugby is real popular with older much buffer men.. and in the gay community (not a bad thing as it'd be partially insulting myself).

Rugby's a pretty blokey sport in Australia.

Rugby and cricket. Mind you we play Baseball awesome too.

@Morpheel
Because if it's Summer here it's winter there... I think it should be close to spring time there.

I wouldn't know.

We're in the opposite season to you folks in the northern hemisphere.

Eel

That's cold to me
We rarely get under 15C here in MiniAustralia.
Anyways~

Another cool fact!
Did you know that there's a kind of shrimp that generates sound waves powerful enough to kill a fish much larger than it?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Noire

The cold talk in here is funny because ... the title is cool things most people don't know ... haha ...

...I'll go get my coat.

Teehee.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

komicturtle

@Morpheel I think I've heard of it... In Environmental Science.

I'd probably be best friends with Kangaroos

Cool fact: There could be a world parallel to us.

And Super Saiyans could exist- you never know when Frieza may have his sight set on us one day..

Okay, maybe not, but I always wonder what's beyond the universe. And I think there's a world out there where creations are alive out there. But a grander scale than South Park's Imagination Land.

komicturtle

jester94

KomicZ wrote:

@Morpheel

And Super Saiyans could exist- you never know when Frieza may have his sight set on us one day..

Okay, maybe not, but I always wonder what's beyond the universe. And I think there's a world out there where creations are alive out there. But a grander scale than South Park's Imagination Land.

space & time is infinite. worlds beyond are comprehension exist, even if we cant see them, SPACE has no limits, it is infinite, and therefore multiple worlds with life could exist. even if are world was made because of a 1 in a trillion chance, if you repeat it infinitely, you will have infinite worlds with life. to imagine a world & for another to say it cant exist, one need only to repeat, and see if it does, TIME, what is time & what started it. time is always moving, yet you cant see it, only the effects of time can you see with the naked eye. and when did time begin. time has always been moving, but how did it start, and was there a time before time, and if so happens time does stop, is there time beyond that? SPACE TIME. there are many world's, but are there also different time line's, (example time line's) in one time line, no fish was brave enough to walk to shore, and therefore man never existed. one time line, science never evolved & people resorted to magic. one time line, women are the ultimate species of man. one time line, the ice age never ended & penguins ruled the earth. time line's happen when someone make's a decision to act or not to act, to be in one place or another, at the right time or wrong. time line's happen even when your reading this. a Tree perhaps, would be the best way to describe time line's. when ever 1 branch is born 2 more show up & then 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256. so that means all our worlds come from one prime SpaceTime, the first space, were the first decision was made. what made it, we may never know. we all came from something, but were did that something come from?
(JesterOfArkham94)

Edited on by jester94

(3DS FC) 4468-1141-2979
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkJesterOfArkham94?feature=mhee
i post club nintendo code's.
i only troll at Komic store's & at Komic Kon.

The_Fox

Speaking of sports, ever wonder why Americans call it Soccer?
www.slate.com/id/2255959/pagenum/all/

It's an abbreviation of association football. Both soccer and American football come from the same set of precursor sports, which became popular in upper-class English schools in the early 19th century and spread across the Atlantic. All these games involved advancing a ball through an opponent's territory and scoring at the far end, but the rules varied from place to place. Ultimately, the version adopted as standard in the United Kingdom came to be known as association football, while another set of rules won out in the United States. Thus the Americans took to calling their gridiron variety football, and referred to the British sport by the slang term soccer, derived from the soc in association.

The history of football goes back hundreds of years, but the modern variety can be traced to the English boarding-school athletics craze. Every school played its own version of "football," which led to confusion when players from one school met players from another. As the game spread, there were numerous attempts to devise a set of rules that everyone could follow. These tended to be hampered by acrimony between the schools and by anxiety about the fate of English masculinity. At least one impassioned advocate asserted that if English players were not allowed to hack one another in the shins, they might as well surrender to the French.

Finally, in October 1863, a group of representatives from 11 old boys' clubs convened at the Freemasons' Tavern in London to iron out a compromise. Calling themselves the Football Association, they held meetings for two months, then published The Book of Rules of Association Football, by a Group of Former English Public School Men. At the final meeting, however, the representative from Blackheath dramatically withdrew when the group voted to disallow shin-hacking and carrying the ball, longstanding traditions of the game as played at the Rugby School. Thus, at the moment when it was supposed to be unifying, English football split into two codes, association and rugby. Less official—or less English—versions of the game also continued to go their own way. Australian rules football, for instance, had been codified years before the Football Association first met; and Sheffield rules football, popular in England's industrial north, wasn't absorbed by the F.A. until 1877.

From this Victorian snarl, still more forms of football emerged. The gridiron style that now holds sway in America evolved in the later 19th century, from versions of rugby and association football that had been imported to the United States from Britain. For many years, the gridiron game was only one of many forms of football played in America.

Around the world, the F.A.'s version of the game continued to be called association football to distinguish it from the rest. In the 1880s, popular British slang took the soc from association and turned it into soccer. Throughout the first half of the 20th century, soccer, football, and soccer football were used more or less interchangeably throughout the English-speaking world. After a while, however, football began to prevail in countries where the F.A.'s rules were most popular, while soccer rose to the fore in countries (the United States, Canada, Australia) where a different version of the game predominated.

The current United States Soccer Federation was founded in 1913 as the United States of America Foot Ball Association. It was renamed the United States Soccer Football Association in 1945. The organization finally dropped the word football from its name in 1974.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Aviator

Did you know Lady GaGa is a man.
Untitled

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

JayArr

YellowChocobo wrote:

We play it better than the Americans play Rugby, let's leave it at that

Fun little known fact: The United States has won twice as many Olympic Gold Medals for Rugby than Australia.

Edited on by JayArr

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

LzWinky

KomicZ wrote:

Fun fact: It's not a fact if it only could be true

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Meta-Rift

KomicZ wrote:

Parallel worlds? You mean like two planets right next to each other? Lies! Worlds are round, not flat!

Meta-Rift

komicturtle

Yes huh. Okay- There are parallel worlds to us

did you know Miyamoto invisioned Kirby to be yellow but Sakurai wanted to keep him pink. His "White iteration" in his first game Kirby's Dreamland was not only because the Gameboy's monochrome graphics, obviously, but in the Japanese box art and commercials, he was always pink compared to the US where he was always shown as white because of the confusion they had, up until Kirby's Adventure on NES.

komicturtle

LzWinky

The voice actress for Cortana from the Halo series is the same actress who plays Princess Peach.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

komicturtle

And Lucas?

Edit: Nevermind. It's Lani Minella who voices Lucas, Pit and Lyn. And she's known to voice Ivy in the Soul Calibur games.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.