Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 901 to 920 of 5,198

Retro_on_theGo

iphys wrote:

Well, I didn't want the statue because it would collect dust, and as it is I have to box most of my stuff away because it just makes me too asthmatic when I go to dust stuff off. Posters I could conceivably put on my wall without having to worry about them gathering much dust. I bet the special printing effect on the Luigi's Mansion poster makes the ghosts look really cool.

What does the special printing effect usually do to the posters? As in, if Nintendo has used them on other posters they released, what did add to those posters? Just make them shinier or something else? I'm leaning towards the cards right now.

iphys

Apparently on the Zelda poster set the special printing effects were foil stamps for the logos and one of them was matte with a transparent glossy logo, so I'm wondering if they might have made the ghosts glossy on the Luigi poster or something like that.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Odnetnin

I have concluded that the cards are worthless pieces of garbage that I will just stick in a drawer somewhere and never touch again, and while the posters are equally worthless pieces of garbage that I will just stick on a wall somewhere and never touch again, at least they're shiny and I can look at them.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

bobhobob

TinyOddy wrote:

I have concluded that the cards are worthless pieces of garbage that I will just stick in a drawer somewhere and never touch again, and while the posters are equally worthless pieces of garbage that I will just stick on a wall somewhere and never touch again, at least they're shiny and I can look at them.

this.
When I went to claim my platinum reward earlier, the only platinum reward avalaible was the cards. I COULDN'T GET THE POSTERS. Whatev, cards are still cool.

bobhobob

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

TysonOfTime

I see people complaining. I don't comprehend.
Whatever disappointment you have currently is based on some preconceived notion that you'd be getting something amazing. Both the Cards and the posters could be Club Nintendo prizes, and that's what the end of the year Platinum gift is: A free exclusive Club Nintendo product.
I think Nintendo is wishing they didn't give out that statue a few years prior. Now everyone expects something they spent time making.

BTW: Both the Plat. rewards look a lot better than last year's. Posters and Cards worse than Pins? Bring out those who say so. I need to bash some sense into them.
I want that Kid Icarus poster.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Undead_terror

well im not complainning about the platinum rewards,the cards look nice and I hope its better then most cards(like don't get ruined easy)and my friend ordered the posters becausse he liked it.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tasuki

Well I ended up getting the posters. Not bad but I rather have wallscrolls cause I dont like ruining my posters with pins or tape when I put them on my wall.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

brooks83

Hmm, it would have been nice if they offered games that I didn't already download with Club Nintendo coins.

brooks83

iphys

Lol, it is kind of funny the only one that wasn't a previous CN freebie is the $4 Game Boy game (which will probably be available for 100 coins soon then). Probably would have made more sense to offer games they haven't offered yet. If I hadn't already got Majora's Mask for 150 coins I would have been seriously tempted to get that over the platinum rewards. Maybe not good thinking on Nintendo's part to offer repeats, since it would probably save them money on rewards if they could sway more people into choosing the games instead. When I first saw the rewards page with all the games we'd been offered already, I assumed the posters and playing cards were also former rewards that were being re-offered, so I was pretty horrified for a minute or two, yikes!

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

ivanmata

I chose the cards, they look great, the only problem is that I'll get them by the end of december, this is the first time I get an elite status reward, has anyone gotten their reward earlier??

ivanmata

ivanmata

@Shadow100 Thanks, it would be great if I got it around september, it would feel like a birthday present.

ivanmata

Link-Rogers

april

PSN I.D: Link-Rogers
3DS: 5284-1957-7276
Game Center: Mr_Buttons
Favorite Game Companies: Telltale Games, Square Enix, Nintendo, Playstation/Sony

RR529

I got the cards. Who am I to complain, they're free!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Layton4evr

I selected the cards, but I still think the "Non Specific Action Figure" as reward would have been cool. Anyway, I made one of my own using clay and paint
Untitled

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3DS Friend Code - 2964-8790-3323

akacesfan

Hey, why aren't the games avaliable? I went to redeem and get Metroid II, but it's only giving me the options of either the calendar or the cards. What gives?

Go Leafs Go!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.