Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 5,198

e-love

I have nearly 800 coins now. I'm just not willing to break that unless its something good.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheDreamingHawk

Then do so. They are all great (Except Xevious, which is hard and is a little boring.) Even Urban champion is a lot of fun now they have the ranking system and the high score saves.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

moomoo

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Then do so. They are all great (Except Xevious, which is hard and is a little boring.) Even Urban champion is a lot of fun now they have the ranking system and the high score saves.

I played Urban Champion a while back through an emulator. I found it to be pretty bad. I guess different strokes for different folks, but I wouldn't think of Urban Champion as a game to recommend over other games, especially Xevious.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

TheDreamingHawk

That's because Urban champion on the NES IS a bad game. But the 3D classic version fixes the problems that made the original a bore fest, adding tons of cool differences to it. Plus you can play with a friend!

Snagrio

Got Excitebike. I guess it's good for quick minute long gaming sessions. Now that I think about it, a lot of my downloaded games are "quick plays".

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

e-love

The only downloadable games I've gotten so far from Club Nintendo have been:

• Donkey Kong '94 (Game Boy)
  • Kirby Super Star (SNES)

TheDreamingHawk

KaiserGX wrote:

I played with a friend on the NES version too lol. It's a lot like a Game & Watch game.

That's because it was based off of the Game and watch game known as Boxing.

e-love

KaiserGX wrote:

I missed out on Urban Champion when it was 3D Classics (as well as the others) didn't have a 3DS at the time. Hope it goes back up.

Do you mean on Club Nintendo or the eShop?

moomoo

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

That's because Urban champion on the NES IS a bad game. But the 3D classic version fixes the problems that made the original a bore fest, adding tons of cool differences to it. Plus you can play with a friend!

What made the original boring was the repetitive nature of the game, which hasn't changed. Not the fact that there's high scores. You could play with a friend in the original, but even then, why would I play this when I could play something so much better, like Street Fighter or Dead or Alive?

Best thread ever

ADaviii

Emaan wrote:

The only downloadable games I've gotten so far from Club Nintendo have been:

• Kirby Super Star (SNES)

</blockquote>

Huh...Kirby Super Star was the only game I downloaded from Club Nintendo too. I was contemplating Mario Tennis, but I decided not to go for it and held out for what I hoped would be something else that would catch my interest. Turned out it was the Barber Wiiware game . I would have gotten Fluidity, but I already bought that game outright after I played the demo a while back.

Edited on by ADaviii

Be kind to yourself and to others.

moomoo

KaiserGX wrote:

I would rather play Urban Champion then Dead or Alive.

...Really? A reason would be nice. I can't imagine why one would pick UC over DOA.

Best thread ever

e-love

I hope they do more rewards of Nintendo 64 games...

Like the original Paper Mario or Super Smash Bros.
Anything is possible, now that they have put up Majora's Mask.

Edited on by e-love

iphys

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Xevious is much better than Urban Champion. I think I played Urban Champion for all of 2 hours to complete it vs something like 37 hours for Xevious, and I'd rather replay Xevious any day. Xevious is challenging and intense. Urban Champion is mindless: you can pretty much get by any screen by timing a few hard punches in a row.

Anyway, Excitebike is a good reward. It's a nice improvement from the NES version.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

TheDreamingHawk

Well after 13 months of playing, I still can't get by the second level of Xevious. Which is why I hate it. Twinbee is better in my opinion.

Urban Champion is nowhere close to the best 3D classic of course, but it's still fun as a portable game. Considering how I hated the NES version with a burning passion, UC on the 3DS is probably the best version.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.