Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 5,198

elhozzo

well, I didn't want physical ... and I don't have a (US) 3DS ...
was very glad I decided to go platinum (I had thought of saving coins for this year - but it would have sucked to have been Gold for Wii U downloads only)

quality of games I was left with wasn't that high ... went for the most expensive (and retail too) Wario, with 50 coins bonus for this year too !

elhozzo

Jazzer94

Looking at this from the perspective of someone who doesn't get this sort of reward scheme from Nintendo I'd say just be happy that there is a wide selection to choose from, although this isn't as good as Previous years (for some) where a CD or Poster would have been offered instead it is still free and Nintendo have no obligation to even run the scheme so just be happy they do instead of complaining.

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I guess Nintendo cares more about the competitive melee community than us. They get tournaments and a new controller set up. We get a free download game selection where half of us don't want any of them.
Isn't it great that Nintendo loves its fans? :3

@Prof_Clayton I'm fairly certain you are joking around but still we both know the tournament was used to promote the game more so then support the competitive community, and I'm fairly certain Nintendo's plans for the GCN controller adapter are bigger then just Smash but it was the best game to introduce it with. Also keyword of the rewards are that they are free.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Prof_Clayton

Jazzer94 wrote:

Looking at this from the perspective of someone who doesn't get this sort of reward scheme from Nintendo I'd say just be happy that there is a wide selection to choose from, although this isn't as good as Previous years (for some) where a CD or Poster would have been offered instead it is still free and Nintendo have no obligation to even run the scheme so just be happy they do instead of complaining.

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I guess Nintendo cares more about the competitive melee community than us. They get tournaments and a new controller set up. We get a free download game selection where half of us don't want any of them.

@Prof_Clayton I'm fairly certain you are joking around but still we both know the tournament was used to promote the game more so then support the competitive community, and I'm fairly certain Nintendo's plans for the GCN controller adapter are bigger then just Smash but it was the best game to introduce it with. Also keyword of the rewards are that they are free.

Yeah, I'm joking, never take anything I say too seriously.
Although the selection of games is still disappointing to me, anyway.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

I'm guessing I'm one of the few people satisfied by this year's rewards... I thought the selection was pretty good.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

elhozzo

I'm happy (maybe not clear from my previous post)

had looked at last years ... if it was a Wii VC game like Smash Bros, it would be useless to me (don't have classic controller), so getting a full retail Wii U game for free is great !

elhozzo

BadKitty

They kept us waiting for that? They couldn't even give us good games, we just mean so much to them. Nintendo is only loyal to Japan that's why they get the good stuff most of the time.:/
Well we don't have to wait for December for it to ship. It's official Worst year ever.

Goes back to Club Sony~

Edited on by BadKitty

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

kingston589

Disgraceful, not even one physical reward?

Currently Playing: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered and Bayou Billy
Youtube: PlatTheFormer
Steam: PlatTheFormer

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589

mystman12

As disappointing as this is, I'm getting a copy of DKCR3D! (Although I kind of want to have the case as well...)

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

ejamer

I agree with what others have said: the selection of digital rewards is decent but I'd still MUCH rather have any physical reward available.

That selection is mostly negated by the fact that many Nintendo fans (myself included) have already bought some/all of the games from that list that interest them. Guess it will be NES Remix on Wii U for me, since that's the only game that I don't already own and have any interest in. (DKCR for 3DS was also in consideration, but I already own the Wii version and don't see any need to double dip.)

It's a huge disappointment that Club Nintendo in North America still hasn't offered a decent soundtrack CD either through the normal rewards or through end of year rewards. After seeing the Majora's Mask CD last year (a game with a weak soundtrack that really made no sense to be released at that time) I had grown hopeful we might see Super Mario 3D World this year... oh well. Gift horse and all that.

One thing I wonder about: it seems like getting to Platinum status is easier now than it used to be. Between new hardware and codes in many non-first party games, there are a lot of extra points floating around. Combine that with a weaker financial situation and maybe that's why there are no physical rewards?

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

bezerker99

I don't get all the disappointment. I, for one, am glad we are getting games instead of a piece of plastic, a toy, a lame wall poster, or some soundtrack to a game that was released over 15 years ago.

I love Nintendo because of their games, not the toys created from their games.

DKCR3D will now be mine!!!!!

Jazzer94

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Yeah, I'm joking, never take anything I say too seriously.
Although the selection of games is still disappointing to me, anyway.

Oh I can understand if you have all the games or none interest you hopefully you can trade or sell a code for something.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

_Ampersand_

Anyone wants to trade a Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D code for one of the Gold Rewards and any current Club Nintendo download reward?

Edited on by _Ampersand_

_Ampersand_

CaviarMeths

bezerker99 wrote:

I don't get all the disappointment. I, for one, am glad we are getting games instead of a piece of plastic, a toy, a lame wall poster, or some soundtrack to a game that was released over 15 years ago.

Because believe it or not, merchandise is popular. George Lucas is a billionaire because of it. The total revenue of Star Wars toys is almost as much as the total revenue of all other Star Wars products combined, including the films, video games, and books. Not everyone thinks posters are "lame."

I love things like arranged albums and art books and was hoping for something exclusive along those lines.

And because I already have DKCR3D. It helped me get Platinum this year.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

bezerker99

CaviarMeths wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Because believe it or not, merchandise is popular. George Lucas is a billionaire because of it. The total revenue of Star Wars toys is almost as much as the total revenue of all other Star Wars products combined, including the films, video games, and books. Not everyone thinks posters are "lame."

I love things like arranged albums and art books and was hoping for something exclusive along those lines.

And because I already have DKCR3D. It helped me get Platinum this year.

Then Nintendo needs to sell them in stores on shelves right alongside geeky Star Wars memorabilia.

Expectations from something as asinine as Club Nintendo is setting one's self up for disappointment, which is what happened here.

I'm sorry you guys didn't get what you wanted. Me....ever since CN started offering games as rewards - that's when I stopped with the petty merchandise. All those posters and soundtracks and pins and toys I've gotten from CN are on shelves collecting dust. I can do much more with games.

Speaking of which.....won't we still get CN points from downloading one of these free games? DKCR3D will, hopefully, give me the 30 points I need to download Paper Mario for free!!!

Gamecubed

I was a little surprised, but not disappointed.
It's probably just easier this way, and games were probably chosen based on what CN users had registered the least of. I like that they've given a large selection though.

Thinking about getting Earthbound. I'm not crazy about turn based RPGs, but I only ever hear good things about it. I don't have to pay for it either. That's probably the only game I'm super interested in.

Gamecubed

Justlink

Gamecubed wrote:

I was a little surprised, but not disappointed.
It's probably just easier this way, and games were probably chosen based on what CN users had registered the least of. I like that they've given a large selection though.

Thinking about getting Earthbound. I'm not crazy about turn based RPGs, but I only ever hear good things about it. I don't have to pay for it either. That's probably the only game I'm super interested in.

Get it, I don't regret buying it. It's way worth $10, but very lineary

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Justlink

_Ampersand_ wrote:

Anyone wants to trade a Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D code for one of the Gold Rewards and any current Club Nintendo download reward?

I might, but idk. The game costs $35 and I don't think it's worth a gold prize and a club nintendo reward. Any other offers. It doesn't have to be alot, but more than VC

Justlink

_Ampersand_ wrote:

I might, but idk. The game costs $35 and I don't think it's worth a gold prize and a club nintendo reward. Any other offers. It doesn't have to be alot, but more than VC

Oragami

This is a great opportunity for people to try Game & Wario. I loved it.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.