General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Dark Knight Rising Thread

Showing 241 to 260 of 387

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

241. Posted:

This thread is long overdue for a revival.
Untitled
Batman sez: "See this movie in IMAX or Gotham will burn. Actually, it will burn either way."

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

242. Posted:

Cant wait. This means there is going to be a comixology sale on Brubaker and Cooke's Catwoman run and the Bane Centric Knightfall storyline.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

243. Posted:

Courtesy of The Dark Pixel himself: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34498

Tasuki wrote:

The newest teaser poster is out. One of the best movie posters I have seen in a while

Untitled

I have a t-shirt of this, and you bet I'm going to be wearing it at IMAX 12:01.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

244. Posted:

So, how does everyone think Anne Hathaway will be as Selina/Catwoman compared to Michelle Pfeiffer (sorry, I'm not personally throwing Halle Berry Catwoman into this, someone else is welcome to)? Could she top Pfeiffer, as Ledger's Joker arguably did the legendary JACK'S? I kind of think she'll wind up being more of a thinking man's Catwoman, with more drama and fewer lines like "meow", "saved by kitty litter", et cetera. Which is in keeping with Nolan's uber-serious take on Gotham City. Whatever the case, I think it's safe to say that Hardy's Bane will best Batman & Robin's. :P

Ironic that we're about to see the return of Selina Kyle. I think it's been almost exactly 20 years since Batman Returns!
Some Hathaway deliciousness to tide you over for the next few days. :P
Untitled
Untitled
Photoshopped Hathaway as Batman Returns Catwoman! ;)
Untitled
Untitled
No catsuit, but I'll just leave this here... :O
Untitled

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

245. Posted:

Not a fan of the catwoman costume. Rather have this
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Not a fan of long haired Selina. Doesn't make sense.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Swiket

246. Posted:

Batman is cool.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

247. Posted:

I watch Batman Begins the other night for the first time,and it was a brilliant movie,I wonder if this will better it?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

248. Posted:

Well IGN says that it'll appeal more to the Batman Begins-loving crowd, as opposed to those who prefer The Dark Knight.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

249. Posted:

Thats good. I think Begin's is still my favorite Batman movie. It walks a fine line between realism and comic booky instead of the somewhat uber realism that TDK goes for.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

250. Posted:

Truthfully I dont think this one will make as much as TDK. For one thing TDK had the most famous Batman villain of all time and second they really hyped up Heath Ledger's performance of Joker for the advertisements. Not to say that Heath didnt do a good job in fact I think his performance was brilliant. But the fact that it was Heath's final full movie alot of those dollars came from Ledger fans who knew nothing of Batman. Still I cant wait for TDKR unfortunately I am going to have to wait for my next day off from work to see it which is next Monday.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

251. Posted:

The movie is still going to do a lot. Will probably go see it firday or Thursday.

I'm really interested what they do for the reboot.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

252. Posted:

IMAX 12:01 for me (by necessity though, since I'm leaving to Canada early Friday morning).

I for one have no interest in the inevitable reboot--seriously, what's left to tell?

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

253. Posted:

TinyOddy wrote:

IMAX 12:01 for me (by necessity though, since I'm leaving to Canada early Friday morning).

I for one have no interest in the inevitable reboot--seriously, what's left to tell?

[/div]

Last I heard is and it may be a rumor, is that they want to do a Batman movie to eventually tie into a JL movie kinda like what Marvel did with the Avengers. Still I know for a fact that Bale is out since he said this is the last time he will be wearing the cape and cowl.

@Sony_70: Yeah it will do alot just not as much as TDK but than again I could be wrong.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

254. Posted:

L There's still a lot of stories. I would love to see a more detective based Batman even though I'm not sure it would be that popular.

Plus the current rumored is the next batman movie wont retell the origin and instead be a Year 2. Would love to go Back to supervillians pr going more into Batman vs organized crime like in Batman begins.

The beauty of comics is there are crazy amount of source material to draw from a make stories about. There are a ton of batman stories out there.

The long Halloween
The Black mirror
Court of Owls
Gates of Gotham
Hush
Gotham Central

I'm guessing were going to find out probably next year after Man of steel launches.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

255. Posted:

Batman was detective-like when tracking down Joker in The Dark Knight.

I figured you would cite all of the stories not told in the Nolan films, although TDK took inspiration from The Long Halloween. I just feat that it's going to end up a lot like The Amazing Spider-Man (but hopefully they'll have the sense not to repeat the origin story): a good movie with new characters (read: villains) and plot points, but not dramatically different or refreshing than what came before it. I'm burnt out on the very idea of reboots at this points.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Swiket

256. Posted:

I liked The Amazing Spider-Man but a lot of it didn't make sense and only was for plot convenience even though it defied logic. I think I have a new appreciation for the Raimi films, although no one's going to defend Spider-Man 3.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

257. Posted:

Spider-Man 2 was an all-time great superhero film, and 1 wasn't too shabby either. 3 was an unmitigated disaster.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Koos

258. Posted:

86% on rotten tomatoes now although only about 40 reviews in so far. Hilarious to read about 600 comments attacking every bad reviews. Nolan's batman fans are pretty extreme.....
Personally I liked Michael keaton the best as Batman. His portrayal was pure genius. You could feel the guy was totally insane and dark with each stare each word. It was the best I've ever seen for minimalist acting, And the movie was awesome too. The car. The joker. The toys. The music. The costume. I really don't see how the Nolan movies even compare although they are impressive and Ledger was.... uncanny.

As to the best superhero film of all time I have to go with spidey 2.

Edited on by Koos

Koos

AuthorMessage

Koos

259. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

I remember hearing about that comic where Bane broke Batman's back a long time ago but never read it.Was he paralyzed after that? You'd think that would've ended him right there.

Considering Bruce Wayne was still walking in the Batman Beyond cartoon, I highly doubt his back was broken.

His back was broken. He doesn't get paralyzed though.

If the movie was about this I guess my copy of Batman 500 was it? Will be worth more. I have it sealed on the closet from the days I collected comics (92 to 99 but mostly only till 94 lol).

Koos

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

260. Posted:

TinyOddy wrote:

Spider-Man 2 was an all-time great superhero film, and 1 wasn't too shabby either. 3 was an unmitigated disaster.

3 was only a disaster cause the flippin studio had to put Venom in it for the fanboys even agains Raimi's wishes not to. Venom was the type of character that needed to be the main villain and not thrown in as a second villain to play back up to another one.

As for greatest superhero film of all for me that would have to be Avengers.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4