General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Dark Knight Rising Thread

Showing 341 to 360 of 387

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

341. Posted:

Well TDKR hit the $300 million mark in 12 days. Only two other movies have dont it faster and the was Avengers and The Dark Knight. Right now as it sits its the third grossing movie of the year right behind Avengers, and The Hunger Games.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WesCash

342. Posted:

Just saw the movie last night and I loved it.
Sure, there were some plot holes, cliches, and pacing issues, but the movie was filled with epic moments.
All of the actors did superb jobs. Bale, Hardy, Hathaway, Caine and the rest gave it their all.
Favourite part was probably when Batman finally got the upper hand on Bane and was yelling at him as he beat him down.
Overall, a great end to the trilogy. I'll definitely be buying this on blu-ray when it comes out.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Swiket

343. Posted:

Yeah I loved that part so much I decided to spoil it for people who haven't seen this movie yet.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

344. Posted:

How is "Batman fighting Bane" a spoiler?

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

WesCash

345. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Yeah I loved that part so much I decided to spoil it for people who haven't seen this movie yet.

If people are trying to avoid spoilers for TDKR, they probably shouldn't be browsing public forums on said movie.

They should just go to the theatre and see the thing.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Reala

346. Posted:

Great movie didn't like it as much as the first 2 personally but considering how great those where I hardly consider that a criticism.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

pixelman

347. Posted:

Reala wrote:

Great movie didn't like it as much as the first 2 personally but considering how great those where I hardly consider that a criticism.

I think this is my stance on the movie. It had a great ending, but everything before that wasn't as tight as the first two movies, I think. Still incredible. Catwoman and John Blake were AMAZING.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

Aviator

348. Posted:

The ending... :'(

alfred...

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

brooks83

349. Posted:

Other than Bane, I was pretty dissapointed in the movie. Too many unbelievable moments that really made you have to suspend belief, and this is a franchise that tries to be as realistic as possible (which I felt the first two films did a great job of that). Not a horrible movie, but certainly the worst of the trilogy.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

350. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Reala wrote:

[/div]

I think this is my stance on the movie. It had a great ending, but everything before that wasn't as tight as the first two movies, I think. Still incredible. Catwoman and John Blake were AMAZING.

Eh...I still enjoyed it more than Begins for some reason. I know I'm going to come off as hater (I love that movie to death), but the action was so much tighter and the spectacle and scope so much greater that Gotham became such a believable and fully realized world I was immersed to no end. The Joker and his actions obviously lent an even greater atmosphere to The Dark Knight, which also an expertly constructed plot, so that wins, but I think Rises shows just how much Nolan has evolved as a director in a lot of areas since 2005.

That said, there's no point ranking them really, since they stand together as a near-perfect trilogy (all imo, of course).

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

pixelman

351. Posted:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Reala wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Eh...I still enjoyed it more than Begins for some reason. I know I'm going to come off as hater (I love that movie to death), but the action was so much tighter and the spectacle and scope so much greater that Gotham became such a believable and fully realized world I was immersed to no end. The Joker and his actions obviously lent an even greater atmosphere to The Dark Knight, which also an expertly constructed plot, so that wins, but I think Rises shows just how much Nolan has evolved as a director in a lot of areas since 2005.

That said, there's no point ranking them really, since they stand together as a near-perfect trilogy (all imo, of course).

I really need to see it again. As I've said it moved at such an incredibly fast pace that I'm sure I missed a fair bit of important material, haha.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

352. Posted:

Fantastic movie. Loved it.

But the second one is still my favorite. To me, from best to great, it's Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman: The Dark Night Rises & then Batman: Begins in third. I'm picking up the trilogy pack (assuming there's coming one) on BluRay with these movies as soon as it gets released. Amazing trilogy.

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Emaan

353. Posted:

I loved this movie, especially the ending. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

354. Posted:

Just watched it :D. I almost wept for Alfred. The ending was beautiful. I still prefer dark knight, but this was still amazing!

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

355. Posted:

Just a heads up for anyone who is looking to get the Dark Knight Trilogy set which comes out this Tuesday. Right now you can order it from Amazon for $30 the regular price is $55 I believe. Not sure how long the deal will last so grab it while you can.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

356. Posted:

The mistake I usually make with Amazon is assuming that deals will go even lower, and then the price goes back up. Really glad it's Blu-Ray so I don't have to feel bad about not buying it (I don't have a Blu-Ray player, you see).

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

357. Posted:

Next to Madagascar 3,MIB3,The Amazing Spider-Man,and Wreck-It Ralph,I have a lot to get this holiday season(and into 2013,too).My dad already has TDK,so I don't really need to get the trilogy set.Also,I may have a big movie night at my house for Christmas.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

358. Posted:

It is an Amazing movie, my second favorite after the dark night (of all movies) but considering the dark knight is the best movie ever made, its not really a dissapointment that the dark knight rises isn't as good. I don't really remember Batman Begins being around that status, but its been a long since I've seen it although i did see the Dark knight first.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

359. Posted:

I didn't expect it to top The Dark Knight, as it lacked Heath Ledger and filmmakers tend to run out of steam by the end of a trilogy, but it still disappointed me even by those standards.

Christy Lemire, Associated Press wrote:

This is the problem when you’re an exceptional, visionary filmmaker. When you give people something extraordinary, they expect it every time. Anything short of that feels like a letdown.

This quote does a decent job of explaining my complicated feelings on the film. I know I don't really have any right to be so disappointed; Nolan co. put their all into TDKR, and individual scenes can be mesmerizing. They just don't come together in a cohesive fashion that makes sense and ends the trilogy in a satisfactory way.

Anyway, I actually came here not to rant about the movie but to link to some insightful interviews Nolan gave recently:
http://filmcomment.com/article/cinematic-faith-christopher-no...
http://www.indiewire.com/article/christopher-nolan-spends-the...
http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/christopher-nolan-talks-j...

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

pixelman

360. Posted:

It's not complicated for me. Miranda Tate had no backstory or development (well she did but she didn't), Joker wasn't in it, and it wasn't 4 hours long. If those were there the movie would have been perfect. Seriously, can you imagine how spectacular it'd have been if Bane, Joker, and Talia were all in the movie backstabbing and plotting together at the same time?

This trilogy mash-up trailer gives a good idea of what that would have been like:

It's unfortunate, but in the end it was Bruce's story, and it was magnificently told.

Edited on by pixelman