General Discussion Forum

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Showing 201 to 220 of 234

AuthorMessage

iKhan

201. Posted:

I've been rewatching the Justice League cartoon and Batman TAS. I forgot how great they were, although neither holds a candle up to Young Justice or Spectacular Spider-man.

Currently Playing: Pandora's Tower, Okami, Tales of Innocence, Inazuma Eleven
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman: The Animated Series, House of Cards

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

202. Posted:

What both BtAS and Justice League are way better than Young Justice. Spectular Spiderman is good but it doesn't hold a candle either

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

iKhan

203. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

What both BtAS and Justice League are way better than Young Justice. Spectular Spiderman is good but it doesn't hold a candle either

Meh, While BtAS and JL are both good, they don't have the powerful human relationship dynamics Young Justice and Spectacular do. Also, the latter two also seem to tackle mature themes more often, while BtAS and JL I feel can occasionally get a bit childish. Greg Weisman also has a knack for pulling really good twists that make sense, but you don't see coming at all.

Actually, since I started rewatching, I realized BtAS wasn't even that dark until Two-Face pt. 1 and 2.

AuthorMessage

Artwark

204. Posted:

Who ever wanted looney tunes to end up like this?

Untitled

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

205. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I decided to watch the pilot for El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera to see if it's as decent as I remember. The pilot's on Vimeo uploaded by the creator himself apparently.
This show holds up MUCH better than I expected. It's pretty funny, has a charming art style, and really makes use of the having to pick between good or evil plot point without breaking the flow. I liked the pilot a lot! Animation can be very stiff sometimes though. I wanna watch more now, I read Nickelodeon has the full series on their site and season one is on iTunes, I'll have to check it out.

Yeah, that was a great show. I unfortunately can't find any other episode besides the pilot, which is a shame because the show got so much better. The writing was good, the concept was original, there was absolutely nothing like it before and there's nothing like it now.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

206. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

Who ever wanted looney tunes to end up like this?

Untitled

Me I like the idea of the Loony Toons used in more mundane situational humor like sienfield.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

207. Posted:

Looney Toons is probably the only old cartoon series I can't think of that could pull it off, since those kind of shows tend to rely on the difference in personalities, and Looney Toons has a varied and surprisingly well defined cast. Some of them had to be altered, but most of them make sense. Lola is the only radical departure I've noticed so far, and honestly Lola never really had much of a personality before, so it's nice seeing her as a relatively memorable character. Sure, it's a shock seeing them in suburbia and driving cars (Bugs' terrible sense of direction worked a lot better when he was tunneling underground, IMO), but for the most part it still feels like the Looney Toons cast, albeit in a very different set up. (and really, I don't know if the classic genius of Looney Toons in its heydey could ever be properly emulated, so I'm glad they tried something different)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

208. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I decided to watch the pilot for El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera to see if it's as decent as I remember. The pilot's on Vimeo uploaded by the creator himself apparently.
This show holds up MUCH better than I expected. It's pretty funny, has a charming art style, and really makes use of the having to pick between good or evil plot point without breaking the flow. I liked the pilot a lot! Animation can be very stiff sometimes though. I wanna watch more now, I read Nickelodeon has the full series on their site and season one is on iTunes, I'll have to check it out.

Yeah, that was a great show. I unfortunately can't find any other episode besides the pilot, which is a shame because the show got so much better. The writing was good, the concept was original, there was absolutely nothing like it before and there's nothing like it now.

Yeah, Nick doesn't have it on their site after all and only sites that do have it are sketchy streaming sites. It's a real shame.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

209. Posted:

Rewatching Reboot. I have the whole series on DVD.
Dreading the day that I once again see that cliffhanger at the end of season 4. "Prepare yourselves.... for the hunt!"
...... and we never knew what happened after that!

Gamecubed

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

iKhan

210. Posted:

Since I loved Spectacular and YJ so much, I decided to check out Gargoyles tonight (same creator). So far I've just seen the first episode, but call me impressed. Greg Weisman is a really good writer for this stuff. Definitely kept me on my toes the whole time.

AuthorMessage

RR529

211. Posted:

iKhan wrote:

Since I loved Spectacular and YJ so much, I decided to check out Gargoyles tonight (same creator). So far I've just seen the first episode, but call me impressed. Greg Weisman is a really good writer for this stuff. Definitely kept me on my toes the whole time.

The first two seasons of Gargoyles are good stuff, and definitely worth watching.

However, the creator left after that because Disney wanted to take it in a different direction than he wanted to, and season 3 noticeably suffers because of that.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

iKhan

212. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

The first two seasons of Gargoyles are good stuff, and definitely worth watching.

However, the creator left after that because Disney wanted to take it in a different direction than he wanted to, and season 3 noticeably suffers because of that.

So basically Greg Weisman is the Valve of cartoons. He can't count to 3. I wonder if Star Wars: Rebels will get to Season 3 with him still on board.

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

213. Posted:

Annyone rember DuckTales?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

214. Posted:

Tobias95 wrote:

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have a chance to see some of that show. It's really good stuff.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

215. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have a chance to see some of that show. It's really good stuff.

Moste of it is aviable on DVD. Too bad Disney's cartoons went downhill during the ninties. Disney should release the rest of their shows on dvd/bray. I got over half of the walt disney treasures dvds ^^ strangely its the ones i'm missing wich turned out to be moste expensive nowday,

Might pick up the weekenders on dvd soon

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

216. Posted:

Holy crap I was just reminded The Life and Times of Juniper Lee was a cartoon that existed. I wonder if it was good I don't remember anything about it other than the basic plot.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

217. Posted:

It was...eh, okay. Nothing special. Kind of on level with American Dragon, maybe a bit worse, especially in terms of characters and animation. Definitely no Jackie Chan Adventures or Shaolin Showdown, though.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

218. Posted:

After reading the newer Ultimate Spider Man comics, I really wish Marvel would greenlight an Ultimate Spider Man series based on the new protagonist Miles Morales. I mean, not that I dislike Peter, but I personally think Miles is a great breath of fresh air and a distinct, but still amusing and relatable, character when compared to his predecessor.

I dunno; that's just my two cents.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

219. Posted:

@GuardianKing

Nah make the show about Gankey and his Legos.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HilbertIsRad

220. Posted:

Is anybody else hyped up for Lakewood Plaza Turbo? It's supposed to come out later this year.

The pilot is on YouTube, however we don't know much about it yet.

I'll post my friend code once I have a better team ready for Pokemon X, for battling.