Forums

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 305

CanisWolfred

Looney Toons is probably the only old cartoon series I can't think of that could pull it off, since those kind of shows tend to rely on the difference in personalities, and Looney Toons has a varied and surprisingly well defined cast. Some of them had to be altered, but most of them make sense. Lola is the only radical departure I've noticed so far, and honestly Lola never really had much of a personality before, so it's nice seeing her as a relatively memorable character. Sure, it's a shock seeing them in suburbia and driving cars (Bugs' terrible sense of direction worked a lot better when he was tunneling underground, IMO), but for the most part it still feels like the Looney Toons cast, albeit in a very different set up. (and really, I don't know if the classic genius of Looney Toons in its heydey could ever be properly emulated, so I'm glad they tried something different)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

HappyHappyist wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I decided to watch the pilot for El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera to see if it's as decent as I remember. The pilot's on Vimeo uploaded by the creator himself apparently.
This show holds up MUCH better than I expected. It's pretty funny, has a charming art style, and really makes use of the having to pick between good or evil plot point without breaking the flow. I liked the pilot a lot! Animation can be very stiff sometimes though. I wanna watch more now, I read Nickelodeon has the full series on their site and season one is on iTunes, I'll have to check it out.

Yeah, that was a great show. I unfortunately can't find any other episode besides the pilot, which is a shame because the show got so much better. The writing was good, the concept was original, there was absolutely nothing like it before and there's nothing like it now.

Yeah, Nick doesn't have it on their site after all and only sites that do have it are sketchy streaming sites. It's a real shame.

Gamecubed

Rewatching Reboot. I have the whole series on DVD.
Dreading the day that I once again see that cliffhanger at the end of season 4. "Prepare yourselves.... for the hunt!"
...... and we never knew what happened after that!

Gamecubed

iKhan

Since I loved Spectacular and YJ so much, I decided to check out Gargoyles tonight (same creator). So far I've just seen the first episode, but call me impressed. Greg Weisman is a really good writer for this stuff. Definitely kept me on my toes the whole time.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

iKhan wrote:

Since I loved Spectacular and YJ so much, I decided to check out Gargoyles tonight (same creator). So far I've just seen the first episode, but call me impressed. Greg Weisman is a really good writer for this stuff. Definitely kept me on my toes the whole time.

The first two seasons of Gargoyles are good stuff, and definitely worth watching.

However, the creator left after that because Disney wanted to take it in a different direction than he wanted to, and season 3 noticeably suffers because of that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iKhan

RR529 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

The first two seasons of Gargoyles are good stuff, and definitely worth watching.

However, the creator left after that because Disney wanted to take it in a different direction than he wanted to, and season 3 noticeably suffers because of that.

So basically Greg Weisman is the Valve of cartoons. He can't count to 3. I wonder if Star Wars: Rebels will get to Season 3 with him still on board.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tobiaku

Annyone rember DuckTales?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Tobiaku

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

Annyone rember DuckTales?

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have a chance to see some of that show. It's really good stuff.

Moste of it is aviable on DVD. Too bad Disney's cartoons went downhill during the ninties. Disney should release the rest of their shows on dvd/bray. I got over half of the walt disney treasures dvds ^^ strangely its the ones i'm missing wich turned out to be moste expensive nowday,

Might pick up the weekenders on dvd soon

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

CanisWolfred

It was...eh, okay. Nothing special. Kind of on level with American Dragon, maybe a bit worse, especially in terms of characters and animation. Definitely no Jackie Chan Adventures or Shaolin Showdown, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuardianKing

After reading the newer Ultimate Spider Man comics, I really wish Marvel would greenlight an Ultimate Spider Man series based on the new protagonist Miles Morales. I mean, not that I dislike Peter, but I personally think Miles is a great breath of fresh air and a distinct, but still amusing and relatable, character when compared to his predecessor.

I dunno; that's just my two cents.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

shingi_70

@GuardianKing

Nah make the show about Gankey and his Legos.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

HilbertIsRad

Is anybody else hyped up for Lakewood Plaza Turbo? It's supposed to come out later this year.

The pilot is on YouTube, however we don't know much about it yet.

I'll post my friend code once I have a better team ready for Pokemon X, for battling.

Retro_on_theGo

Oh yeah. So apparently CN is bring back Powerpuff Girls with a new series? Guess the special was a hit. Wonder if Craig McCracken will be back to work on it. I would be very worried without him or Laura Faust.

HilbertIsRad wrote:

Is anybody else hyped up for Lakewood Plaza Turbo? It's supposed to come out later this year.

The pilot is on YouTube, however we don't know much about it yet.

I'm vey excited for it! I found the pilot at the beginning of this year and have been patiently waiting for CN to finally roll out the whole series. It's gonna be fun.

DiscoDriver43

how is the new Tom and Jerry cartoon?

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

CanisWolfred

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

how is the new Tom and Jerry cartoon?

Eh...not very good, IMO. I only saw a little, but it was obvious they missed a lot of what made the original funny in the first place. This has been happening to T&J for a long time, though, so I guess it's no surprise. IIRC, it wasn't as bad as the movies where Tom talks...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DiscoDriver43

so anyway, just because. I watched some Transformers Gen 1 cartoon...christ it is just awful. I will never complain about Bayformers ever again except Revenge of the Fallen

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.