Forums

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 305

Megas75

I remember when I just stopped watching TV all together once King of the Hill was cancelled and Avatar The Last Airbender(both of which are some of my favorite shows ever) around 2008/09, where there wasn't many good shows out. It wasn't until 2011 when I saw FiM(which I surprisingly love), then decided to look up other cartoons like Regular Show(another one I ended up loving), Adventure Time, Symbionic Titan(which is unfortunately cancelled) and then 2012 came and Korra finally aired. There's still a lot of good cartoons though that I still need to catch up on like Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Over the Garden Wall.

Also as for what my favorite show is, it's Megas XLR if my user name wasn't evident enough

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Gridatttack

Actually, the SU/UG crossover wasnt bad.

I mean, at the start, Uncle Grandpa pretty much just confirms it isnt canon and proceeds to troll the watchers about that April 1st date :>

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Retro_on_theGo

The crossover was brilliant. I love how he flat out says it's not canon and it just becomes a giant April fool's day episode. Glad they did that so they could get as wacky as they did. It was hilarious!

Great crossover over all in my opinion. Hope CN does more. I know Rebecca Sugar wanted to create a multiverse with the CN characters.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Gridatttack

Yeah.
I was skeptical as first as I dont really like UG.

But they sure did troll people on it.
(Lars and Sadie ship sinking :>)

I wonder if this was a reason they stopped past year with Lion 3, so atleast this episode would be close to april 1st :v

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.

Gridatttack

Im was surprised to see Swat Katz mentioned.

Also Steven and UG were playing some smash :3

And yeah, Pearl pretty much made the episode by not "overacting"

Though it seems this episode takes places before the season 1 finale events.
I wonder whats the chronological order of the episodes.
Or perhaps only for this episode, as supposedly, this episode was started to being worked on 1 year ago.

Jacob717

Sergio151 wrote:

I liked the crossover, especially the references to all of the other CN shows. Let's see if Disney or Nick will see this and try to do a crossover, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I can see Wander Over Yonder and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil doing a crossover.

Jacob717

Jacob717

Sergio151 wrote:

Maybe it can work. I don't think Disney is willing to do a crossover though. Probably when ratings become low or something.

Well Phineas & Ferb did a crossover with Marvel and Star Wars, and back in the day, Lilo & Stitch did a crossover with Recess, The Proud Family, Kim Possible and American Dragon.

Jacob717

Retro_on_theGo

So I don't know how many people are aware, but I thought I'd share some recent happenings! Mr. Warburton, creator of Codename: Kids Next Door, wants to make a sequel to KND and actually got the original cast back together for one of the best PR stunts!

About 4 weeks ago this mysterious video about the Kids Next Door along with the site Rainbowmonkeys.com surfaced. The rainbow monkeys site had a count down that ended on April 1st so naturally people were skeptical. The countdown ended up being another video explaining the situation.

There's currently no plans for a sequel to Kids Next Door, but this whole thing that was going on for about 3 weeks was to get the fans excited to show Cartoonnetwork there's demand for a sequel. There's a petition to green light the show and it almost has 10,000 signatures within 4 days I think. I would love to see Mr. Warburton's vision become a series!
https://www.change.org/p/cartoon-network-greenlight-galactic-...

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Jacob717

Has anyone seen Harvey Beaks? Despite being on Nickelodeon, it isn't terrible. The jokes are good, the characters are good, and the show doesn't insult your intelligence.

Jacob717

LaserdiscGal

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I don't know how many people are aware, but I thought I'd share some recent happenings! Mr. Warburton, creator of Codename: Kids Next Door, wants to make a sequel to KND and actually got the original cast back together for one of the best PR stunts!

About 4 weeks ago this mysterious video about the Kids Next Door along with the site Rainbowmonkeys.com surfaced. The rainbow monkeys site had a count down that ended on April 1st so naturally people were skeptical. The countdown ended up being another video explaining the situation.

There's currently no plans for a sequel to Kids Next Door, but this whole thing that was going on for about 3 weeks was to get the fans excited to show Cartoonnetwork there's demand for a sequel. There's a petition to green light the show and it almost has 10,000 signatures within 4 days I think. I would love to see Mr. Warburton's vision become a series!
https://www.change.org/p/cartoon-network-greenlight-galactic-...

Well it worked for Toonami.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Jacob717

I caught up with Steven Universe, last time I watched it was in 2013, yeah, I'm kinda late. Anyways, this show is great. I like most of the characters (not feeling Ronaldo), and the plots are good. I also love the anime references to Evangelion, Naruto, and Sailor Moon.

Never thought I'd say this but, I think this is better Gravity Falls.

Jacob717

DiscoDriver43

I just wanted to post this, since this is a rare to find tv show. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ap0sez768&index=2&list=PLqcNVz8UuCsIMWSGN99O63xJuMsdeQNKC] has too much cheese and corn, but for years, i couldn't even find clips of this show, let alone episodes. I honestly thought it was just some parody of weird animated tv show adaptations.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

TheKingOfTown

Sergio151 wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

So, it looks like FOP wasn't cancelled. http://fredseibert.frederator.com/post/116119585607/ok-were-i...

Can Nick just stop beating the FOP horse and just let it die already? I liked the show as a kid, but ever since they added Scrappy Doo 2.0 on the show, it killed it for me.

Wow you're right. I can't believe they added a dog into it. They really do need to end it, along with SpongeBob

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

NintendoFan64

Sergio151 wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

So, it looks like FOP wasn't cancelled. http://fredseibert.frederator.com/post/116119585607/ok-were-i...

Can Nick just stop beating the FOP horse and just let it die already? I liked the show as a kid, but ever since they added Scrappy Doo 2.0 on the show, it killed it for me.

I honestly thought that it WAS cancelled. But then I saw MysteriousMr.Enter's review of the episode that introduced...that dog.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

Sergio151 wrote:

I'm sad. They have Cartoon Network shows on Hulu, yet they don't have Ed, Edd N Eddy. Maybe rights or something.

Isn't it on Netflix? Do you have Netflix?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Jacob717

I remember not liking Chowder when I was young. I think I started liking it after it was cancelled.

Jacob717

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.