General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Dark Knight Rising Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 386

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

101. Posted:

I don't think Batman taking the fall for Harvey Dent is what causes him to "fall"; he brought that upon himself, he knew the consequences and challenges going in. I think Bane physically defeating him in public is a better guess at where this movie is headed.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

102. Posted:

What I am wondering is if Bane cause Batman's fall does Catwoman come in and play the anti-hero trying to pick up Batman's slack. I also believe that the man behind all this is going to be Ra's al Ghul.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

103. Posted:

Eh, if the guy behind it all ends up being Ra's, then that'll just relegate Bane to flunky duty again. Fact is, Bane is a villain in his own right, and when he broke the Bat in the comics, he was working alone. Besides, Ra's being behind a major scheme was already done in Begins...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

104. Posted:

Straw_Hat_Luffy wrote:

Eh, if the guy behind it all ends up being Ra's, then that'll just relegate Bane to flunky duty again. Fact is, Bane is a villain in his own right, and when he broke the Bat in the comics, he was working alone. Besides, Ra's being behind a major scheme was already done in Begins...

Yes but I wouldnt be surprise is he was the guy behind all of it. And yes just because Bane worked alone in the comics doesnt mean crap here look how they connected Scarecrow to Ra's in Begins. Ra's wanted to bring Gotham down as he stated in Begins and Batman got in his way it would make sense that he had a back up plan along with a plan to bring Batman down.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

pixelman

105. Posted:

Ra's is dead. If he wasn't, then Neeson would've been brought back for the movie... and he wasn't; there's only a young Ra's in the movie. So basically he'll be in some flashbacks, which probably means he has something to do with Bane's origins.

Also, you know the blue flower thing? I bet that's what Bane uses as his strength enhancement drug. :3

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

106. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Ra's is dead. If he wasn't, then Neeson would've been brought back for the movie... and he wasn't; there's only a young Ra's in the movie. So basically he'll be in some flashbacks, which probably means he has something to do with Bane's origins.

Also, you know the blue flower thing? I bet that's what Bane uses as his strength enhancement drug. :3

Not unless Ra's was so near death in Begins that he took a trip to the Lazarus Pits and rejuvenated himself Thus why they brought in a younger actor to play him.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

pixelman

107. Posted:

That's a little far-fetched for Nolan, haha.

My younger bro told me an interesting theory last night. He was like, what if Catwoman is Talia Al Ghul? It'd be an interesting twist, and it'd even make sense. Hathaway is about the right age, it'd give Catwoman a reason to hate Batman and team up with Bane (you killed my father, rawr!), and since Ra's was a ninja, it'd explain her acrobatic abilities. I doubt it'd happen since it's waaayyy out there, but it's an awesome idea nonetheless. :3

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

108. Posted:

@Pix: Lol Yeah that is a bit far fetched but an interesting one as you said. But I think if they went that route they would upset alot of the fanboys. That almost sounds like something Shumacer would have done.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

pixelman

109. Posted:

Haha yeah the fanboys would rage, which is yet another reason why it should happen. >:3

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

110. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

My younger bro told me an interesting theory last night. He was like, what if Catwoman is Talia Al Ghul? It'd be an interesting twist, and it'd even make sense. Hathaway is about the right age, it'd give Catwoman a reason to hate Batman and team up with Bane (you killed my father, rawr!), and since Ra's was a ninja, it'd explain her acrobatic abilities. I doubt it'd happen since it's waaayyy out there, but it's an awesome idea nonetheless. :3

It makes a lot of sense from a narrative standpoint, but yeah...fanboys would rage. I'm not sure if Nolan cares about that though. I don't think he should. (Frankly, though, I'd much rather see Marion Cotillard in the Catwoman outfit ;) )

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

pixelman

111. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

pixelman wrote:

It makes a lot of sense from a narrative standpoint, but yeah...fanboys would rage. I'm not sure if Nolan cares about that though. I don't think he should.

Haha yeah. I don't think he really cares all that much. As I understand it, Ra's was almost an unknown in the Batman universe, yet Nolan made him almost completely destroy Gotham. So... who knows. It's hard to predict Nolan. :3

Kid_A wrote:

(Frankly, though, I'd much rather see Marion Cotillard in the Catwoman outfit ;) )

Speak for yourself. B-)

It kinda looks like Marion will be Talia Al-Ghul. She has some random name that apparently doesn't exist in the Batman universe (Miranda Tate), so I'd say that could easily be an alias. Interestingly though, Wikipedia's TDKR page says she's "a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham."

Maybe she'll be playing the deception game like her dear ol' dad was so good at? :3
I <3 speculation

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

112. Posted:

Ra's was never an unknown in the Bat-verse amongst fans, but an unknown to the mainstream, yes.

I'm kind of doubting Talia being involved in the movie. It would come out of nowhere and feel a bit forced, as Ra's wasn't even referred to in the 2nd film, and would likely overcrowd the story (one of the big failings of Spidey 3). It's possible, but it doesn't seem like Nolan's style.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

113. Posted:

Off-topic: Yeah, Spider-Man 3 shouldn't have tackled 3 villains. Sandman was done reasonably well imo, but New Goblin and Venom were hugely underdeveloped and just plain lame to boot.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

pixelman

114. Posted:

Pandalicious wrote:

Off-topic: Yeah, Spider-Man 3 shouldn't have tackled 3 villains. Sandman was done reasonably well imo, but New Goblin and Venom were hugely underdeveloped and just plain lame to boot.

What? New Goblin had two movies of development.

Nolan's pretty good about having a lot of characters and still managing to not crowd things.

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

115. Posted:

I meant Harry as an actual supervillain, not just what led him to become New Goblin. But yeah I guess that was the wrong choice of words for him. Basically, he attacks Spidey for revenge, gets amnesia, gets unamnesia, kidnaps his girlfriend, gets beat up by evil Spidey, learns truth about him, sacrifices himself for Spidey. It's just all too simple and sloppily done for me, the whole supervillain shtick. That's what I intended to say about the character.

Now to be actually back on topic: what do you guys think of Nolan's many ongoing collaborations, with the likes of Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt all back from Inception? I think it's cool as long as they don't end up having essentially the same roles that they had in that movie, which Nolan seems to be doing well with so far.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

pixelman

116. Posted:

Ohhh that's right. I remember he got smashed in the head like 4 times.

Anyway, Catwoman pics! As I suspected, they're making her look a bit more... realistic? lol.

Also, here's a couple pics of Bane and Miranda Tate.

I'm getting more and more stoked for this! :D

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

117. Posted:

Ugh. I hope thats not the actually catwoman suit it is horrible whats up with the funky glasses? Hopefully thats what she wares before becoming Catwoman and she finishes that suit off with a Catwoman style mask.

As for Bane he kinda looks well puny for Bane.

After seeing those pics I am kinda worried about DKR.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

pixelman

118. Posted:

Apparently people were worried about Heath Ledger playing the Joker, and I've even seen complaints about how the asian dude was played up to be Ra's in the trailers... and look how those movies turned out.

Nolan likes keeping his movies realistic. And honestly I'm not missing the Catwoman mask, lol.

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

119. Posted:

The goggles-look is based on the more current Catwoman design that's been the norm for quite a number of years now:

Untitled

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

120. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Apparently people were worried about Heath Ledger playing the Joker, and I've even seen complaints about how the asian dude was played up to be Ra's in the trailers... and look how those movies turned out.

Nolan likes keeping his movies realistic. And honestly I'm not missing the Catwoman mask, lol.

I dont know just doesnt seem to be Catwoman without the mask. I mean would Joker be Joker without the makeup?

My Backlog