Forums

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 305

Electricmastro

baba_944 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

The only cartoons I watch now are AT, RS, Spongebob (classics), and now "Sonic Boom". "Clarence" is a pathetically dumb show, and Stephen Universe is a show I'm not into.

The first three seasons of Spongebob I presume?

Yep.

In the case that you're willing to go beyond Season 3, I suggest that you watch this:

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Sir_Diabeetus

Electricmastro wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

The only cartoons I watch now are AT, RS, Spongebob (classics), and now "Sonic Boom". "Clarence" is a pathetically dumb show, and Stephen Universe is a show I'm not into.

The first three seasons of Spongebob I presume?

Yep.

In the case that you're willing to go beyond Season 3, I suggest that you watch this:

I also only watch the classic Fairy Odd Parents, but there are few episodes that I liked. (Before Poof came.)

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

LaserdiscGal

I recommend watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix, really good.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

YuuMonMu

The cartoon shows I go out my way to watch now is Ben 10: Omiverse and Steven Universe. Yeah, yeah, I know, but I actually enjoy the Omiverse's Ben 10, and yes I can agree the Alien Force one was a bit eeenhhh? But this one makes me laugh with it's jokes and I love the shout out references to other shows like Cow & Chicken and Thundercats. And I do find Steven Universe enjoyable with it's beautiful and sweet tones at times. I suggest people who like the show to check out the soundtrack over at Soundcloud.

Man... I also miss Generator Rex, loved the Ben 10 crossover with it.

YuuMonMu

Sir_Diabeetus

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Holy crap I didn't know Steven Universe's soundtrack was on soundcloud! I'm gonna listen to this all day tomorrow!! Ooooh thank you.

Wait.... CN actually released the soundtrack on soundcloud?

CanisWolfred

So apparently thCartoon Network put Over the Garden Wall online before it's actual TV broadcast. I watched the first episode so far, and I like it, but not as much as I'd hoped. The main duo are kind of annoying so far. I think a third character who is kind of in between their level of inteligence would've gone a long way to making their back and forths more tolerable. Instead you just get the silly airheaded kid and the older, yet more realistically frightened kid who clearly knows way more than a kid should. They aren't insufferable, though, but I do hope more characters show up to round out the cast soon...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sir_Diabeetus

CanisWolfred wrote:

So apparently thCartoon Network put Over the Garden Wall online before it's actual TV broadcast. I watched the first episode so far, and I like it, but not as much as I'd hoped. The main duo are kind of annoying so far. I think a third character who is kind of in between their level of inteligence would've gone a long way to making their back and forths more tolerable. Instead you just get the silly airheaded kid and the older, yet more realistically frightened kid who clearly knows way more than a kid should. They aren't insufferable, though, but I do hope more characters show up to round out the cast soon...

Nvm, I guess CN can't really keep the spoilers..... Anyways, I always wondered that all of the main characters are having their personality changed in Over the Garden Wall? Also, I don't usually watch episodes of the show online.

NintendoFan64

I used to watch cartoons all the time as a kid, but then I started playing video-games more often and discovered the internet, eventually straying away from them. However, there are some cartoons that I have fond memories of and actually want to go watch again on Netflix. The shows I was into were a large chunk of Cartoon Network shows. Shows like Dexter's Laboratory, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Johnny Bravo. Though there were some Nick shows I used to watch, like Invader Zim and the old Spongebob episodes. I never really payed much attention to Disney Channel. I would occasionally see what was on there, but I wouldn't stay for long.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CanisWolfred

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nvm, I guess CN can't really keep the spoilers..... Anyways, I always wondered that all of the main characters are having their personality changed in Over the Garden Wall? Also, I don't usually watch episodes of the show online.

You mean do we actually get character development in a cartoon for once? I'm not far enough in to see, but I'm certainly hoping for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TwilightV

CanisWolfred wrote:

There is a third main character. The next episode introduces them and establishes a new goal for the boys.

TwilightV

Retro_on_theGo

I've seen every episode of Steven Universe now since I said I was going to start watching it. This show is incredible. It literally has surpassed every single expectation I had for it! I LOVE it! Steven Isnt a blundering idiot that does random things to be funny like I expected and he's actually a useful character with a goal and heart warming story to learn more about in his mother. The rest of the cast is really lovable too, in fact I don't think I dislike anyone except maaaybe for Amathyst.

The music is really really charming too. I love the little bits of Chiptune and I even like the little songs in a few episodes. Strong in the Real Way is such a beautiful tune. Glad I finally gave this show a chance,

Tobiaku

@Barbiegurl777
I saw it in Norwegian in 2000-2001, it is possible it was a rerun of the show. Its more exciting than cute tough, ad the main story in the first season is that their parents are abducted, and the two main girls tries to get them home
I'm not realy a fan of modern cartoons, I don't like cartoon network's, Nickoloadion's and modern Disney channels style,mit just looks cheap to me, compared to older shows.

The last cartoon I realy followed weekly on TV (not counting Pokémon) was Loulou from Montemarte.

Have you seen shows like Noah's island, The forgotton toys, and Arthur?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Tobiaku

@Barbiegurl777
This is Arthur and his little sister:
Untitled

My personal alltime favorites are:
Sophie & Virginie
Moomins
Pokémon

I like how NRK (A Norwegian tvchannel) still reairs older shows they hold the Norwegian rights for, like the Moomins, Animals of farthing woods. Too bad other channels does not want to reair their shows, I would love to watch Sophie & Virginie again

Did you know you can buy Goof Troop om dvd in America now? Well, moste of the show. Its released on two volumes, I imported the second volume myself

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

LaserdiscGal

Did anyone catch the season finale of Star Wars Rebels?

Mind Blowing.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Retro_on_theGo

So I'm finally caught up with Steven Universe and the season one finale aired. This show is outstanding. Everyone on the team has poured nothing but love and determination into this show. I'm surprised by how many topics this show tries to handle and does so so well. It treads them very naturally and carefully.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

Sergio151 wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo
Since your a huge fan of SU, what do you think of that SU/Uncle Grandpa that's going to happen?

I'm indifferent to it right now honestly. I think of all the shows they could have picked Uncle Grandpa is a dumb choice because of how different the two are, but oddly enough the character Uncle Grandpa would probably look the least out of place in the SU world.

I like cross overs though and I'm glad that we've been seeing more recently. I don't think there's much to be worried over at the moment. It could be fun.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.