Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 5,198

yokokazuo

@SleepingCrossing actually you can download the game while your 3DS is closed after selecting download now. Tapping download later will make the game start downloading whenever the 3DS is in sleep mode. (Also while it is on the download screen, you can tap download later on the bottom screen.)

Btw, Wii U games (at least Game & Wario) appear to add to digital deluxe. I just got 399 points.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Th3PlaidHatter

Unca_Lz wrote:

Instead of spending $4 per person, they give out $5 - $30 games. Nintendo is so freaking cheap!

It isn't quite that simplistic. If Nintendo did like so many people are saying and give us $20 for the eshop, then that is 20 dollars per person that they have lost. This is for a company already losing money. That is just plain idiotic.

Instead, they offered some high quality games that have been out for a while and the sales are down. They give those for free, and maybe someone gets Game and Wario that wouldn't have before like I did, it with a friend, then they buy it. That was pure profit.

Or someone gets Donkey Kong Country Returns for the 3DS that wouldn't have before, likes it, and gets Tropical Freeze on Wii U. Pure otherwise missed profit.

Maybe they are thinking about bringing Mother 3 to the US but the sales so far put them right on the fence as to whether it is profitable or not. They offer Mother 2 (Earthbound) for free, get the feedback from the survey, and either translate it and bring it over (pure otherwise missed profit) or find that it probably wouldn't sell, saving millions.

Someone else just missed out on gold or platinum, sees the games they missed out on and get jealous because they were so close and goes ahead and buys one or two. Or they don't notice the email or just don't pick their game in time. Again they go ahead and pick up a couple. Pure otherwise missed profit.

In rare instances someone will pick up a game from this that they would have otherwise bought, but that is going to be far more rare than one of the above (or several other) scenarios above. In all cases if they give credit they miss out on profit.

Physical items are pure revenue losses too, because no one that didn't get it through the club would have (or have had a chance to) buy the item, and they cost real money, even for people who just order something because there isn't anything they really want. This does not apply to the lo the digital games that we got.

They picked the games that they did for a reason. Every one of them. It is as basic as you can get for marketing (think Best Buy is doing BOGO in the US next week because they love you? No, they are getting you in the store to help their profits).

Want your crappy stuffed animal gift or calendar next year? Do everything you can to make sure that Nintendo makes a profit this year. Otherwise they have stuffed animals and calendars at Barnes and Noble, go knock yourself out.

Th3PlaidHatter

Nintendo_Ninja

^Is this guy a market director or something? He hit it out of the park!^

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

iphys

The trouble is this is supposed to be a "special" reward we're getting, not the dusty games they can't sell, so this is just going to infuriate the people that actually bought all those games, which really doesn't make sense for a customer loyalty program to treat it's best customers the worst. And with no exclusive rewards, no one's going to be afraid to miss out on getting elite status anymore, because the reward won't be anything they can't just easily buy on the eShop, so no need to buy new games to get the coins when you can just buy used and save your money. Even though I'm not one of the rare people that bought all those games, this now motivates me to buy fewer Nintendo games in case they later offer them as the elite rewards, because I wouldn't want to be in the position of the people that religiously bought all of these games only to end up with no reward because of it. Overall, I think this has to be a fail for Nintendo if it's motivating people to buy fewer games overall. If there had been at least one exclusive reward, even if it was just a simple digital download like Doc Louis's Punch-Out or that Japanese Club Nintendo Picross game, I would have thought this was the best year ever though, because for your average person there is a decent selection of rewards, but there's just nothing to really motivate people that it's a necessity to achieve elite status anymore.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Justlink

@iphys So, we get rid of club nintendo and have no rewards at all to keep from angering people?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

simonhwsn

I can't decide which one to pick, the one I want the most is NES Remix, but I know if I redeem it I'll regret later for not getting a $30 game instead

simonhwsn

iphys

justlink wrote:

@iphys So, we get rid of club nintendo and have no rewards at all to keep from angering people?

Honestly, the way CN is now, Nintendo would probably be better off without it. At first I felt motivated to get elite status to get special things like Doc Louis's Punch-Out, and even some of the regular rewards on the web site were cool enough to make you want to earn a lot of coins to get them. The way it's degenerated, I stopped buying Nintendo's VC games out of fear they'd be offered as rewards, especially since there aren't any new physical rewards for me to want to spend my coins on, so what else will I do with them if I buy all the VC I want and then all they're offering me are the games I don't want? Now, I'm going to be afraid of buying any Nintendo game $10-$40 in value in case it's a platinum reward for next year. Any customer loyalty program that makes you afraid to buy the company's products is clearly doing something wrong.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Klimbatize

iphys is speaking a lot of truth.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

HeroOfCybertron

I got an email earlier today from Nintendo saying I won a Kirby: Right Back at Ya! video for my 3DS.

Edited on by HeroOfCybertron

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

Rintyrocks

Whats the file size of Donkey Kong Country 3D and Game and Wario? Cant find it on the eshop and that's the deciding factor because I have limited space on my 3ds.

Rintyrocks

3DS Friend Code: 4828-5504-9607 | Nintendo Network ID: mememe1000

What_Sthat

DKCR3D is over 17000 blocks.

Game(s) right now: Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon, World of Final Fantasy Maxima

LzWinky

I think they should at least offer eShop credit like in Europe

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Rintyrocks

Webby-sama wrote:

DKCR3D is over 17000 blocks.

Oh snap that's waaaaaay too many. O.o

Rintyrocks

3DS Friend Code: 4828-5504-9607 | Nintendo Network ID: mememe1000

bezerker99

When I bought my Wii U back in April of last year, one of the first things i did (of course) was do a Wii System Transfer.

(I may have told this story before but) I've been taking my extra, unused Club Nintendo coins and redownloading some classic games onto my Wii.

So far, I've got A Link to the Past, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2, and Paper Mario.

Do I have these games already either in cart or VC form (on Wii U)? YES
Do I want some of these games back onto my Wii? YES!!!!

My Wii is hooked up to a TV in my bedroom and it would be nice if I could play a VC game with my wireless Wii Mote + Classic Controller on it while lying down. In this regard, I have no problems with Club Nintendo offering the same games to us sometimes. I used to say to myself, "Crap. Another game on CN that I already have." But now I see it as an opportunity to put some fun games back onto my barren Wii.

All jokes aside, growing up I did a lot of my gaming while on my bed. I'm sure i'm not the only one. And my Wii U Gamepad's signal just will not reach in there. (I do have it set up now where I can easily unplug my Wii U and bring it into the other room and play using Off-TV with the gamepad).

Anyways....it was kind of a bummer to see all the negative responses lately to CN. I wish I could spread a little bit of the love I have for the service to everyone here.

Edited on by bezerker99

Storytime7

I'm not too disappointed about the rewards, mostly because I had forgotten I even qualified for gold this year (so that was a bit of a surprise, I guess). Physical rewards are nice, but...I don't know, it doesn't seem too bad getting a reward I'll actually get some use out of (I got the Majora's Mask soundtrack as a reward last year and it's still sealed). Ended up getting Wario Land II.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

HeroOfCybertron

@iphys

iphys wrote:

HeroOfCybertron wrote:

I got an email earlier today from Nintendo saying I won a Kirby: Right Back at Ya! video for my 3DS.

Lol, what? Is that a joke?

What are you talking about, it was a contest I entered through Nintendo Video and I won a download of the Kirby: Right Back at Ya! eposode that was on Nintendo Video a couple months ago?

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

kingston589

HeroOfCybertron wrote:

Lucky :/

Currently Playing: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered and Bayou Billy
Youtube: PlatTheFormer
Steam: PlatTheFormer

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.