Forums

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 305

CanisWolfred

I believe the Animation studio for Martin Mystery and Totally Spies was actually Japanese, but it was headed by a french company. So it's kind of in that weird territory where it's not quite anime, but not quite a western cartoon, either.

EDIT: At least, I could've sworn it was, I remember looking up the production studio years ago, and it said it was in Japan. Now I can't find anything on that...

EDIT Again: I'm thinking of Oban Star Racers, damn...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sugarpixel

If you want a half-anime cartoon:

I loved this cartoon when it was on!
The American character, Mikey, was drawn in an American cartoon style, while everyone else (they lived in Japan) was drawn in a Japanese art style! I always thought that was an awesome idea.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

sugarpixel

This reminds me, there was another (I think) Nicktoons cartoon from the same era, that I used to like to watch, but the name and most of the details about it escapes me... it was sort of a supernatural, kinda-scary deal, and these kids (I think) along with a couple of monster guys would go out and solve mysteries (slightly like Scooby Doo)... I'll see if I can't find it again.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

RR529

I wouldn't say it was one of my favorite cartoons of all time, but yeah, Kappa Mikey was pretty humorous.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

sugarpixel

Aha! I found what I was looking for, quite quickly actually, haha!
It was called Martin Mystery. I vaguely remember watching it a few times.
Untitled

Also came across these tow other cartoons I remember:
Yakkity Yak and Edgar and Ellen. I remember watching Yakkity Yak all the time, but I don't remember much about it. And I remember Edgar and Ellen was like a bumper cartoon, but it was kinda Tim Burton-esque and its art style and tone was one of the things that has really influenced my art style over the years.

Electricmastro

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Retro_on_theGo

I decided to watch the pilot for El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera to see if it's as decent as I remember. The pilot's on Vimeo uploaded by the creator himself apparently.
This show holds up MUCH better than I expected. It's pretty funny, has a charming art style, and really makes use of the having to pick between good or evil plot point without breaking the flow. I liked the pilot a lot! Animation can be very stiff sometimes though. I wanna watch more now, I read Nickelodeon has the full series on their site and season one is on iTunes, I'll have to check it out.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

iKhan

I've been rewatching the Justice League cartoon and Batman TAS. I forgot how great they were, although neither holds a candle up to Young Justice or Spectacular Spider-man.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

What both BtAS and Justice League are way better than Young Justice. Spectular Spiderman is good but it doesn't hold a candle either

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

What both BtAS and Justice League are way better than Young Justice. Spectular Spiderman is good but it doesn't hold a candle either

Meh, While BtAS and JL are both good, they don't have the powerful human relationship dynamics Young Justice and Spectacular do. Also, the latter two also seem to tackle mature themes more often, while BtAS and JL I feel can occasionally get a bit childish. Greg Weisman also has a knack for pulling really good twists that make sense, but you don't see coming at all.

Actually, since I started rewatching, I realized BtAS wasn't even that dark until Two-Face pt. 1 and 2.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Socar

Who ever wanted looney tunes to end up like this?

Untitled

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

HappyHappyist

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I decided to watch the pilot for El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera to see if it's as decent as I remember. The pilot's on Vimeo uploaded by the creator himself apparently.
This show holds up MUCH better than I expected. It's pretty funny, has a charming art style, and really makes use of the having to pick between good or evil plot point without breaking the flow. I liked the pilot a lot! Animation can be very stiff sometimes though. I wanna watch more now, I read Nickelodeon has the full series on their site and season one is on iTunes, I'll have to check it out.

Yeah, that was a great show. I unfortunately can't find any other episode besides the pilot, which is a shame because the show got so much better. The writing was good, the concept was original, there was absolutely nothing like it before and there's nothing like it now.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

shingi_70

Artwark wrote:

Who ever wanted looney tunes to end up like this?

Untitled

Me I like the idea of the Loony Toons used in more mundane situational humor like sienfield.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.