Forums

Topic: Computer Problems (Overheating and CPU Usage Reaching 100%)

Posts 21 to 40 of 48

shinesprite

@darkfenrir I actually did know that Compaq was made by HP (and Gateway is made by Acer). Regardless of brand (yes, even Apple), computers will break down and customers will become dissatisfied.

. . . but hey, at least there'll always be demand for my skill-set!

shinesprite

darkfenrir

@shinesprite

That's true. But then, Apples are also known as a good computer manufacturer (my sister has hers for 4-5 years and it's working fine, and hers never overheats like mine.

True, true. But I would love it if I don't need to repair this thing or bringing it to maintenance every 6 months or so...

darkfenrir

SCRAPPER392

Try this:
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing/why-is-my-cpu-runn...

If it's an hardware problem, it could be a number of things, but this would be the first thing to try.
Also, building a computer isn't that hard like many have already said. It really depends on what kind of computer/laptop you want to build and what your budget is.
I don't think buying a computer from a retailer is a bad idea either, but again, it really depends on what you use it for. Sometimes it's cheaper one way or the other.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

darkfenrir

Well, after keeping the fan to have better access to blow outside (and having an external fan and a fan blowing outside), the temperature is better and the CPU Usage seems to fall following the temp.

@SCAR392 And just like I said, in above post, I can't be sure on what's the price nor whether there'll all gadgets around my city. That's the damdenest thing, South-East Asia (and not living in capital city, and unless you live in Singapore)... it really sucks to find anything (from good books, electronics (we get everything late and the good ones are always out of stock whee >>;; ), games, good and free wi-fi, the list just goes on and on)

darkfenrir

SCRAPPER392

If it's hardware, try this:
http://lifehacker.com/5570909/how-to-prevent-your-computer-fr...
Some of it's pretty obvious(like keeping away from fire), but this is all I'd be able to think of besides overactive/demanding programs.

EDIT: You're only chance might be opening it and doing a repair yourself(if it needs it), unless you're willing to pay for a repair.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

darkfenrir

@SCAR392

And the highest one I see is the Idle System Processor, which the description is saying how much time the processor has an idle time (which I think is going to proportionate with how many programs and tabs I'm putting on the background)

And thank you for the links. I definitely need some of them anyway

darkfenrir

Lan

Do you have any programs running in the background? And first thing's first, clean out those fans. Unplug everything, including the battery, take off the rear cover, and blow it out with some air duster. Don't be afraid, unless you do it in the shower you won't have any problems. Never pay for something as simple as cleaning a laptop. Also, download CCleaner and run that. It'll clean up everything and help your computer run smoother.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

darkfenrir

@Lan I just remembered now, we tried to open the rear cover and the problem is, the screw that is securing it just refuse to get up.

And I already have a CCleaner, it's only that I never used it. =w=" I'll use it now, thanks.

darkfenrir

SCRAPPER392

darkfenrir wrote:

@Lan I just remembered now, we tried to open the rear cover and the problem is, the screw that is securing it just refuse to get up.

And I already have a CCleaner, it's only that I never used it. =w=" I'll use it now, thanks.

Make sure that you can find a way to hold whichever component that is in place. Loose parts is always bad.

Qwest

Lan

Is the screw stripped? It's always good to clean a computer every now and then, find a way to get it off. And don't buy a Macbook unless you're one of those people who think Beats and flat billed caps are the greatest thing ever. Very overpriced. Same with Alienware. Building a PC is the easiest thing ever and much cheaper than buying one.

Dragon friend safari

Lan

SCAR392 wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

Make sure that you can find a way to hold whichever component that is in place. Loose parts is always bad.

The rear cover on my laptop hasn't had screws in it in over a year, never posed a problem

Dragon friend safari

darkfenrir

@Lan and @SCAR392

I have tried to open the rear cover before, there's 4 screws and they all just don't want to raise up further than the point of which they are on the same height as the rear cover, and so I can't pry them off.

And the price I paid for cleaning it before is around US$ 5, give or take.

darkfenrir

SCRAPPER392

Lan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

The rear cover on my laptop hasn't had screws in it in over a year, never posed a problem

I've read loose parts as a main cause for some problems. It never hurts to ensure the integrity and fastening of the laptop components(especially in a laptop).

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Has anyone ever driven a car that didn't have the engine fastened inside? That's the best comparison I can come up with that describes how important 'keeping things together' can be.

Qwest

Lan

SCAR392 wrote:

Has anyone ever driven a car that didn't have the engine fastened inside? That's the best comparison I can come up with that describes how important 'keeping things together' can be.

Engines are mechanical. The only mechanical parts in computers are HDDs and fans. That's a terrible comparison. A rear cover is just a piece of plastic or metal

Dragon friend safari

SCRAPPER392

Lan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Engines are mechanical. The only mechanical parts in computers are HDDs and fans. That's a terrible comparison. A rear cover is just a piece of plastic or metal

This goes for other parts of the computer is what I meant, and it depends on how the parts are held inside for whether it matters or not. I thought he said a screw was loose on the inside. That's why I brought it up.
If it's something hardware related, he's going to have to open it up or pay for a repair.
Building a new laptop isn't that far off from repairing it, in terms of assembly(assuming you can pinpoint the problem). If only one part is broken, I don't see why you would have to entirely replace the computer.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Tasuki

To be honest building a laptop is pointless. Laptops aren't meant to be upgraded they are more for convenience. If you are building a computer you are going to want to go with a desktop.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SCRAPPER392

Tasuki wrote:

To be honest building a laptop is pointless. Laptops aren't meant to be upgraded they are more for convenience. If you are building a computer you are going to want to go with a desktop.

Meh. It really depends on what you want from a computer.
I could buy a ToughTablet case on eBay, and convert it into a stronger PC/table hybrid thing than it was at retail. I don't have money for it really, and nor do I really want to, but I know how to.

Qwest

Lan

Yeah, and laptop parts aren't easily available. Sure, you can go on Ebay and Frankenstein together random parts and hope it fits inside whatever enclosure you have, but it's gonna cost a ton and perform like poo. Just build a desktop. Tons of fun. And super easy. And you can put cool lights in it and build it specifically for your needs

Dragon friend safari

irken004

I spent around $700 to build my desktop, works very well. Intel core i5, radeon HD 7850, 16 gb of ram and a 2tb drive along with the other stuff. It was really a DIY kit from Newegg, just had to assemble it myself which was rather easy.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.