General Discussion Forum

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Showing 181 to 200 of 231

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

181. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and bump this thread for RICK AND MORTY!!! Seriously! I cannot stress enough how absolutely BRILLIANT this show is. THIS is the best cartoon of any American animation studio in the past decade. I do not hesitate to say that. (pretty sure Courage, Ed's, and anything else I absolutely love came out like 3-4 years before 2003 so I can safely say that. Although that puts Foster's into question, which was fantastic…)
It's just so funny, smart, self aware, breaking the status quo for these type of shows, has so much love put into it, just all around great. Yeah, sadly, it's not for everyone, since they are some really messed up jokes. But I still highly recommend anyone to watch an episode. I've absolutely fallen in love with it,

My brother showed me an episode of that a few months ago. That was the best thing ever! Well, not really, but it's been a long time since a cartoon consistantly made me laugh, so it sure as hell felt like it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

182. Posted:

Yeah, Rick & Morty is awesome. Rick reminds me of a crass Doc. Brown, which I can't help but be amused by (and I'm sure Doc. Brown is, at some level, his inspiration).

Certainly the best thing Adult Swim has put forth in ages, comedy wise (almost up there with Venture Bros. & Robot Chicken, IMO).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

183. Posted:

I remember watching this half anime and half cartoon called Martin Mystery on Nicktoons Network back in 2008. The show was about supernatural beings and aliens, like the show Supernatural. The characters were all interesting, especially Billy, who looks like a baby Piccolo. It has some great comedic moments, overall, an underrated cartoon.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

RR529

184. Posted:

Neko_Chan wrote:

I remember watching this half anime and half cartoon called Martin Mystery on Nicktoons Network back in 2008. The show was about supernatural beings and aliens, like the show Supernatural. The characters were all interesting, especially Billy, who looks like a baby Piccolo. It has some great comedic moments, overall, an underrated cartoon.

Yeah, I remember that, but I think I didn't watch it much because it reminded me of Totally Spies (which I wouldn't watch, because you know, it's for girls ;P).

Also, what's a half anime half cartoon? It's just a cartoon whose art style is inspired by anime, it's still just a cartoon (not that that's a bad thing).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

185. Posted:

@RR529 Funny, since they're both made by the same company, Marathon Media. There's even an episode where Martin helps the girls. Check it out:

"Half anime half cartoon" is something that i made up. Honestly, i don't know what the art style's name is.

Edited on by SuperMalleo

配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

186. Posted:

I believe the Animation studio for Martin Mystery and Totally Spies was actually Japanese, but it was headed by a french company. So it's kind of in that weird territory where it's not quite anime, but not quite a western cartoon, either.

EDIT: At least, I could've sworn it was, I remember looking up the production studio years ago, and it said it was in Japan. Now I can't find anything on that...

EDIT Again: I'm thinking of Oban Star Racers, damn...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gioku

187. Posted:

If you want a half-anime cartoon:

I loved this cartoon when it was on! :D
The American character, Mikey, was drawn in an American cartoon style, while everyone else (they lived in Japan) was drawn in a Japanese art style! I always thought that was an awesome idea. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

188. Posted:

@Gioku: You have good taste in cartoons.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Gioku

189. Posted:

@ShadowFox254 thanks! Behind video games, cartoons are probably my primary interest. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

190. Posted:

@Gioku That show is awesome! Especially Goku voicing Gonard!

配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

191. Posted:

The only think I liked about Kappa Mikey was the opening. And listening to it now I wonder how kids didn't mind the broken English.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

192. Posted:

This reminds me, there was another (I think) Nicktoons cartoon from the same era, that I used to like to watch, but the name and most of the details about it escapes me... it was sort of a supernatural, kinda-scary deal, and these kids (I think) along with a couple of monster guys would go out and solve mysteries (slightly like Scooby Doo)... I'll see if I can't find it again.

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

193. Posted:

I wouldn't say it was one of my favorite cartoons of all time, but yeah, Kappa Mikey was pretty humorous.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Gioku

194. Posted:

Aha! I found what I was looking for, quite quickly actually, haha! :D
It was called Martin Mystery. I vaguely remember watching it a few times.
Untitled

Also came across these tow other cartoons I remember:
Yakkity Yak and Edgar and Ellen. I remember watching Yakkity Yak all the time, but I don't remember much about it. And I remember Edgar and Ellen was like a bumper cartoon, but it was kinda Tim Burton-esque and its art style and tone was one of the things that has really influenced my art style over the years. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

195. Posted:

@Gioku You couldn't have looked literally 4 posts up above yours? :P lol

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

196. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo oh wow, I didn't even realize! XD
I'm stupid. Carry on. :P

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

197. Posted:

Seriously though, Kappa Mikey's theme song is so good for a simple nicktoon opening song!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

198. Posted:

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

199. Posted:

Has anyone seen Lakewood Plaza Turbo pilot on youtube? It's pretty darn good. I loved the blatant video game and 80's influence. Can't wait until a full series of it is out.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

200. Posted:

I decided to watch the pilot for El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera to see if it's as decent as I remember. The pilot's on Vimeo uploaded by the creator himself apparently.
This show holds up MUCH better than I expected. It's pretty funny, has a charming art style, and really makes use of the having to pick between good or evil plot point without breaking the flow. I liked the pilot a lot! Animation can be very stiff sometimes though. I wanna watch more now, I read Nickelodeon has the full series on their site and season one is on iTunes, I'll have to check it out.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

My Colors! 3D Gallery