Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 3,651 to 3,670 of 5,198

she_gamer

I just about jumped on DKCR, but I think I read somewhere that it's 17,000 blocks? Is that right? Meh, I do already have the Wii version.
Question for everyone: IF you didn't have any of these games on any system, which one would you get?

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Blast

I can actually get Earthbound... this is awesome!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

2Sang

Blast wrote:

what you didn't have $10 before? You must have spent more than that getting platinum.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Prof_Clayton

It just annoys me that they had physical rewards planned. The elite status page clearly said, All rewards will ship by December 2015.
Seriously? It just bugs me that we could have had a good reward, but instead they couldn't do it because I assume too many people went platinum. Ugh.
I really would love to see a third tier, at 1000 coins. It would be exclusive, yes, but still reward their biggest fans a little more. Because getting 600 coins is easier than ever right now. And will most likely only get easier.
I do appreciate the free game however, but I'm already platinum for the next few years. Would love to splurge in one year and get something great, but I'll take a game.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

ejamer

elhozzo wrote:

people keep writing stuff like ... 'Although I like the idea of downloads as rewards, the selection should be even wider because chances are that a fan who goes through the survey process and bought enough games to get platinum already has most of what's on offer.'

not sure what they base it on ...

I got platinum, had 2 of the 16 games already ...

They are basing it on their direct experience, which is just as valid as yours.

I own almost every game from the list that is at all appealing to me. Luckily I chose not to buy NES Remix (entirely because I expected it to show up on Club Nintendo at some point - otherwise I would have bought the game) so there was one good option for me. Physical goods would've been preferable but I don't mind this as a prize.

Glad the selection worked out better for you though.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Shotgunryugan

Really disappointed overall, only have a 3DS so my options were limited, was hoping for a music CD(Since last time I was only a gold member, and missed out on Majora's Mask, by like 15 coins IIRC >_>)

And just like last year, I already had most rewards they were offering.

Anyway, got Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, it's by far the biggest retail download I've got O.o I'm pretty sure it's bigger than Shin Megami Tensei 4, need to check again, but I'm pretty sure it's the biggest download I've gotten.

Very glad I switched to a 16GB SD card, or else I would have to either delete or buy a 32GB one.

I was meaning to get this game anyway, though didn't know if I should have suffered motion controls on the Wii or less framerate on the 3DS, but I guess the Elite rewards just made my decision

Granted, hopefully this means more Retail downloads rewards in the future, but I wouldn't like them to not give us anything physical like they did now.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on the rewards this year.

Edited on by Shotgunryugan

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

ejamer

she_gamer wrote:

Question for everyone: IF you didn't have any of these games on any system, which one would you get?

My opinion is that Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is the best game being offered. Granted you might already own it on Wii and/or 3DS.
After that, the quality and value of games being offered drops pretty significantly.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Blast

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

what you didn't have $10 before? You must have spent more than that getting platinum.

I have more than $10 on my Eshop account. I'm just playing it smart by waiting for deals Now Earthbound is free for me and I got money for even more games

Master of the Hype Train

2Sang

Blast wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

I have more than $10 on my Eshop account. I'm just playing it smart by waiting for deals Now Earthbound is free for me and I got money for even more games

Unless earthbound is the 1 game you didn't own, you're not being smart for deals. There's 2 options for $30, 1 for $20, 1 for $15 and 1 for $11

Edited on by 2Sang

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

Klimbatize

Noonch wrote:

@Klimbatize You can give me your Game & Wario code so I don't have to choose between it and DKCR. I was really hoping for some worthless trinkets this year. I guess this will do.

I already gave it to Peteza gaf, so sorry.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

CaviarMeths

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

Unless earthbound is the 1 game you didn't own, you're not being smart for deals. There's 2 options for $30, 1 for $20, 1 for $15 and 1 for $11

A $30 game that you don't like is worth nothing.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

elhozzo

@ejamer

my point is, by writing 'chances are that a fan who goes through the survey process and bought enough games to get platinum already has most of what's on offer.'' - the implication is most platinum owners will have most of the games on offer... thats not their personal experience, because they are individual platinum owners

its the opposite of their direct experience ... they are applying their own experience and imagining its the same for all - hence I am trying to point out, at least for me as platinum, I had a huge choice ...

anyway, clearly the whole concept has split the internet today - who'd a guessed??

elhozzo

The

Are you freaking kidding me..

I'm Canadian eh?

Klimbatize

elhozzo wrote:

@ejamer

my point is, by writing 'chances are that a fan who goes through the survey process and bought enough games to get platinum already has most of what's on offer.'' - the implication is most platinum owners will have most of the games on offer... thats not their personal experience, because they are individual platinum owners

its the opposite of their direct experience ... they are applying their own experience and imagining its the same for all - hence I am trying to point out, at least for me as platinum, I had a huge choice ...

anyway, clearly the whole concept has split the internet today - who'd a guessed??

My main point is it would be nice if there were options for everyone. At the end of the day it's all free, so yay. And don't get me wrong, I prefer digital downloads over rewards. I've only redeemed one physical reward from CN before....all my coins go towards more games. More selection would've been nice is all.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

Exactly! I do NOT want Game & Wario. Its more of a party game and I've never tried Earthbound before.

Master of the Hype Train

The

I guess I'm stuck between Dillon's Rolling Western and Dr. Luigi. Which one is better?

I'm Canadian eh?

The

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

Exactly! I do NOT want Game & Wario. Its more of a party game and I've never tried Earthbound before.

Get it for the points, though. You get 40 points on Club Nintendo, and 400 points on the Nintendo DDP which will give you 5 dollars for every 50 dollars you spent on the eShop. But then again, EarthBound is 1000000% better than that game. I do like the math minigame on there, though.

Edited on by The

I'm Canadian eh?

LzWinky

Prof_Clayton wrote:

It just annoys me that they had physical rewards planned. The elite status page clearly said, All rewards will ship by December 2015.
Seriously? It just bugs me that we could have had a good reward, but instead they couldn't do it because I assume too many people went platinum. Ugh.
I really would love to see a third tier, at 1000 coins. It would be exclusive, yes, but still reward their biggest fans a little more. Because getting 600 coins is easier than ever right now. And will most likely only get easier.
I do appreciate the free game however, but I'm already platinum for the next few years. Would love to splurge in one year and get something great, but I'll take a game.

My issue with this argument is that Nintendo shouldn't have to give their fans extra stuff. When you spend money, you get games and anything from Club Nintendo is a bonus. You do NOT spend $1000+ on Club Nintendo coins (unless you are ridiculous). You already got something for your money.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

Goes back to my point then. You didn't have $10 on you before hand?

Shotgunryugan

zack4812 wrote:

I guess I'm stuck between Dillon's Rolling Western and Dr. Luigi. Which one is better?

I've heard mixed things about Dillon, so I skipped it(Besides Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D being offered, which obviously costs more on the e'shop, so I went with that).

As for Dr.Luigi, it's basically Dr.Mario, so if you played one before you know what to expect.

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.