Forums

Topic: Comment on the Signature of the Person Above You

Posts 14,341 to 14,360 of 21,313

Hokori

Tsuchinoko wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Milkshake :F

Hey, I wanted to chat with you about the Japan stuff. If you want some unbiased, honest advice, I'm here. Do you have MSN messenger or skype?

Sorry I don't have MSN or Skype it would be good to have an unbiased advice from this site... For once, the reason I want to move there so fast is, even though I'm young, I don't want this sorta thing to end up like a lot of things I do in life where I hold it off for a long time, I put down a goal for about a year, but it might take longer, but as long as I have that goal, it makes me try harder

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

blazerhot

I did alot of research.......i going as a tourist first, ahabara in tokoyo is filled with anime stores......u gonna add me?

Hey! My 3ds fc is 5370-0953-5181! Looking for people who play multiplayer often, nice people or japanease speakers to improve my skills

Tsuchinoko

blazerhot wrote:

I did alot of research.......i going as a tourist first, ahabara in tokoyo is filled with anime stores......u gonna add me?

Yeah, but...just because there are anime stores...I mean, it doesn't mean you should live here based on that. Honestly, there's a lot more to moving to a country than having an interest in pop culture. Anyway, like I said, come here as a tourist, even for a week. See the country, as a real thing, not a thing you see in pictures or in animation.

For me, and a lot of people who move to a country, the relationship you have with it is like a marriage. You're with it for better or worse (and believe me, there are times where I get really frustrated and upset at things here). But I'm here for the long run, which is why when I meet young people who say they want to live here, but have never been here, experienced life here and all its amazingness and craziness, its hard to hear that without wanting to know why.

@Harmoknight well, do you have facebook?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Hokori

^yeah... But I don't really like giving my FB out, even though your nice.... Sorry I'm more comfortable handing out FriendCodes, since if they don't turn out the way I thought I could delete them without them knowing too much about me

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

HarmoKnight wrote:

^yeah... But I don't really like giving my FB out, even though your nice.... Sorry I'm more comfortable handing out FriendCodes, since if they don't turn out the way I thought I could delete them without them knowing too much about me

Ok, understood. Sorry, I can't really connect to the internet, so its up to you about that, but I feel if you're serious about the Japan thing, I'm sure there's a lot of questions you probably want to ask, freely. I've been living here for years and I feel you could use the honest advice.

blazerhot

Tsuchinoko i am a advanced anime artist and i want to visit japan for many reasons...... i need to learn how to speak/read it better. i wanted to get animal crossing from japan but i wont be able to read it, sigh

Hey! My 3ds fc is 5370-0953-5181! Looking for people who play multiplayer often, nice people or japanease speakers to improve my skills

Auracle

Not to intrude, but I am also fascinated by Japan. Do you think you could create a forum where you answer questions about Japan (if something like that doesn't already exist)?

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Tsuchinoko

blazerhot wrote:

Tsuchinoko i am a advanced anime artist and i want to visit japan for many reasons...... i need to learn how to speak/read it better. i wanted to get animal crossing from japan but i wont be able to read it, sigh

But that's fine, by all means, visit Japan, often if you can, but visiting and living in a country is very different. Like I said, if you really want to learn Japanese, nothing will stop you, it basically has to be your lifestyle. You have to dedicate so much time to it. Once you start really learning a language, you'll know that a few random language questions with some random person online are just a waste of time. Get those books, watch videos, do whatever you can.

Hmm, Animal Crossing is very, very text heavy. I did the Animal Crossing Nintendo Direct translation for this site. If you don't read or speak Japanese, it would be very hard to navigate the game. You should just get the English version, and when your Japanese gets better, if you want to still play an Animal Crossing game, play the next release in Japanese. I feel like you'd just be putting yourself in a corner with a purchase like that.

Of course, do whatever you want, but if you don't read or speak Japanese, and the game has sooo much in game text, instructions, and even speaking parts (with the megaphone device), it might cause you needless frustration.

Tsuchinoko

The_Other_M wrote:

Not to intrude, but I am also fascinated by Japan. Do you think you could create a forum where you answer questions about Japan (if something like that doesn't already exist)?

It exists, but its run by people that don't live in Japan, and I don't like going to that forum because they talk about things I find offensive sometimes.

blazerhot

I want to get new animal crossing from japan, its gonna take forever to come out in america! It coming out november in japan

Hokori

We should talk about Japan in the Japan discussion thread, and if anyone come in all offensive we make them stop

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

HarmoKnight wrote:

We should talk about Japan in the Japan discussion thread, and if anyone come in all offensive we make them stop

You're right. We're moving this thread off track, and that's disrespectful to the user that created it. Lets move the conversation there.

Tasuki

I am looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 2 as well even though I have never played the first one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tsuchinoko

No idea who Kevin Nash is. Either way, yes...Luigi's Mansion 2 is a day 1 buy.

blazerhot

lets talk in the japanese thread

Ideal_Hero

@blazerhot I'm sorry if I've led you to believe I was a Japanese speaker. I've really wanted to learn it but I haven't been able to. I had to take Spanish instead.
Good luck improving your skills though!

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Hokori

We're you talking about earning $$$ the NMH way? If so I don't think you'll get $500 for mowing a lawn

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

StarBoy91

How much stuff do you have?

To each their own

Hokori

RetroBrony91 wrote:

How much stuff do you have?

I just have a lot of games I buy (granted most are VC and under $10, but it still adds up) and I just want to do things smarter so I can actually go there and live there, once there I can spend more

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic