Forums

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Posts 301 to 305 of 305

DefHalan

I posted this in the Anime thread, but I didn't know we had a cartoon thread and this might actually belong in here

DefHalan wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just got to watch the first two episodes of an Australian Animated series in the works and it was great. It is called Prisoner Zero
Untitled
The production team has lots of connections to Doctor Who and they are still looking for Networks to show it outside of Australia but I recommend you guys keep an eye out for this show. It was a lot of fun

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RR529

Me and my bro have started to slowly go through the Animaniacs on Netflix, for a bit of a nostalgia kick.

Still just as good as it ever was, too. It takes the classic Looney Tunes type gags, but turns them up to 11 (the Warner Bros. themselves, at least), but is also very self aware & intelligent about (at one point while trying to do office work, Dot files the paperwork, literally, with a giant nail file, lol).

It's a Spielberg project which attests to it's intelligence, and his love for filmmaking comes through with many clever nods to the medium (the Warner Bros. themselves, living on the studio premises, often mingle with big stars such as Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson, etc. There are also other characters, such as Slappy Squirrel, an old but spunky retired cartoon star. Buttons the dog, who's skits are a riff on classic Lassie stories. As well as the "Goodfeathers", a group of wise cracking pigeons who are a clever nod to the classic mob film, Goodfellas). This makes it a show that not only is a fun for kids (as me & my bro were when we first watched it), but also with lots of clever jokes for older audiences.

Some of the pop culture references are naturally a bit out of date, but it's still definitely worth a watch. Check it out you youngsters!

Hope it's okay to revive this threads, as it seems it's right on that 6 month line.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rexcalibr

Untitled

LalalalalaThis is my stop. Got to get off. I may go pop. Excuse me. Excuse me. I've got to be direct. You're standing on my neck. If I'm wrong please correct. You're standing on my neck.

Rexcalibr

Vinny

Have been watching Batman: The Animated series. Before that I watched Xavier: Renegade Angel, a very surreal 3D cartoon.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.