General Discussion Forum

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 244

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

221. Posted:

Oh yeah. So apparently CN is bring back Powerpuff Girls with a new series? Guess the special was a hit. Wonder if Craig McCracken will be back to work on it. I would be very worried without him or Laura Faust.

HilbertIsRad wrote:

Is anybody else hyped up for Lakewood Plaza Turbo? It's supposed to come out later this year.

The pilot is on YouTube, however we don't know much about it yet.

I'm vey excited for it! I found the pilot at the beginning of this year and have been patiently waiting for CN to finally roll out the whole series. It's gonna be fun.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

222. Posted:

how is the new Tom and Jerry cartoon?

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Chun Li is a cute character for an interpol officer.

I like the movie Independance Day because of Will Smith.

Titanic was a pretty sad movie.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

223. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

how is the new Tom and Jerry cartoon?

Eh...not very good, IMO. I only saw a little, but it was obvious they missed a lot of what made the original funny in the first place. This has been happening to T&J for a long time, though, so I guess it's no surprise. IIRC, it wasn't as bad as the movies where Tom talks...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

224. Posted:

so anyway, just because. I watched some Transformers Gen 1 cartoon...christ it is just awful. I will never complain about Bayformers ever again except Revenge of the Fallen

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Chun Li is a cute character for an interpol officer.

I like the movie Independance Day because of Will Smith.

Titanic was a pretty sad movie.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

225. Posted:

Holy crap I just remembered the name of a show I've been looking for for five years. It was Zixx. THIS IS SO WEIRD. I thought I made it up. I can't find episodes online ANYWHERE either.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

226. Posted:

I found an episode on Vimeo without even trying.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

227. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I found an episode on Vimeo without even trying.

In English I mean. I found that too. And some clips in Spanish.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

228. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

so anyway, just because. I watched some Transformers Gen 1 cartoon...christ it is just awful. I will never complain about Bayformers ever again except Revenge of the Fallen

I think everybody agrees that the Bayformers are awful.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
Rebooted YouTube Channel (Under Contruction) | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

Artwark

229. Posted:

Love Dexter's Laboratory! The sheer amount of creativity added in is just amazing.

I have a theory of how Dexter actually has a Lab. Supposedly, he gets the equipment from NASA. NASA was trilled to see Dexter's intelligence but since Dexter is too young, they can't recruit him as an astronaut but instead offers dexter to make equipment to benefit them and so that's probably the reason why he has to pay the bill for NASA due to the cost of the equipment Dexter uses to make things for NASA and since Dee Dee breaks into Dexter's lab all the time, the bill was charged for 200 million dollars.

But its just a theory so don't bother with it.

@SuperMalleo by the way, I've been meaning to ask you where that Mario avatar animation is from? Is it from Mario VS Donkey Kong series or is it based on some sports mario games? Because if you made that, its really awesome!

Edited on by Artwark

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

230. Posted:

@Artwark Actually it's from a short fan-made video called Luigimail: One Instrument. The animation is pretty impressive, even for Mario standards. Check it out yourself:

Edited on by SuperMalleo

配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
Rebooted YouTube Channel (Under Contruction) | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

AuthorMessage

Artwark

231. Posted:

@SuperMalleo I like the animation but the story right now with episode 1 isn't marioish.

DAMM IT NINTENDO! WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE A MARIO TV SHOW?!?!?!?!?!? AND not that Super Show one, use this new one!

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

232. Posted:

Looks like Cartoon Network, Sega and Pizza Hut are celebrating the Powerpuff Girls's 15th anniversary in Japan with cute keychains and plushies. More can be read here.
Untitled
Untitled
Japan really loves the Powerpuff Girls these days, do they?

@Artwark Yes i agree with you. Nintendo should definitely make a new Mario TV show. And not like Sonic Boom.

配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。

AuthorMessage

Dipper723

233. Posted:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Looks like Cartoon Network, Sega and Pizza Hut are celebrating the Powerpuff Girls's 15th anniversary in Japan with cute keychains and plushies. More can be read here.
Untitled
Untitled
Japan really loves the Powerpuff Girls these days, do they?

@Artwark Yes i agree with you. Nintendo should definitely make a new Mario TV show. And not like Sonic Boom.

Yeah, the show was so popular there, that it got it's own anime and manga.

Dipper723

Nintendo Network ID: jj72396

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

234. Posted:

^I like how even Japan forgot about Powerpuff Girls Z.

I've been tempted to watch Steven Universe lately. Looks ok.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

235. Posted:

TBS is now syndicating reruns of Robot Chicken during the afternoon (2 P.M. central), so that's a thing.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

236. Posted:

Steven Universe is the best plot driven cartoon on television (that's still airing new episodes).

For those of you discussing El Tigre, Nicktoons is currently airing it on Sundays at 3PM CST.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

237. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

Steven Universe is the best plot driven cartoon on television (that's still airing new episodes).

Sounds neat. Also, The art style looks like one that could...grow on me if I gave it a chance? The backrounds are nice at least and the character designs are...unique-ish?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

238. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Sounds neat. The art style looks like one that could...grow on me if I gave it a chance? The backrounds are nice at least and the character designs are...unique-ish?

Yeah, the artstyle gets wonky in some episodes, but in a good, expressive way. The music is amazing, but that's a given since the show is by Rebecca Sugar, who wrote some of the best music for Adventure Time.

There's also a new show coming in November called Over The Garden Wall, but it's a 10-part miniseries airing across 5 nights.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

239. Posted:

Now OTGW actually has an art style I can dig. The character designs aren't much different from stuff I usually dismiss, but the use of color really attracts my eye.

In fact, I was gonna muse about how I like so many different art styles but usually think most modern cartoons since 2006 look pretty bad, for reasons I can't even pin down. Now I'm wondering if maybe it's just color and texture usage/shading. Most cartoons these days look flat and simplistic for the characters, albeit often with more detailed backrounds, which winds up just distracting the eye. Old Hanna-Barbarra cartoons used to do that to some degree, too, but at least then it was more of a technical limitation/time constraint than anything else. Now they just use a lot of bright, flat colors even when the show is supposed to be a little more serious. Combine that with cheap animation and character designs that are cute or simplistic even when it might not be necessary (Just because you made it work in Samurai Jack doesn't mean you should use 'em in Sym-Biotic Titan, Tartakovsky!).

To put it simply, I think my problem with at least more story-driven cartoons is that the art doesn't feel like it fits the tone, or at least sets a tone I don't like. To be fair, I probably shouldn't diss the shows based on that, but I'll still probably dismiss most of them. It's mostly about me being picky about what I want to watch.

I guess what I want are for more shows that have a healthy mix of serious moments and comedic moments, while still staying focused on whatever stories they're trying to tell, and have the visual style feel like it's meant to compliment, even excentuate the story they're trying to tell. It's not impossible, and I'm sure I'm overlooking good series that do this already, but I find it so difficult to find one that sits well with me. Hopefully that new mini-series turns out to be good. I'd be more than happy to watch it. I should look and see what time it starts in November...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

240. Posted:

Just saw on BoomerRang (tv channel) there putting Pokemon on boomerrang. They annouced one show apparently in series for five nights on cartoonnetwork Over the Garden Wall Look's pretty interesting premiere's Nov 4th. Looking forward to watching it. :)

Haven't been watching to much on CartoonNetwork lately there cartoon's have really gone downhill in recent year's with garbage like, adventure time, clarence, etc. Just to name a few... Wish CartoonNetwork would put on the classic's again from the 1990's, & 2000 era like BeetleJuice, Taz-Mania, Ed, Edd, N Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, PowerPuff Girls, etc. Show's that actually had plot lines & Storylines that were actually funny back then.... It's depressing watching some of these newer show's they put on CartoonNetwork these days... I use to really like CartoonNetwork at one point in time... Oh well...

Tired of new series on cartoon network usually lasting a year & not making it past usually the first season. Can cartoon network make one of the newer show's actually last longer than a year like they did with Ed, Edd, N Eddy, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Johnny Bravo etc...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777