General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Dark Knight Rising Thread

Showing 281 to 300 of 386

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

281. Posted:

I'm really surprised that some idiot would show up to a big movie premier and gun down 14 people...

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

282. Posted:

What happened sucks. Hope the Justice system is swift with life imprisonment. My heart goes out to the families of people killed or injured.

With that said nintendolife isn't the venue as per the mode to have these sorts of talks for whatever reason.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

283. Posted:

It's horrible what's happened.
My thoughts are with all the families.
I'm just worried that someone will copy the act and this will happen again...

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

284. Posted:

TwilightPoint wrote:

It's horrible what's happened.
My thoughts are with all the families.

I would hope not. This seems to be completely out of the blue. On the news it seems that this guy had no prior offensives and for whatever reason snapped. Thought dude had to have this planes due to the amount of weaponry he had on him and the way his what he was wearing was described to be bane like.

I do this may kill any box office chances the movie may have had for better or worse due to parents being reluctant to take their kids. (Though I wouldn't reccomend any of the Nolan films for kids anyway).

My problem is how excatly did he get into the theatre in the first place. I guess they thought he was dressed up for the mo ie but even my local movie theatre checks props in to see if they are weapons before allowing the person in.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

285. Posted:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who were killed and injured.

TwilightPoint wrote:

Things are going to change so this won't happen again while it could happen, like terrorists blowing up the New World Trade Center, the probability of it happening again is low, hopefully.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

286. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

What happened sucks. Hope the Justice system is swift with life imprisonment. My heart goes out to the families of people killed or injured.

With that said nintendolife isn't the venue as per the mode to have these sorts of talks for whatever reason.

We're about 10 - 15 minutes out of Aurora, and I have some colleagues who intended to attend the premiere. It's very scary and I'm hoping they're all okay. Regardless, a lot of people got hurt and killed, so even if my friends are alright, somebody's friends (and family members) are not. And that's awful.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

287. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

My problem is how excatly did he get into the theatre in the first place. I guess they thought he was dressed up for the mo ie but even my local movie theatre checks props in to see if they are weapons before allowing the person in.

From what I've heard he knocked at the exit door, and somebody let him directly into the theater. So he didn't go through the lobby, didn't buy a ticket, didn't talk to any employees. Just directly into the room itself.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

288. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

From what I've heard he knocked at the exit door, and somebody let him directly into the theater. So he didn't go through the lobby, didn't buy a ticket, didn't talk to any employees. Just directly into the room itself.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was how he did it. Whenever I go to the movies I always see people sneaking in that way.

Sad thing is now that movie wont be remember how great it was but the movie that that guy went on a shooting rampage in a movie theater.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Koos

289. Posted:

I don't think it will affect the movie. Its.a horrible event. I wouldn't connect the two. This could have happened in a shopping mall. A terror terrible crime.The movie i have not seen yet but critics reviews are not amazing. 86%. Ledger really was something special regardless of his official role he carried the previous filM.

Koos

AuthorMessage

Reala

290. Posted:

Koos wrote:

I don't think it will affect the movie. Its.a horrible event. I wouldn't connect the two. This could have happened in a shopping mall. A terror terrible crime.The movie i have not seen yet but critics reviews are not amazing. 86%. Ledger really was something special regardless of his official role he carried the previous filM.

[/div]

86% isn't amazing?

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

291. Posted:

86% Percent is good.
I can't wait until it comes out on DVD.
I think I might buy the previous films in the meantime.

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

292. Posted:

I just heard the news about the DNR shootings. It's sick. Absoultley ******* sick. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families and friends of the dead and/or wounded

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

293. Posted:

Let's not immediately make light of the murders of innocent people. 'Kay?

Your friend, the mods who will be banning those who don't heed this warning.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

294. Posted:

Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Firejonie

295. Posted:

My heart goes out to those who have been killed, injured or suffered a loss of a family member or friend. I really hope something like this never happens again. Who would let him through the emergency exit anyway? Even worse, when the police tried to search his apartment. He rigged it with booby traps like explosives and people nearby were evacuated. As if this lunatic hasn't caused enough trauma and loss.

Edited on by Firejonie

Firejonie

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

296. Posted:

So many lives that shouldn't have been tarnished...

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

297. Posted:

Christopher Nolan wrote:

Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community.

I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime.

The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me.

Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

298. Posted:

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse.....

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

299. Posted:

CelebBoutique wrote:

We are incredibly sorry for our tweet about Aurora - Our PR is NOT US based and had not checked the reason for the trend, at that time our social media was totally UNAWARE of the situation and simply thought it was another trending topic - we have removed the very insensitive tweet and will of course take more care in future to look into what we say in our tweets. Again we do apologise for any offense caused this was not intentional & will not occur again. Our most sincere apologies for both the tweet and situation. - CB

On the topic of the film. It was absolutely amazing. Marion Cotillard and Anne Hathaway were perfect as spoilerface and Catwoman.
And that ending. Man. Need to see it again...
and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

Edited on by Aviator

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

300. Posted:

What a tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like in that theater during that event. So very sorry to the families and loved ones this has affected. My prayers go out to them, and I hope nothing like this ever happens again.

I had gone to see it the other night and it was great. A lot of twists and turns I never saw coming, and the ending was amazing.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07