Forums

Topic: Computer Problems (Overheating and CPU Usage Reaching 100%)

Posts 41 to 48 of 48

darkfenrir

I'm crying from whether or not you guys see that I already said that I'm not sure whether I can find the parts, living in a not-capital-city do that for you, it's very unsure if there's money even if there is, and plus I never had an experience nor there is someone experienced with this thing that I'm close to.

And postal service in this country-- the less I said about it the better. Unless I magically lives in Europe or United States or at the very least Singapore, nope, no can do here.

darkfenrir

Lan

Mine started out around $400 but I've been incrementally upgrading it, now I can safely say it's pretty high end. Next is a platform change and I'll be set for a few years at least.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

SCRAPPER392

darkfenrir wrote:

I'm crying from whether or not you guys see that I already said that I'm not sure whether I can find the parts, living in a not-capital-city do that for you, it's very unsure if there's money even if there is, and plus I never had an experience nor there is someone experienced with this thing that I'm close to.

And postal service in this country-- the less I said about it the better. Unless I magically lives in Europe or United States or at the very least Singapore, nope, no can do here.

I'm not really sure what we can do to help besides what we've already said.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

darkfenrir

uwu Yes I know, and that's why I said thank you.

But I guess if people have the same problems they can see solutions here, hopefully so. I rarely met anyone that has the same problem though, I just seem unlucky to get all these problems.

darkfenrir

shinesprite

darkfenrir wrote:

I have tried to open the rear cover before, there's 4 screws and they all just don't want to raise up further than the point of which they are on the same height as the rear cover, and so I can't pry them off.

And the price I paid for cleaning it before is around US$ 5, give or take.

If it was only $5 you shouldn't feel too guilty.

The back screws on most laptops have retainers and plastic clips to hold the back plate in place. This is partly done to avoid losing screws during light disassembly. Just un-tighten them all (sometimes they hide one under a label or something), lightly jiggle the back to ensure that all the screws are unfastened, and then figure out the right way to angle off/slide off the back plate. Of course, $5 isn't too bad if you find this kind of thing to be too much.

Also, What model # is your Compaq?

@EveryoneElse Perhaps we should back-off a little, I think it's becoming too overwhelming. Also, I know towers/Desktops are more configurable, but @darkfenrir really sounds like he wants to deal with a laptop and, seeing as his issue is the focus of the thread, we should respect his wishes.

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

darkfenrir

@shinesprite

Thank you very much, I do want to deal more with laptop, mainly because I don't know whether I'll bring this computer to uni, and I don't want to spend more money than I need to.

And my Compaq is: Presario CQ42. It has Intel i5 M430, and ATI Radeon HD 5430

Ah... I'll try that, thanks! Currently, the only computer (that can be used) is only my laptop, so... yeah ^^;;

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@shinesprite

Thank you for the links! I'll certainly look at them and give them a try.

darkfenrir

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.