General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Dark Knight Rising Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 386

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

161. Posted:

I wish somebody really would break Batman's back.
Why should he always come out on top? Let the bad guys win for once.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

162. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

The first two burton Batman's were childhood favorites of mine. Jack Nicholson was hillarious as the joker!
Danny Devito was disgusting as the Penguin. Remember that dead fish eating scene? Yuuuck!
I also like the Batman Returns version of Catwoman way better than this new one in Dark Knight Rises.
That's not Catwoman. No ears, no claws and no class.

And no whip. It's like her tail.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

163. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I wish somebody really would break Batman's back.
Why should he always come out on top? Let the bad guys win for once.

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

164. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I wish somebody really would break Batman's back.
Why should he always come out on top? Let the bad guys win for once.

To be fair Spider-Man was almost beaten to death by the Green Goblin in the first movie.

Speaking of Spidey, anyone else pissed about the movie reboot? What's the point of rebooting the Spider-Man films? The series is only 10 years old, and the first 2 movies are some of the best superhero movies ever made. We all know the origin story, Sam Raimi told it just fine in the first Spider-Man movie. There's really no need to start all over again with a different actor in the Spider Suit.

And I heard they are going to do more practical effects / stunts, and rely less on cheap-looking CG. How will that work? Swinging Spider-Man around on wires?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

165. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

I wish somebody really would break Batman's back.
Why should he always come out on top? Let the bad guys win for once.

To be fair Spider-Man was almost beaten to death by the Green Goblin in the first movie.

Speaking of Spidey, anyone else pissed about the movie reboot? What's the point of rebooting the Spider-Man films? The series is only 10 years old, and the first 2 movies are some of the best superhero movies ever made.

The quick answer money. Anyway there is a Spiderman thread somewhere if youd like to discuss that movie please stick with the Dark Knight or Batman related in this thread.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

166. Posted:

I remember hearing about that comic where Bane broke Batman's back a long time ago but never read it.
Was he paralyzed after that? You'd think that would've ended him right there.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

167. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I remember hearing about that comic where Bane broke Batman's back a long time ago but never read it.
Was he paralyzed after that? You'd think that would've ended him right there.

Considering Bruce Wayne was still walking in the Batman Beyond cartoon, I highly doubt his back was broken.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

168. Posted:

I've actually never watched a single episode of Batman beyond.
I was more into the Animated series from the early 90's.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

169. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

I remember hearing about that comic where Bane broke Batman's back a long time ago but never read it.
Was he paralyzed after that? You'd think that would've ended him right there.

Considering Bruce Wayne was still walking in the Batman Beyond cartoon, I highly doubt his back was broken.

The story arc where Bane fought Batman he indeed did break Batman's back and made him a paraplegic causing someone else to take up the Batman suit and identity. I dont remember right now but Wayne eventually gets healed and comes back as Batman.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

170. Posted:

Batman Beyond was a very good cartoon. It's set in the future, with a new version of Batman. An old Bruce Wayne trains a kid named Terry to take up his cause of fighting crime, and there are many new villains (Example: the Joker has inspired a gang to cause chaos in his name, and the new Batman has to stop them).

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This is why I love hand-drawn animation. It has a certain quality that Flash animation can't duplicate. The drawings are done by hand, then scanned into the computer and painted digitally.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

171. Posted:

Ya, Batman Beyond was actually pretty solid....Not quite as good as the 90's Animated series but still definitly worth checking out nonethelessy'. Will Friedle, The older goofy brother from Boy Meets World does the voice for Terry aka the new Batman. That aside, the fact that it's set in the future still turns me off. Anything for the most part with a futuristic setting just doesn't appeal to me for some reason....Especially when it's Batman.....And ESPECIALLY when it's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! eek! :p

Untitled
And when the art direction is like that, it just makes everything 10x worse. straight edged artifical blocky & sharp simplitic unappealing crapOla is how i see it.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

172. Posted:

I should probably check out Batman Beyond. I don't know why I never watched it before.
Sounds interesting anyway.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

173. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
And when the art direction is like that, it just makes everything 10x worse. straight edged artifical blocky & sharp simplitic unappealing crapOla is how i see it.

Oh I definitely agree. But that art style was influenced by the early 90's Batman cartoon. Same angular character designs.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

174. Posted:

Batman Beyond is excellent. Seriously, check it out if you haven't watched it, as well as the two episodes of Justice League Unlimited that served as Beyond's (kind-of) finale/epilogue.

Also FYI, Will Friedle is currently voicing Lion-O in the new Thudercats cartoon (which is quite good as well)!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

175. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Batman Beyond is excellent. Seriously, check it out if you haven't watched it, as well as the two episodes of Justice League Unlimited that served as Beyond's (kind-of) finale/epilogue.

Also FYI, Will Friedle is currently voicing Lion-O in the new Thudercats cartoon (which is quite good as well)!

He also did a voice in Teen Titans but for the life of me I cant remember who.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

176. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
And when the art direction is like that, it just makes everything 10x worse. straight edged artifical blocky & sharp simplitic unappealing crapOla is how i see it.

Oh I definitely agree. But that art style was influenced by the early 90's Batman cartoon. Same angular character designs.

really? I don't remember Batman being 'that' angular, but it's been quite a while since i've watched it. It almost feels like ever since Dexter's Laboratory(Which was fresh and pretty great during the time) reared it's head, the artificial plain & souless straight edged look started to ignite the cartoon industry big time.

The only cartoons that i watch nowadays are.....oh wait. :p
Then again, Dragon Ball Kai is a nice(in it's own way) fresh take on DBZ, and even though it boasts superior voice acting(for the most part, although a few voice changes have me scratching my head) it doesn't have one single ounce of atmosphere due to the score in comparison to Faulconer's from the original Z dub which was miles better(aside from a few or so unfitting weak techno-ish tracks and some circus-like sounding tunes.) What's even worse is that kai's original score was ditched to due to copy right infringement and they resorted back to the horribly and severely dated weak sauce original Japanese score....and they editing out so much awesome filler.

Anyways, what do you think of Adventure Time by the way? I've seen a couple of episodes and I just couldn't get into it regardless of it's trippy psychadelicness. And I still haven't seen the new Beavis & Butthead episodes yet. I seriously need to get on that! :p

And sorry, this is completely going off topic. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

177. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

I remember hearing about that comic where Bane broke Batman's back a long time ago but never read it.
Was he paralyzed after that? You'd think that would've ended him right there.

Considering Bruce Wayne was still walking in the Batman Beyond cartoon, I highly doubt his back was broken.

His back was broken. He doesn't get paralyzed though.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marvelz

178. Posted:

Yea, Get the bat chair!!

Battlefield 3 Multiplayer tips - Kino Der Toten strategy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

179. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

really? I don't remember Batman being 'that' angular, but it's been quite a while since i've watched it. It almost feels like ever since Dexter's Laboratory(Which was fresh and pretty great during the time) reared it's head, the artificial plain & souless straight edged look started to ignite the cartoon industry big time.

The only cartoons that i watch nowadays are.....oh wait. :p
Then again, Dragon Ball Kai is a nice(in it's own way) fresh take on DBZ, and even though it boasts superior voice acting(for the most part, although a few voice changes have me scratching my head) it doesn't have one single ounce of atmosphere due to the score in comparison to Faulconer's from the original Z dub which was miles better(aside from a few or so unfitting weak techno-ish tracks and some circus-like sounding tunes.) What's even worse is that kai's original score was ditched to due to copy right infringement and they resorted back to the horribly and severely dated weak sauce original Japanese score....and they editing out so much awesome filler.

Anyways, what do you think of Adventure Time by the way? I've seen a couple of episodes and I just couldn't get into it regardless of it's trippy psychadelicness. And I still haven't seen the new Beavis & Butthead episodes yet. I seriously need to get on that! :p

And sorry, this is completely going off topic. :p

Never seen Adventure Time. I don't have cable, just Netflix.

Another thing, that flat, angular, thick line look of Dexter's Lab was inspired by the Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the 1960's (The Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, etc.). Hanna-Barbera Inc. produced Dexter's Lab, along with 2 Stupid Dogs, Johnny Bravo, and Powerpuff Girls (coincidentally all Cartoon Network shows), so it's only natural that their art style would be prevalent in those cartoons.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

180. Posted:

@WaveBoy Fast Forward was terrible compared to the slightly older, real show. Even though the alternate-reality future episode in the original series gave me nightmares as a young child.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin