General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Dark Knight Rising Thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 387

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

221. Posted:

I don't know maybe I'm just oldschool but I like my Batman a little less growly and not as psychotic
This modern Batman is all RAAAAAARRRRGGHH. Damn batty calm the hell down and take your meds.
People used to think the Burton Batman's were shocking but in this new version he's insane.
Okay I will admit I liked Batman Begins. It was different but at least it was better than Batman and Robin.
I guess I just have a soft spot for those burton movies seeing as how I was a kid when they came out.
I didn't care if they matched the comics. It was Batman and that's all I really wanted.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

222. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Haha wow.

Yep the Last issue comes out tomorrow and will be on hiatus until sometime next year when It comes back as Batman: Leviathan the conclusion too Grant Morrison's Batman run.

The coolest part of Bruce being Dead (or time warped) was seeing Dick Grasyon Taking over Batman and Bruce's son becoming Robin.

Gave us three of the Best Batman Runs in a while.

Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison (Damien Wayne FTW)
Untitled
Untitled

The Black Mirror by Scott Snyder
Untitled
Untitled

Gates of Gotham by Scott Snyder and Kyle Higgins
Untitled
Untitled

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

223. Posted:

@shingi_70

It seems the comic book industry is the only place left where hand-drawn art still thrives. It used to be like that in the animation industry, but CG animation and Flash killed it. :(

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

224. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@shingi_70

It seems the comic book industry is the only place left where hand-drawn art still thrives. It used to be like that in the animation industry, but CG animation and Flash killed it. :(

One of the reason's I was disappointed Bruce Timm's new Green Lantern cartooon looks like this

Untitled

instead of this
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

225. Posted:

Mask of the Phantasm or whatever wasn't a bad movie, pretty mature.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

226. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Mask of the Phantasm or whatever wasn't a bad movie, pretty mature.

Its tied with Batman Begin's as my favorite superhero movie.

The DCAU as a whole is pretty mature. The only thing inconsistent about it is when the series merge. BTAS Isn't set in any time peroid and to a lesser extent STAS. Then Justice League has this weird kinda modern day/Future Motif. That could be becuase Justice League/Static Shock take place a few years after BTAS and STAS.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

227. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Mask of the Phantasm or whatever wasn't a bad movie, pretty mature.

Its tied with Batman Begin's as my favorite superhero movie.

The DCAU as a whole is pretty mature. The only thing inconsistent about it is when the series merge. BTAS Isn't set in any time peroid and to a lesser extent STAS. Then Justice League has this weird kinda modern day/Future Motif. That could be becuase Justice League/Static Shock take place a few years after BTAS and STAS.

Static Shock is a real DC Comics superhero? I thought he was made up for that KidsWB cartoon.

And about the whole CG vs hand drawn thing:
I like CG when it's done well (Pixar, Dreamworks), but there are also plenty of terribly animated CG cartoons. The same can be said about hand drawn animation. Everyone has their own tastes, I'm just very discerning about animation as an art form.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

228. Posted:

Static Shock is the best.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

229. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Mask of the Phantasm or whatever wasn't a bad movie, pretty mature.

Its tied with Batman Begin's as my favorite superhero movie.

The DCAU as a whole is pretty mature. The only thing inconsistent about it is when the series merge. BTAS Isn't set in any time peroid and to a lesser extent STAS. Then Justice League has this weird kinda modern day/Future Motif. That could be becuase Justice League/Static Shock take place a few years after BTAS and STAS.

Static Shock is a real DC Comics superhero? I thought he was made up for that KidsWB cartoon.

And about the whole CG vs hand drawn thing:
I like CG when it's done well (Pixar, Dreamworks), but there are also plenty of terribly animated CG cartoons. The same can be said about hand drawn animation. Everyone has their own tastes, I'm just very discerning about animation as an art form.

Static is from the 90s. R.I.P. Dwayne Mcduffie
Untitled

He also has a new series
Untitled

Static Was one my favorite cartoons as a kid and I wished I had knew about the comic. I mean this was one of those time where the Hero looked like me and Lived in a Neighborhood like mine. Then I got the added enjoyment of seeing someone who fits me teaming of with Batman and Saving the Justice League. I really enjoyed it when I got older and found out how all the DC cartoons were related. (i never though much as a kid.

Pretty Sure that's why Spider-man and Static are in my top five superheroes of all time.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

230. Posted:

Static was originally created for the cartoon IIRC, and also had a comic which was outside the "standard" DCU at the time (but was part of the DCAU). He has since been brought into the "proper" DCU. It's a shame Dwayne passed away just as Static really hit the "big time" so to speak.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

231. Posted:

Are any of you guys reading the Batman new 52 reboot? I think it's phenomenal.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

232. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Static was originally created for the cartoon IIRC, and also had a comic which was outside the "standard" DCU at the time (but was part of the DCAU). He has since been brought into the "proper" DCU. It's a shame Dwayne passed away just as Static really hit the "big time" so to speak.

No the cartoon came after the comic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milestone_Media#Debut

Also this is how imagine batman talking to Gordan
Untitled

Not sure if its been posted but The design of his Mask and Bane's character is based off the mutant leader from TDKR.

Untitled

The movie seems to adapt some stuff from the comic as well.

Edited on by shingi_70

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

233. Posted:

Untitled

Harvey Dent Represents the 1%.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

234. Posted:

New trailer is out. Kinda looks like Catwoman might be an anti hero in this one from the looks of it.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shadow100

235. Posted:

Would it be this one?

Backloggery | Now Playing

Twitter: shdw100

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fuzzy

236. Posted:

The one I saw at the beginning of The Avengers, but I think it was pretty much the same as an earlier one.

EDIT: Oh, that's a new one. Getting pretty excited for it now.

Edited on by Fuzzy

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

237. Posted:

Want it in my pants. Or in Catwoman's non-existent pants.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

238. Posted:

Words cannot describe how excited I am to see this. It looks so... amazing.

/me watches for the seventh time.

The new score is absolutely incredible too.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RevolverLink

239. Posted:

As excited as I am for this movie, I'm still trying to wrap my head around a 50-year old Hines Ward outrunning an entire defense/imploding stadium. :p

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sykotek

240. Posted:

Saw The Dark Knight Rises trailer as a preview before The Avengers finally. I had previously been trying to avoid it, but alas... Anyways, now that I know some of the characters who are in it, I have to admit that I haven't really read many Batman DC Comics since the Knightfall days, so I don't know of any other stories Bane has been in. Does anyone else familiar think this will mean they'll pull a MGS 2 and have Azbats? Also, I wonder how a movie audience would take something like that...part way through the movie.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.