Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 5,198

Undead_terror

Well you get the point, you can have two games and get the character included, or you can get one version and pay $4 for him...or a bit more if you missed out on the promotion. Also Ebay is a online store where anyone is a seller...so your point is invalid, it ain't no Wal-Mart.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

ignrulzover9000 wrote:

Not really free though, since you had to buy two games and there are copies of the soundtrack on eBay right now.

So pirating games is legal because <made up reasons> and it's a rip-off to buy a product and receive said product, plus a small bonus. Your new account is on a roll here.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ignrulzover9000

CaviarMeths wrote:

ignrulzover9000 wrote:

Not really free though, since you had to buy two games and there are copies of the soundtrack on eBay right now.

So pirating games is legal because <made up reasons> and it's a rip-off to buy a product and receive said product, plus a small bonus. Your new account is on a roll here.

It's just a way Nintendo thought of so that people buy both versions.

ignrulzover9000

Gridatttack

I got the code in the end, I just had to keep trying.

Was going to get tropical freeze, but dunno what happened.
Went AC instead.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

ignrulzover9000

Undead_terror wrote:

Well you get the point, you can have two games and get the character included, or you can get one version and pay $4 for him...or a bit more if you missed out on the promotion. Also Ebay is a online store where anyone is a seller...so your point is invalid, it ain't no Wal-Mart.

I did not say Nintendo was the one selling them on eBay.

ignrulzover9000

Tasuki

Do us all a favor and just get out of here if you are just here to cause trouble.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Bleep

ignrulzover9000 wrote:

So if you buy both versions of super smash brothers four you get a soundtrack that they could have sold in stores and a additional charactor that could've been put on Nintendo eshop for 99 cents. That was definitely a scam.

Not quite. Plenty of people were planning on buying both the 3DS and Wii U version of Smash Bros. (since the 3DS one came out quite some time before the Wii U one came out), so this was just something that Nintendo threw in for a little bonus for those buying the console version of it. I don't know why anyone would go out and spend $40/$60 (depending on the version you're missing) to get a $3.99 character for free, so Nintendo didn't do that to make people go out and buy it, but reward those already buying both versions and even persuade those on-the-fence about buying the game again.

As for the soundtrack, it's a nice little bonus that was added in as well. Sure, Nintendo could have thrown it out in stores, but they would have had to constantly make copies and worry about how they'll sell, whereas with them throwing it in as a bonus, they could just make enough for everyone who's redeemed the codes for both versions of the game. If you really want the soundtrack, eBay will be your best bet for getting a copy.

Scam - a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
I don't see how this was a "scam" at all, as Nintendo didn't falsely advertise anything or promise something that people didn't receive. Maybe might be unhappy with how exclusive they made the soundtrack or the inclusion of a free character after buying both games, but that doesn't turn it into a scam. After all, Nintendo could have just not included anything at all for owners of both games.

Anyway, it's sad that Club Nintendo is just about over now. I just redeemed Metroid II, the last thing I'll ever be able to get from it. While other regions might have had better reward options than NoA's did (I'm looking at you, Japan), it was still a nice program that I'm glad was available to us. Its physical rewards were really nice and practical (those blue and maroon DS pouches, I bought one of each and use both since they're actually pretty cool), and being able to get eShop games with coins is great, too.

Edited on by Bleep

Justlink

If you wanted Mewtwo but didn't want both games he's available for purchase. Th CD is for those who bought both games, those people probably wanted both, like me and my friend. The CD isn't worth much, but its a gift to those who supported both versions, as well as the Mewtwo code. You seem upset that these things aren't available unless you buy them online now because you probably didn't get them. Nintendo did not force anyone to buy both versions and I'm pretty sure the CD and free Mewtwo code swayed very little people.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Sparx

Finally got tropical freeze! The site was frustrating but the thank you message was very nice

My avatar is from here

Undead_terror

ignrulzover9000 wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

I did not say Nintendo was the one selling them on eBay.

I know, it's only people who got it from promotion trying to get a quick buck, the CD's don't have any barcodes so they could price it whatever they want.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@Sanya haha take your time, you have the whole month. Traffic should slow down soon enough. Let me know if you're interested to trade.
@L8T Wasn't sure if I understood you correctly, but let me know if you're interested.

@DiscoGentleman
You still want to trade? Finally managed to sign in, and I do have Gold status.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

...sighs Guess he's gone then, go figure. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

I was finally able to get my free digital version of New Super Mario Bros. 2, then I sold my physical copy and bought a $20 eShop card which got me NES Remix 2 and Dot Arcade. I think that was a good deal lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Undead_terror

Just got my second platinum reward now, so I got Ultimate NES Remix and Mario Golf world tour, still waiting for a response from Nintendo about that code I was suppose to get for the theme.

Undead_terror

Nevermind then....
"Thanks for writing. In regards to your question, the free Famicom Theme is only available for those who purchase a physical copy of Ultimate NES Remix, or a digital copy through the Nintendo eShop. This means that copies redeemed with a Club Nintendo code will not be eligible. While I know this may not be what you wanted to hear, please know that I have made your inquiry available for other departments to thoughtfully review and consider. Thank you for your understanding. "
Welp...at least I got the game for free.

Nintendo_Ninja

I got NSMB 2, but I heard DLC was available. It isn't on the E-Shop. How do I get it?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I got NSMB 2, but I heard DLC was available. It isn't on the E-Shop. How do I get it?

3DS DLC are always available in the ingame stores and by no other means. What this means is you need to turn on spotpass and then after some time you'll see a notification saying the ingame shop is available.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintendo_Ninja

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

3DS DLC are always available in the ingame stores and by no other means. What this means is you need to turn on spotpass and then after some time you'll see a notification saying the ingame shop is available.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.