General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Dark Knight Rising Thread

Showing 321 to 340 of 386

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

321. Posted:

Currently watching Batman Begins on FX. Can't wait to see the new one next weekend! :D

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

CaPPa

322. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Best batman was kevin conory.

Best bruce wayne was christan bale.

I agree with Conroy, but Bale was an average Bruce Wayne imo. George Clooney would have been better than Bale in the role had he not been in such a stinky movie.

CaPPa

AuthorMessage

James

323. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@James how good was it comparatively to the other two?

Can't really answer until I've seen it another two or three times. Besides, my opinion on which of the first two is better changes regularly. At the moment I'd say probably TDK -> TDKR -> BB, but ask me another time and it'll probably change again.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

324. Posted:

Well here's a good sign I went to the theater today to see TDKR and all the shows but the last one tonight were sold out. :O So I will be going tomorrow to see it since I already got my tickets.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

325. Posted:

Wow what a movie. Overall I have to say it was a great finish to a great trilogy. I liked Bane a much better version than the "other" one. I like I made him more calculating and cold rather than just a mindless thug. Catwoman well Ann Hathaway was good but Michelle will always be hotter in my book.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

326. Posted:

Haven't watched it yet. Doubt Bane will be as good as The Joker in TDK, though.

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

327. Posted:

I'll probably go see it on Thursday. I don't know if it will live up to TDK, but it should still be epic nonetheless.

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

328. Posted:

It was an awesome movie, 10/10. Everyone needs to see it. I felt this one well out did the 2nd one.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Koos

329. Posted:

I think the movie is very cool especially the second half and the ending. Having said that I have no idea why there is hype over this and the other 2 movies. The plots and twists are pretty cookie cutter stuff. There was nothing original here that hasn't been done in conspiracy suspense crime thrillers before. And I think that's what bothers me. Cool movie but totally devoid of a any fantastic stuff. The music Adds a certain magic but something just too mundane about the while thing. I prefer the addition of uncanny stuff like in Tim Burton and xmen and spIdrman and avengers.
Now this is Gotham so why show the actual street names and subway Stations of NYC? That was incomprehensible to me. J actually spotted my old building. Cool but kinda loses the .make belief feeling of entertainment if they keep pretending it's a different city.

Koos

AuthorMessage

Koos

330. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Wow what a movie. Overall I have to say it was a great finish to a great trilogy. I liked Bane a much better version than the "other" one. I like I made him more calculating and cold rather than just a mindless thug. Catwoman well Ann Hathaway was good but Michelle will always be hotter in my book.

Ann wasn't even Catwoman. Just a cat burglar.

Koos

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

331. Posted:

Saw it in IMAX yesterday, and while the spectacle was impressive I felt ultimately underwhelmed with the plot. I think the Badass Digest review comes closest to summing up how I felt about it: entertaining enough without making good on its promise.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

332. Posted:

@SadPanda The more I read online about it, the less sure I am about how much I like it. I'm not saying that your opinion was influenced by what you read (doesn't sound like it was), just that in general it's best for all of us to stick to what our viewing(s) tell us. That said, upon having nine days to reflect on the film and listen to all three soundtracks that were a birthday present, I have decided two things:

1) It's not the masterpiece that was The Dark Knight; it has too many plot holes and pacing issues, as well as a general lack of excitement during the beginning and middle. At this point I would still rate it over Begins, but only many repeated viewings of the entire trilogy will help me come close to deciding for sure.

2) It also has (dare I say by far) the weakest soundtrack of the three films, which isn't to say that it's bad, only that it's underwhelming. Begins had a mesmerizing, exciting score, and TDK had a beautiful and haunting one, but TDKR doesn't have enough of either to make it compare favorably to the first two.

This is still one of my favorite films ever, and what I believe is a truly epic and fitting conclusion to the best movie trilogy that I've ever seen. The end is perfect.

Edit: Thought I would add that Tom Hardy's performance is absolutely spectacular. Bane may not be the Joker, but he's a fantastic replacement.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

333. Posted:

@Oddy: I thought the same about Bane. Funny thing is when Tom Hardy was announced for the part of Bane I was skeptical about him just like I was when they announced Heath as Joker. But like Heath did fantastic as the Joker Hardy did fantastic as Bane. My only thing is now Nolan isn't going to do no more cause I would have loved to see how and who he would get for some of the other villains from Batman's rouge gallery.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

KAHN

334. Posted:

SPOILERS!

i love the ending. the part where you must decide whether bruce is alive, or if it's alfred's fantasy was genius! i told my family that, and the only person that agreed with me was my older bro. but i don't care. they're all idiots.

SPOILERS ARE OVER!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

335. Posted:

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK

Spoilers, dude. There's plenty of people who haven't seen the movie yet.
While i agree that's a valid (and cool) interpretation of that scene, i don't think it's necessarily what Nolan was going for.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

irken004

336. Posted:

Saw it today, so here's a link to my spoilerish thoughts

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

337. Posted:

I apologize, but I do not know what Dark Knight Rising is.
If you mean The Dark Knight Rises, that movie was FREAKING AWESOME! :P

Edited on by SonicMaster

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

338. Posted:

SonicMaster wrote:

I apologize, but I do not know what Dark Knight Rising is.
If you mean The Dark Knight Rises, that movie was FREAKING AWESOME! :P

Its a typo. When I renamed this thread it was late at night and used the wrong wording. I could change it now but I kinda like it the way it is. Besides you all know what I mean. :P

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

339. Posted:

NOTE TO THE UNINITIATED: I WILL COMPLETELY RUIN THE MOVIE FOR YOU WITH SPOILERS IN THIS POST

@Koos Oh, of course. But they're not always so condescending about those opinions.

Anyway, since you asked for it...
Untitled

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

Koos wrote:

I doubt it will be as successful as TDK. Reviews are not that amazing and there's the whole thing about not having the lead actor die.

[/div]

1) Yup, reviews are totally not that amazing at all.

2) Last I checked, Heath Ledger was not the lead actor, great as he was. Or maybe you disagree with the Academy?

Setting aside for a moment that your above "opinion" was dripping with bias and negativity, let's look at your apparent response:

Koos wrote:

The movie i have not seen yet but critics reviews are not amazing. 86%. Ledger really was something special regardless of his official role he carried the previous filM.

Your evidence for it not being amazing is the number 86. My evidence for it being amazing is nine different reviews praising it to no end. Enough said?

Ledger was one of the greatest movie villains of all time, no question about that--but the way you phrased it: "there's the whole thing about not having the lead actor die." What were you trying to prove? That deep down, everyone thinks that they planned to have Heath Ledger die?! You're alone. TDK reference Whether his haunting and twisted performance led to his death or not, it's not like anyone that was a part of the franchise wanted him to not be available for the next movie...how would that make sense? Have no idea what you were trying to say there.

Koos wrote:

I think the movie is very cool especially the second half and the ending. Having said that *I have no idea why there is hype over this and the other 2 movies. The plots and twists are pretty cookie cutter stuff. There was nothing original here that hasn't been done in conspiracy suspense crime thrillers before. And I think that's what bothers me. Cool movie but totally devoid of a any fantastic stuff. The music Adds a certain magic but something just too mundane about the while thing. I prefer the addition of uncanny stuff like in Tim Burton and xmen and spIdrman and avengers.
Now this is Gotham so why show the actual street names and subway Stations of NYC? That was incomprehensible to me. J actually spotted my old building. Cool but kinda loses the .make belief feeling of entertainment if they keep pretending it's a different city.

Where to begin here? First of all, assuming you're really saying that you "have no idea" why there's been hype behind this trilogy, then I can help you. Nolan has attempted with these films what no director has even dared to try before with the superhero genre. The tone, atmosphere, and style are completely unique from what came before, and this can be seen in the overall grittiness of Begins, the random terrorism of the Joker in TDK, and the political themes of TDKR. If you need more examples, feel free to ask. I've never seen such tension created by brilliant juxtaposition as TDK SPOILERS the commissioner, judge, etc. all dying at the same time, and Batman interrogating the Joker as Harvey Dent and Rachel Dawes are forced to listen to each other die. END SPOILERS The drama is amazing. Not to mention scenes from the trilogy such as the openings of TDK and TDKR; the bank robbery and plane hijacking are astoundingly creative. That should take care of your "nothing original" assessment, but as for TDKR being "devoid of any fantastic stuff"--you loved the ending yourself. There were plenty of amazing moments in the movie, such as TDKR SPOILERS Bane breaking the Bat, his takeover of Gotham City, Bruce's escape from the pit, Foley sacrificing himself even though he was a coward for most of the movie, Blake trying and failing to save the orphans by himself, Batman sacrificing himself, Alfred's fantasy being realized, Blake discovering the Batcave, etc. etc. END SPOILERS Regarding the NYC locations, that comes down to personal preference as to some the terrorism hit closer to home since Gotham resembled a real-life location.

Well dang, it looks like you were just banned. :P

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

340. Posted:

Well TDKR hit the $300 million mark in 12 days. Only two other movies have dont it faster and the was Avengers and The Dark Knight. Right now as it sits its the third grossing movie of the year right behind Avengers, and The Hunger Games.

My Backlog