Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 5,198

yyyy89786

Unca_Lz wrote:

I don't particularly care if it's exclusive or not. I get the feeling that a lot of members have this sense of entitlement

yyyy89786

Nintendo_Ninja

Am I the only one who is happy with the platinum rewards? They are giving us FREE, fully fledged, retail games that would cost you $30. The VC games might be weak, but Game and Wario and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are nothing to sneer about compared to a calender or a thing of playing cards. I can only sympathize with those who already own all these games.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

LzWinky

brewsky wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I don't particularly care if it's exclusive or not. I get the feeling that a lot of members have this sense of entitlement

It doesn't help that Nintendo is putting salt in the wound as well....

Nintendo wrote:

Elite Status gifts are limited exclusively to the year that they were offered, so it isn't possible to select a gift from a previous Club Nintendo year. We offer a brand new set of Elite Status gifts each year - their exclusivity is what makes them special!

Salt in the wound? It's free stuff. There is no wound. Everyone is freaking out over something that they do NOT pay for. They pay for games, not the coins (unless they buy codes for whatever reason)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nintendo_Ninja

SleepyCrossing wrote:

I know some people are disappointed and I sympathize with that, but personally I'm okay with the Platinum rewards. On a more positive note, I need help deciding what to get

Dr. Luigi looks like a glorified medically-themed tetris thing.
Game & Wario would be nice but I really only do single player so it would be a little disappointing.

I don't actually know anything about Fluidity/ Dillon's Rolling Western/ Mario & Donkey Kong Minis
I guess that leaves NES Remix, Earthbound, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

I want Earthbound but DKCR3D has a larger retail value. But at the same time, I just purchased DKCTF for Wii U. Are these games too similar, would I get bored of Donkey Kong? It also doesn't contribute to the Deluxe Digital Promotion. Decisions, decisions..

If you liked Tropical Freeze, get Returns 3D.

8BitSamurai

I don't really care about them, but I don't really blame people for wanting some physical rewards.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

LzWinky

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Am I the only one who is happy with the platinum rewards? They are giving us FREE, fully fledged, retail games that would cost you $30. The VC games might be weak, but Game and Wario and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are nothing to sneer about compared to a calender or a thing of playing cards. I can only sympathize with those who already own all these games.

One issue I can see is if someone already owned the games.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FriedSquid

Consider that if Nintendo gave us an exclusive figure instead, I could probably resell that years later and get more money than I would need to spend on one of these games. It's not really worth it, even if you don't want physical rewards.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

dumedum

Here's a song to all these people disappointed with these awards. Just for you, a new song to coincide with the awards (P.S. I already have 3 Yoshi plushies):

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

SleepyCrossing

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Precisely. This is why companies don't usually do these kind of rewards. People are never happy, even with ... FREE, optional rewards >> As someone said above, there is no "salt in the wound" because there isn't a wound and I feel bad if you consider free games to be the salt ><

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

Yoshi

SleepyCrossing wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Precisely. This is why companies don't usually do these kind of rewards. People are never happy, even with ... FREE, optional rewards >> As someone said above, there is no "salt in the wound" because there isn't a wound and I feel bad if you consider free games to be the salt ><

Ok, it's official.

No one understood the point I was trying to make. Yes, I am a little disappointed, but I am happy with the free game. I was just speaking with perspective, and no one got my point. I should just stop now.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Nintendo_Ninja

Here's my big decision
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D: The original was fun, but extremely hard. I heard they added new stuff, but I'm not sure if it would be worth getting.
Game and Wario: My sister and I love Wario Ware games, and this one seemed fun in the demo.

Undead_terror

I'm use to having physical rewards for platinum, but I will get Donkey Kong CR3D because I don't have it, it should also give me some CN coins as well!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

aang4526

Anyone willing to trade a Golf Reward Status game for an Earthbound code? I really want to play Earthbound and already own most of the gold status games on 3DS from the digital promotion.

aang4526

kingston589

zack4812 wrote:

Yep, just got Dillon. Hope it's good! I have NES Remix, Game&Wario (spent $50 when it came out..) and EarthBound. Donkey Kong Country 3D didn't interest since I had already the Wii version.

You shouldve waited on dillon. It was a regular reward in like november.

Currently Playing: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered and Bayou Billy
Youtube: PlatTheFormer
Steam: PlatTheFormer

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589

ejamer

brewsky wrote:

Ok, it's official.

No one understood the point I was trying to make. Yes, I am a little disappointed, but I am happy with the free game. I was just speaking with perspective, and no one got my point. I should just stop now.

Lots of people got your point, just not everyone. Don't worry about it.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Th3PlaidHatter

Am I reading this right? Some people wanted tape instead of a free game? Because it is "exclusive" and not just anyone can get the tape? Man, this is so weird.

Th3PlaidHatter

SCRAPPER392

I'm fine with the rewards. Game & Wario and DKCR3D are definately the best ones there. I'll be getting Game & Wario.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Nintendo_Ninja

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm fine with the rewards. Game & Wario and DKCR3D are definately the best ones there. I'll be getting Game & Wario.

Me too.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.